Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Apart from a dramatic headline from a s*** stirring c***, absolutely nothing has changed today. The arbitration is continuing no one has disputed that. We all know Ashley will be problematic to negotiate with if we go down, and we can all speculate whether he will accept a lower price or not.

So to clarify amongst all this hysteria, yesterday we still required approval and survival for deal to definitely go through.

Today we still require approval and survival for the deal to definitely go through.

Think I’ll return to my zen like positive state.

I’m still with you on the optimism stakes, though I’m now of the view that it may be months rather than weeks away. My main concern is avoiding relegation, as I think this is the key to the timing of any action.

Yeah relegation undoubtedly has become the biggest threat, let’s hope we can pull something out of the bag Sunday.

Apart from a dramatic headline from a s*** stirring c***, absolutely nothing has changed today. The arbitration is continuing no one has disputed that. We all know Ashley will be problematic to negotiate with if we go down, and we can all speculate whether he will accept a lower price or not.

So to clarify amongst all this hysteria, yesterday we still required approval and survival for deal to definitely go through.

Today we still require approval and survival for the deal to definitely go through.

I’m still with you on the optimism stakes, though I’m now of the view that it may be months rather than weeks away. My main concern is avoiding relegation, as I think this is the key to the timing of any action.

Yeah relegation undoubtedly has become the biggest threat, let’s hope we can pull something out of the bag Sunday.

Well, no :lol:

The multiple other hurdles which have not yet been overcome still remain the biggest threat. No deal can happen until many other things are resolved, none of which have moved anywhere since PIF pulled out.

Relegation is immaterial when there is no deal in place. We could qualify for the Champions League this season and it still wouldn’t make a difference.

The multiple other hurdles which have not yet been overcome still remain the biggest threat. No deal can happen until many other things are resolved, none of which have moved anywhere since PIF pulled out.

Relegation is immaterial when there is no deal in place. We could qualify for the Champions League this season and it still wouldn’t make a difference.

Thank you Fantail for that nice piece of Optimism

Well, yes  :lol:

The deal is agreed and in place, hence Ashley currently spending a fortune on legal fees.

If survival is secured and PL approve deal we have our takeover. You talk about multiple hurdles however in reality once Bein is reinstated and the cases are settled, it is very much open to debate whether separation will still be fought over.

The deal is agreed and in place, hence Ashley currently spending a fortune on legal fees.

If survival is secured and PL approve deal we have our takeover. You talk about multiple hurdles however in reality once Bein is reinstated and the cases are settled, it is very much open to debate whether separation will still be fought over.

“Once Bein is reinstated and the cases are settled”, you’re talking like it’s the matter of a 10 minute phone call. We’re talking about KSA and Qatar who have been embroiled in dispute for many years. Diplomatic relations have started to turn around but the conversations that need to happen have not even began.

It’s not as simple as switching some television boxes on. You’re speculating about complex tit for tat legal cases which aren’t that simple.

We’re not far from the equivalent of North and South Korea settling all disputes and becoming best mates. This doesn’t happen overnight, it could take years. As Jacobs has said today, patience will eventually run thin (if they’re not already).

Optimism is fine, but blind faith with no evidence to support the optimism is pointless.

Regarding the agreed deal (which isn’t an agreed deal as has been widely reported, it’s off)... If a deal was even remotely close, why is Bruce allowed to continue on to relegation which would almost certainly destroy the deal? Nothing that has been reported makes this deal seem remotely close.

“Once Bein is reinstated and the cases are settled”, you’re talking like it’s the matter of a 10 minute phone call. We’re talking about KSA and Qatar who have been embroiled in dispute for many years. Diplomatic relations have started to turn around but the conversations that need to happen have not even began.

It’s not as simple as switching some television boxes on. You’re speculating about complex tit for tat legal cases which aren’t that simple.

We’re not far from the equivalent of North and South Korea settling all disputes and becoming best mates. This doesn’t happen overnight, it could take years. As Jacobs has said today, patience will eventually run thin (if they’re not already).

Optimism is fine, but blind faith with no evidence to support the optimism is pointless.

Regarding the agreed deal (which isn’t an agreed deal as has been widely reported, it’s off)... If a deal was even remotely close, why is Bruce allowed to continue on to relegation which would almost certainly destroy the deal? Nothing that has been reported makes this deal seem remotely close.

Don’t bite Whitley or he’ll be here for ever...stick him on Ignore

Mate, don’t waste your time, let them have it in this thread. We could get relegated, lose arbitration & Ashley could release a statement saying the club no for sale and they’d stlll be giving it “I’m supremely confident” and “we just need to be patient W A I T”

I admire the optimism I really do :lol: that’s what this thread is for after all

Don’t bite Whitley or he’ll be here for ever...stick him on Ignore

Agreed, think I’ll bite my tongue for once and head off to bed.  :lol:

Wording of thread titles aside, it was my understanding that this is the positivity thread. When the original takeover thread was locked it was pretty annoying to see some of those types of posts creep in here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the takeover is 100% going through but have a bit of self control, and respect the purpose of the threads in which you post. I think there are a minority on this forum that get a bit of a kick from talking people down or feeling that it is necessary to play devil's advocate.

It’s fine to have a positivity thread, but it’s equally okay to discuss the positivity posters express and explore the reasons behind it and/or the facts.

Otherwise it’s pointless to have this thread and people should just scream their ramblings at themselves in the mirror. What next? The betting thread to only contain bets placed and you couldn’t possibly discuss your thoughts behind other people’s bets through fear of upsetting them?

It’s fine to have a positivity thread, but it’s equally okay to discuss the positivity posters express and explore the reasons behind it and/or the facts.

Otherwise it’s pointless to have this thread and people should just scream their ramblings at themselves in the mirror. What next? The betting thread to only contain bets placed and you couldn’t possibly discuss your thoughts behind other people’s bets through fear of upsetting them?

I would agree with you if there were two betting threads ?

Wording of thread titles aside, it was my understanding that this is the positivity thread. When the original takeover thread was locked it was pretty annoying to see some of those types of posts creep in here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the takeover is 100% going through but have a bit of self control, and respect the purpose of the threads in which you post. I think there are a minority on this forum that get a bit of a kick from talking people down or feeling that it is necessary to play devil's advocate.

Well said.I know this is a forum for all things Newcastle....and healthy debate is why we spend so much of our day viewing it.BUT I’m convinced there are people out there who just enjoy winding people up for the sake of it...perhaps I’m just getting old and havn’t adjusted to social media completely and the opportunity it provides for baiting and annoying.

O0

What I don't get is why anyone would even enter this thread if they didn't have any belief in that optimism or interest in propagating it, is it just to be contrary f*ckers or what? I mean, it strikes me that some people are just those bellend types who think that just because they're able do something it's then their right to do it, whether it's the right or wrong thing to do. The whole premise of this thread is easy enough, post in it if you've got something positive to say, otherwise use the other takeover thread... pretty sure the clue's in the thread title to be honest, some of us don't want to see a bunch of whinge-arsing w*nkers trying to bring everyone else down with their attempts at trying to win the prize for the best doom-mongering, miserable c*nt award. I don't come in here to read a load of negative b*llocks and people giving reasons why the takeover won't happen, I come in here to see if there's a glimmer of hope still, however slim.