Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Let’s hope old Mauriss is legit. We are gonna need a sloppy second to come in after this shit show. All hail our new overlord Henry.

Guest chopey

Let’s hope old Mauriss is legit. We are gonna need a sloppy second to come in after this shit show. All hail our new overlord Henry.

Wey knar, our new sandy saviours will come through

Not arsed whether he is legit or not, I’m done if this doesn’t go through. Ideal opportunity for the football club and the city to move forwards taken away from us. The Yank Stewy Donald can get to fuck.

Just wait, good old Henry has promised a charm offensive to get the fans on side.

He's a fraud, a Qatari patsy, a penniless nobody chancer with less means to buy this club than Stewart Donald. The only way he affords us is with leveraged debt.

It will be worse than Ashley, by several orders of magnitude. We will, to coin a phrase, "do a Leeds".

Citing Israel as a precedent.

Did not see that coming.

Did BeIN expect to be covering Israel when they bid for this though only to have the rights taken away later, or did they already know the rights there would be done separately? I don't know the answer to this but it's an important question if that's the example they're citing.

I just can't grasp the stupidity of the Saudis here, in getting right to the brink of getting this over the line and then rather than just waiting to do this shit, they decide to pull a stunt like this just out of petulance. Dumb as a bunch of fucking rocks.

That's it then. The shop is closed. Everything is set how it is now.

Nobody else can come in and compete. Waste of time and money to get involved now for the good of a club, only to benefit the owners from owning clubs making up the numbers in the PL. The sheer glory of that. That's why we all fell in love with football.

Man City are locked in as the dominant force. 30 games of attack versus defence a season like the game that's just finished. Exciting and yet more glory.

Good thread here.....looks like the beginning of the end for me.

Not sure who he is an how he is disclosing such seemingly detailed information but it doesn't make for good reading.

Mid east journalist who formerly worked for beIN sports.

Did not see that coming.

What’s to stop Saudi coming to an monetary agreement with Israel to Legally use their broadcast stream, thus bypassing the problem with Bein?

Did not see that coming.

What’s to stop Saudi coming to an monetary agreement with Israel to Legally use their broadcast stream, thus bypassing the problem with Bein?

Nothing, the Saudis could then legally broadcast PL matches in Israel, to Israelis.

Not sure how this addresses the matter at hand though?

Did not see that coming.

Nothing, the Saudis could then legally broadcast PL matches in Israel, to Israelis.

The matter in hand seems to keep harping back to bein being blocked so the Saudis have no way to watch the PL which seems to be the main PL problem, an agreement with Israel bypasses that problem

Did not see that coming.

The matter in hand seems to keep harping back to bein being blocked so the Saudis have no way to watch the PL which seems to be the main PL problem, an agreement with Israel bypasses that problem

How? The Israelis are only allowed to broadcast in Israel. :lol:

That's all their agreement covers. They can't broadcast that anywhere else. They can't sell the rights to broadcast in Saudi Arabia, because that's BeIN's territory.

Guest awaymag

Did not see that coming.

What I find strange is why didn't Ben Jacobs put this out there before the mirror or Edwards articles?  Why is that when one journalist writes a negative piece, suddenly another writes a twitter thread with details of this and that.  Very strange indeed!

Interesting from Jacobs. I think if the termination of beIN had been so detrimental it'd have been rejected by now though.

Maybe they've asked the Saudis to do something, and they're not doing it. That seems to be what Jacobs is intimating.

So they either do as needed, or eventually it'll be rejected. We're in the "We'll give you time to get this sorted" stage right now.

Jacobs always seems pretty clued up but I’m always wary due to bein connection. Must admit his tweet about 100 mp’s wanting to block the deal has me worried slightly. I’m unsure how he would have that information though and seems a bit far fetched.

Confidence has certainly been knocked today, however I still don’t think we can be sure which way this heading just yet.

Did not see that coming.

*Iran has entered the chat*

Jacobs always seems pretty clued up but I’m always wary due to bein connection. Must admit his tweet about 100 mp’s wanting to block the deal has me worried slightly. I’m unsure how he would have that information though and seems a bit far fetched.

Confidence has certainly been knocked today, however I still don’t think we can be sure which way this heading just yet.

As a former beIN employee I would imagine many of his sources would be within beIN. Who knows if their delibrately feeding him negative spin to destabilise the bid.