Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

Lot of fans thought this was done. Will be a lot of people done with the club and the PL

It it doesn't go ahead (we still don't know either) then I think you will be struggling for 20,000 crowds next year as I honestly belive this will be the final step too far for most

It'll only be as low as 20,000 if that's enforced due to coronavirus safety reasons lol. Fans move on very quickly and the matchday goers now are reasonably content with Bruce anyway.

We will see think you're totally wrong, but we will soon find out if it doesn't go through.

Lot of fans thought this was done. Will be a lot of people done with the club and the PL

There won't be really though. We know that.

There will be this time

They won’t lose 50 more fans

do you want to put money on that if it doesn't go through?

No , I don’t need or think to bet on such things, especially with strangers on the internet.

My theory is based on my 52 years supporting this club and how our fan base just can’t give it up.

What’s yours based on ? A guess based on a few strangers on the net?

There will be this time

No , I don’t need or think to bet on such things, especially with strangers on the internet.

My theory is based on my 52 years supporting this club and how our fan base just can’t give it up.

You'll remember the late 70s and early 90s when many crowds were sub 15k because of the fans unrest then?

It it doesn't go ahead (we still don't know either) then I think you will be struggling for 20,000 crowds next year as I honestly belive this will be the final step too far for most

It'll only be as low as 20,000 if that's enforced due to coronavirus safety reasons lol. Fans move on very quickly and the matchday goers now are reasonably content with Bruce anyway.

They had to give 10k season tickets away this season to get anywhere near to capacity. It'll be worse next season.

My theory is based on the numbers pre give away, other than COVID when it gets back to normal we won’t lose many at all

There will be this time

You'll remember the late 70s and early 90s when many crowds were sub 15k because of the fans unrest then?

Yes , I was among them, in the west stand paddock, dark days , but our crowd was different , they are like fucking robots now , we will get 42k minimum when it’s all ok to go.

I know a lad very well known on the away circuit , never misses a match , fucking hates Ashley etc Bruce etc so I asked him why he still goes.......love the day out, it’s what I do....multiply that by thousands and there’s our fan base right there, no idea why, beer and the lads.

There will be this time

Yes , I was among them, in the west stand paddock, dark days , but our crowd was different , they are like fucking robots now , we will get 42k minimum when it’s all ok to go.

We've been down to less than that in the PL era. Down to less than 40k for some Championship games in 09/10. It'll drop to below 40k for many games next season even when up to full capacity. Even NUFC.com are predicting a huge drop off in crowds and they've got 50+ years of going to almost every game and can gauge the fanbase better than anyone.

There will be this time

Yes , I was among them, in the west stand paddock, dark days , but our crowd was different , they are like f***ing robots now , we will get 42k minimum when it’s all ok to go.

We've been down to less than that in the PL era. Down to less than 40k for some Championship games in 09/10. It'll drop to below 40k for many games next season even when up to full capacity. Even NUFC.com are predicting a huge drop off in crowds and they've got 50+ years of going to almost every game and can gauge the fanbase better than anyone.

We both could be right mate, frankly I don’t give a fuck now. O0

Guest The Little Waster

There will be this time

Put the crack pipe down ...

I felt it was all back on track and looking positive until the Saudis banned BeIN from SA. That's the bit which has gotten the PL's back up, and understandably so.

Why the f*** they couldn't wait another few days before doing that s*** is beyond me. Just don't rock the boat, it can't be that hard surely?

One thing I would say is that if it does go through I hope the Saudi's are nowhere near hands on running the club they're fucking basket cases :lol:

Guest godzilla

There will be this time

It's got nothing to do with the length of time you have been supporting the club, I've been supporting the club longer than you also. Look what happened in the late 70s/80s under Westwood and especially McKeag people do give up. My theory is based on talking to people of similar age who have also been going for years, still do and have said enough is enough if this doesn't go through, as the last chance for hope of seeing a team trying to compete will have disappeared.

There is also the covid virus which have meant people not attending and people have started to discover that not going to the match under the current climate has not bothered them one bit. Don't give a s*** what people say on twitter either.

Guest The Little Waster

Post a failed takeover the balloon will be deflating not inflating . We were already down to approx 40 000 before the free tickets fiasco , add in th what if of nearly being the richest club on the planet and then being faced with more Baconball an even less interested owner , no investment beyond some fucker from Motherwell no ones even heard of and there'll be another drop off and then youre looking at potentially 30 or even sub 30 000 crowds watching another desperate relegation battle / more shit football and the odd cripple like Caroll - honestly - give ya heed a shake man

There will be this time

It's got nothing to do with the length of time you have been supporting the club, I've been supporting the club longer than you also. Look what happened in the late 70s/80s under Westwood and especially McKeag people do give up. My theory is based on talking to people of similar age who have also been going for years, still do and have said enough is enough if this doesn't go through as the last chance for hope of seeing a team trying to compete will have disappeared.

There is also the covid virus which have meant people not attending and people have started to discover that not going to the match under the current climate has not bothered them one bit. Don't give a s*** what people say on twitter either.

Difference in the 70’s and 80’s you could pay on the gate mate, now you have a season ticket choice to make now, some just can’t give it up, I know 3 folk pay from London season after season and never, ever go ffs.

Why would match going fans give up this time, the one time it isn’t Ashley’s fault ?

They won’t, this rhetoric is just another example of being in a virtual bubble, the outspoken fans in here or on Twitter, don’t represent the vast majority of the fan base

People underestimate how much sympathy Bruce has garnered, not to mention the ‘support the team, not the regime’ brigade

Pretty much this

I know a lad very well known on the away circuit , never misses a match , fucking hates Ashley etc Bruce etc so I asked him why he still goes.......love the day out, it’s what I do....multiply that by thousands and there’s our fan base right there, no idea why, beer and the lads.

I've taken a few steps back from it all, I'm not sure who to believe. I just keep on asking myself the same questions - "why haven't they said 'no' yet? It's been over 3 months and they've still not rejected it"

Usually followed by "what the fuck more to SA need to do to get them to say 'yes'?"  :lol:

I'm just a bystander at this point, whatever happens will happen, I can't influence it either way so I'm not going to worry about it. It'll happen or it won't. I hope it does but if it doesn't then my interest in NUFC will dwindle away to virtually 0. Another season of Ashley and Bruce doesn't bare thinking about, so I'm not going to  :aww:

It's a strange one alright, the buyers having been so confident it would be done so long ago, then remaining supremely confident for all this time. They couldn't have been bluffing surely.

Guest godzilla

There will be this time

It's got nothing to do with the length of time you have been supporting the club, I've been supporting the club longer than you also. Look what happened in the late 70s/80s under Westwood and especially McKeag people do give up. My theory is based on talking to people of similar age who have also been going for years, still do and have said enough is enough if this doesn't go through as the last chance for hope of seeing a team trying to compete will have disappeared.

Difference in the 70’s and 80’s you could pay on the gate mate, now you have a season ticket choice to make now, some just can’t give it up, I know 3 folk pay from London season after season and never, ever go ffs.

We will see that's all I can say  O0

Don't get this talk about how exclusivity has expired.

The exclusivity part is between due dilligence and when a deal is agreed.

Exclusivity expired the minute Ashley accepted the deposit and the deal went to a 3rd party for approval.

There will be this time

Yes , I was among them, in the west stand paddock, dark days , but our crowd was different , they are like f***ing robots now , we will get 42k minimum when it’s all ok to go.

Only if Ashley continues to give 10k plus tickets away will we have those sort of crowds. People have been walking away in huge numbers since Benitez left, this would be the final straw for many.

I honestly  think it’s as simple as the Saudis are simply refusing to do what the prem have asked and as such it’s a complete stalemate which suits the league as they hope it eventually fizzles out.

Don't get this talk about how exclusivity has expired.

The exclusivity part is between due dilligence and when a deal is agreed.

Exclusivity expired the minute Ashley accepted the deposit and the deal went to a 3rd party for approval.

Me neither the last person to raise this was also a certain baldy cockney cnut, that time it was also rubbished so I’ve got my doubts.