Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Hello positivity my old friend, it’s almost as if she’s talking about us in this article. Difficult times but keep the faith lads, relegation or not we’ll be rid of Ashley soon.

There’s no doubt in my mind she’s referring to us. I read that as, she’s reinforcing the reasons why they (PIF) want to buy the club, possibly hoping those involved read this and use it as a reminder to get things moving again.

Funny little article by Carla. Can be summarised as: KSA buying Newcastle would be mint for everyone. I wonder what the purpose of writing it was? I can't imagine the Grand Arbitrators are subscribed to arabnews.com. Can we not get her on the telly with Pierced Organ doing a 'Richard Masters is taking food out of kids' mouths' type of angle?

Has all the positivity in this thread died?

Certainly not, but no point babbling on about it every day at this point. Unless something breaks in Middle East to trigger a settlement, it’s all on arbitration which no one is going to have any inside info on.

Certainly not, but no point babbling on about it every day at this point. Unless something breaks in Middle East to trigger a settlement, it’s all on arbitration which no one is going to have any inside info on.

That's certainly a different direction that you're taking Whitley mag[/member]. Even manorpark[/member] and that Keith bloke from NCSL gone quiet too. Same with Kennedy and the bread loving lawyer.

That's certainly a different direction that you're taking Whitley mag[/member]. Even manorpark[/member] and that Keith bloke from NCSL gone quiet too. Same with Kennedy and the bread loving lawyer.

Not really I’m very zen like at the minute regarding this. I think it’ll get done if we stay up and if we go down the consortium will still want to do deal. It then becomes a matter of whether you believe Ashley will reduce his price, I personally think a structured deal would still happen in that instance.

Ashley has sold the club in his mind and we’re effectively a ghost ship at the moment. He’s on very good terms with the bidders and providing we get approval they will all come together to get the deal done, as it’s in everyone’s best interests.

Structured deal as I mentioned earlier. Obviously staying up is more straight forward, but I think there’d be a will on all sides to find a solution if approval is given. Ashley has left the building this is not like previous times.

50 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

More often than not there is a sensible commercial settlement. What can be more sensible than creating jobs, investment and bringing unbridled joy to thousands.

Slightly more interesting than the “will he’, “won’t he” resign feeds

8 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Slightly more interesting than the “will he’, “won’t he” resign feeds

Absolutely, more chance of this being approved before Brucey getting sacked.

Edited by Whitley mag

Even though this article is a depressing read, it highlights how our finances will be far more perilous compared to previous relegations. This will all play towards Ashley accepting a structured deal, it will take an even bigger loan to keep us afloat this time, with no guarantee of promotion. Add in his new found Middle East business interests (which require certain contacts), it’s the perfect storm for him to sell up.