Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

The Reubens don't need any partners but I wish they really wanted to throw it all behind a football club (and it was us) because we'd have been bought and been without Bruce and all of this mess for a very long time. but it's clear as day they don't have the desire to be an outright owner of a football club.

Amanda Stavley has lost her case against Barclays

Oh dear

Excellent she can concentrate on the takeover now. Full steam ahead !!

:lol: :lol:

What you laughing for? She's going to be like a scorned Batman villain, bitter at her lot in life and ready to avenge the world with her evil financiers.

The Reubens don't need any partners but I wish they really wanted to throw it all behind a football club (and it was us) because we'd have been bought and been without Bruce and all of this mess for a very long time. but it's clear as day they don't have the desire to be an outright owner of a football club.

I get the impression Jamie would be game for it, but obviously he’s not holding the purse strings.

So a geriatric narcaleptic writes a report and half the forum are queuing up on the Tyne bridge? As far as I'm aware all the legal avenues are still being pursued and no one has pulled out or downed tools yet. Its not like this place to be melodramatically reactive.

:lol: this is quite the take. That "geriatric narcaleptic" as you put it, it is the most powerful man in the free world.

I've always loved when you two quote each other :lol:

Oh dear

What you laughing for? She's going to be like a scorned Batman villain, bitter at her lot in life and ready to avenge the world with her evil financiers.

Bitter at her lot in life?

She was brought up in a stately home, privately educated, got given a place at one of the best universities, was given money to set up her own businesses when she was still a teenager, dated a prince, has multiple homes including a £10m home in the centre of London and one in Dubai, and has Middle Eastern princes as close friends.

Hardly from Meadow Well is she?

Oh dear

Bitter at her lot in life?

She was brought up in a stately home, privately educated, got given a place at one of the best universities, was given money to set up her own businesses when she was still a teenager, dated a prince, has multiple homes including a £10m home in the centre of London and one in Dubai, and has Middle Eastern princes as close friends.

Hardly from Meadow Well is she?

Never seen Joker have you?

I get the impression Jamie would be game for it, but obviously he’s not holding the purse strings.

I know the Reuben family is investing a ton of money in real estate around the world right now and what I'm not exactly sure of is if Jamie is a RB rep for the consortium or if he's doing it alone.

There's lots of reasons why.

Ok, go.....

As an actual investment itself - growing the club commercially to increase the value of your investment.

Cultural reasons - having a high profile club in a high profile league encourages sporting endeavour in the region

Sportswashing - pretty apparent reasoning

Vanity project

Increasing the profile of the country itself on a worldwide stage

Anchor point for investment in the city itself

To name a few.

Ok, go.....

As an actual investment itself - growing the club commercially to increase the value of your investment.

Cultural reasons - having a high profile club in a high profile league encourages sporting endeavour in the region

Vanity project

To name a few.

Ok, so where in your opinion does AS fit into that? The first I assume?

Desire? It's the ability to buy the club is what counts. f***. Even I have the desire to buy Newcastle United Football Club.

And we must have Steve Bruce heading the takeover deal since we need to break off for a match tomorrow. Sorry Keith. That is utter bollocks. Things can get done even if a fucking match is on. Heck, Ashley even brought out Keegan during a match!

Ok, go.....

Vanity project

To name a few.

Ok, so where in your opinion does AS fit into that? The first I assume?

Probably yeh, and I'm sure there'll be other less obvious reasons too.

s'pose...........the only thing that's really changed is that our potential new majority owner has been accused of murder by the most powerful country in the world with irrefutable evidence, another 3rd of the potential ownership is now skint and the last third have no interest whatsoever in owning a shell of a football club.

Bang on Keith lad, to coin that famous old terrace song ‘we shall not be moved’

It will be very difficult for some on here to understand that nothing (relevant) has changed and that the Takeover WILL STILL HAPPEN !!!

Hopefully none on here Manorpark.........but they’re going ballistic in the other thread.....best skip reading the takeover thread for a while to avoid high blood pressure😀