Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Imagine the legal ramifications for the PL if this was to happen?

Good luck to them and Ashley having fucked over the Saudi state.

The Saudis could declare war on the U.K., use all he weapons they bought from us to destroy us.

The Saudis ? Theyre only good at bombing defencless third world places like Yemen they couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag

You do realise it's not just the Saudis bombing the Yemen.  It's a coalition of most of the middle  east countries including Egypt Jordan UAE and even Qatar.

Guest godzilla

Lot of fans thought this was done. Will be a lot of people done with the club and the PL

There won't be really though. We know that.

There will be this time

Lot of fans thought this was done. Will be a lot of people done with the club and the PL

There will be this time

They won’t lose 50 more fans

Guest The Little Waster

Be easy to see another 5 - 10 thousand walk away , there'll be no more free tickets thats for sure

Guest godzilla

There will be this time

do you want to put money on that if it doesn't go through?

What is Duncan Castles like? Is he someone full of shit or someone who carries a bit of respect? Noticed he has a podcast and is talking about the takeover.

Spends most his hours shagging his homemade Mourinho sex doll and crying about anyone who is better than Mourinho.

Just reported this thread, in particular last few pages to Samaritans. You are all welcome.

But in seriousness, that mirror article says absolutely nothing new. If they KNOW the PL are siding with a streaming partner then come out and say deals off until you sort your shit dickheads.

There is no way they are just gonna ignore them and hope they fuck off without a decision and valid reasons either way.

The problem is nothing credible has leaked to indicate which way this is going. Just lots of posturing from Qatar and zip from PL/Ashley/PIF

Guest reefatoon

I’m now that far detached from it all, the twisted side of me is kind of looking forward to seeing the fall out when it fails. The premier league have zapped any excitement right out of it. Hurry up and fail it so everyone can be up in arms, then begrudgingly buy more season tickets and grumble on apathetically for the rest of eternity.

Guest The Little Waster

Imagine this - crowds down to 30 000 ( presuming they are allowed back by then ) watching Baconball and another desperate relegation battle - thats not something even the thickest die hard will feel ok about putting up with . Relegation followed by another relegation battle the following season - itll be a downward spiral like youve never seen before .

There's just no positive news stories about this deal at all now. Not even the slightest snippet.

Everything surrounding it appears negative.

In all fairness the positive articles about with any real substance were written by Caulkin and he’s been slated for it because it hasn’t happened yet.

All the other articles were just capitalising on the clickbait. Now it’s far easier for them to generate negative stories.

Caulkin has shown himself to know absolutely nothing recently, he's been drip-fed vague updates by Staveley but seems to have no real understanding of or insight into the process and makes out like he's some dumb layman that couldn't be expected to understand anything when called out on it.

I agree he has had a shocker all the way through as I mentioned a few pages ago

I've been as negative as it gets, I wouldn't quite say he's had a shocker, but he has put all his faith in what Staveley (or her camp) have been telling him. I've been of the opinion for a long time that's not the wisest move.

Clubs in purgatory.

Can see Qatar bidding on Leeds and having their takeover waved through in a week while we wait until the Saudies give up.

Same here

I’ve reconciled myself to this takeover not happening, but Leeds becoming the dominant force we might have been, will be truly awful to witness on top of that

Guest Butcher

What is Duncan Castles like? Is he someone full of s*** or someone who carries a bit of respect? Noticed he has a podcast and is talking about the takeover.

Did he even say anything new?

Says the would-be owners have answered every question put in front of them and that they are still confident.

There will be this time

I wouldn't start putting numbers on it,but I've supported this club long enough now to know that many are programmed just to carry on.

It wouldn't surprise me given the months of speculation, if season tickets are well up, based on the the takeover and those wanting the available seats from last season/this season.

Not worth getting worked up about news articles. Nobody knows anything, we just have to have endless patience and wait for an answer.

It's been mentioned a few times over the last few pages, but journalists still have a job to do. Following a 0-0 with Brighton the next article will have to be something takeover related to fill the gap of the non-story. I could write an article, publish it and then get it drip fed into the NUFC twitter world just as someone slagging off Newcastle did a few days ago to get a response. We've got a narrative being made with snippets of information, non of it fact checked or confirmed by anyone close to the deal (i.e. Newcastle United or the Premier League - by all means the Premier League are have not usually confirmed an owner has passed/failed a test given the confidential nature).

A quick Google search of 'premier league takeover' shows articles from Daily Express, Chronicle Live, Give me Sport, The Mag, BBC and The Sun all directly linked to the Newcastle takeover all on page 1. There is one article from The Guardian regarding the WSL and an opposition to the Premier League taking it over. There is also direct links to Twitter with all but three not related to NUFC. It's hard to ignore a story when it features nearly everywhere, but nothing of note has been confirmed and it's still a waiting game.

I've taken a few steps back from it all, I'm not sure who to believe. I just keep on asking myself the same questions - "why haven't they said 'no' yet? It's been over 3 months and they've still not rejected it"

Usually followed by "what the fuck more to SA need to do to get them to say 'yes'?"  :lol:

I'm just a bystander at this point, whatever happens will happen, I can't influence it either way so I'm not going to worry about it. It'll happen or it won't. I hope it does but if it doesn't then my interest in NUFC will dwindle away to virtually 0. Another season of Ashley and Bruce doesn't bare thinking about, so I'm not going to  :aww:

Guest godzilla

There will be this time

I wouldn't start putting numbers on it,but I've supported this club long enough now to know that many are programmed just to carry on.

It wouldn't surprise me given the months of speculation, if season tickets are well up, based on the the takeover and those wanting the available seats from last season/this season.

Never mind the takeover but the situation with Covid will tell you that season ticket sales will not be well up. Think you're going to be surprised how low the crowds will be next year if the takeover does not go through. Let's see

There will be this time

Never mind the takeover but the situation with Covid will tell you that season ticket sales will not be well up. Think you're going to be surprised how low the crowds will be next year if the takeover does not go through. Let's see

Oh shit of course, I wasn't basing it on covid, was meaning in normal circumstances. I mean when the hype was up I was interested in buying a ticket again, so it shows there will have been many like me tempted in again, I resisted though until it would be rubber stamped, but again it's a tough choice because waiting can see them all go anyway. Now I'm back on the fence and thinking its definitely a good idea to leave it.

I felt it was all back on track and looking positive until the Saudis banned BeIN from SA. That's the bit which has gotten the PL's back up, and understandably so.

Why the fuck they couldn't wait another few days before doing that shit is beyond me. Just don't rock the boat, it can't be that hard surely?

It it doesn't go ahead (we still don't know either) then I think you will be struggling for 20,000 crowds next year as I honestly belive this will be the final step too far for most

It'll only be as low as 20,000 if that's enforced due to coronavirus safety reasons lol. Fans move on very quickly and the matchday goers now are reasonably content with Bruce anyway.

Guest godzilla

There will be this time

Oh s*** of course, I wasn't basing it on covid, was meaning in normal circumstances. I mean when the hype was up I was interested in buying a ticket again, so it shows there will have been many like me tempted in again, I resisted though until it would be rubber stamped, but again it's a tough choice because waiting can see them all go anyway.

If the takeover goes through tickets will be like gold dust I agree. Until that happens though and with Covid then I would say people will be keeping their powder dry as it's a lot of money to splash out based on ifs and maybes. It was obvious after 4 weeks that there were issues and now we are in week 16 and those issues are still being discussed.

It it doesn't go ahead (we still don't know either) then I think you will be struggling for 20,000 crowds next year as I honestly belive this will be the final step too far for most

It'll only be as low as 20,000 if that's enforced due to coronavirus safety reasons lol. Fans move on very quickly and the matchday goers now are reasonably content with Bruce anyway.

They had to give 10k season tickets away this season to get anywhere near to capacity. It'll be worse next season.