Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It’ll be harder to do a Chelsea or City even if they wanted to like. There were maybe 2-3 serious title contenders when they did what they did. Now you’ve got 6 already way ahead of us and the likes of Leicester, Everton & Wolves able to spend big. Just getting into the top 8 would be an achievement first season.

I doubt anyone would be expecting a title challenge in the first year. I'm sure I read it's going to be a gradual growth year on year which is absolute streets ahead of where we've been the last 13 years.

It’ll be harder to do a Chelsea or City even if they wanted to like. There were maybe 2-3 serious title contenders when they did what they did. Now you’ve got 6 already way ahead of us and the likes of Leicester, Everton & Wolves able to spend big. Just getting into the top 8 would be an achievement first season.

I doubt anyone would be expecting a title challenge in the first year. I'm sure I read it's going to be a gradual growth year on year which is absolute streets ahead of where we've been the last 13 years.

Even then, there’ll be seasons where you finish bottom of that pack (likely more often that not), just hope fans don’t get carried away or owner gets trigger happy every 12 months with managers. It took me about 8 years to finally overtake Liverpool and I literally spent over £1bn.

back to the Freddie Shepherd days where the top 3/6 all go for a player  and we just out bid them, will work for some players who don't already earn a mint and want to move to the best terms/deal. Will fail for others where we don't have any recent success and aren't in champions league etc.

Start small and grow from there, if you find yourself in a position where you have over performed don't make our mistake and instantly build/capitalise on it so we don't slip backwards.

As mentioned time and time again this approach while wont breed instant success is like night and day compared to the sloth like plodding we have been doing for years.

Top four, that's all I want. Do what we have to do.

The day I hear that theme tune at SJP again is the day when I truly fall back in love.

You're setting the bar a bit high for yourself there. That will be years away yet, even if it happens at all.

That's not to say that we shouldn't aim for CL; that's what we should be doing but if you can't get all into NUFC again until then, you might have quite a wait.

All I need is the appointment of a good manager and for them to be allowed to sign a couple of players that they specifically want.

Although you did say that you thought we'd get top 6 this year keeping Rafa?

I agree , we will be miles off CL for a while, we can’t go throwing money at this like we want , it’s not what we all really want, we want rid of the fat shit first and then get the love back in the ground and see where we go.Times are different , FCB has us so far off the pace we may never get to the CL again, even now.

Just been listening to audio clips of jim white on the radio, saying that the docs signed are legally binding, i.e. Ashley can't back out or move goal posts now.  Can anyone confirm that's correct?

Only thing left is for the PL to do fit & proper test which most folk are saying is a formality?

Essentially yes. It’s total guesswork as to how the deal is constructed but it’s well into its process now. Once the PL have done their checks which indeed does seem a formality, they can make the required payment and it will all be done.

What we don’t know is if it’s a clean break, or will Ashley still have some sort of contract on the club shop. There’s bound to be some hidden nasty we haven’t seen yet.

Cheers!!  Sounds so fucking close I can smell it!  :D

FFP is just players btw isnt it? Hopefully we can build a world class training facility within the next couple of years.

Never knew that, but aye. Thought it was just a case of balancing the books overall

"Clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt."

Although you did say that you thought we'd get top 6 this year keeping Rafa?

That’s based on Spurs, Man Utd & Arsenal being poor this season. If they were where they should be, I’d not have thought that.