Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

They have long been rumoured to be interested in buying a collection of clubs.

The Inter interest is also rumoured to be a minority stake, not a major stake.

Inter suddenly becoming available would make anyone wanting to get involved in football sit up and take notice.

If they bought us and Inter they suddenly have 2 massive clubs in England and Italy. No doubt despite not having any shares in OM they would be keen to link up their owners as well.

‘They are actively looking elsewhere’ doesn’t sound at all positive

‘ Told this doesn't end their interest in #NUFC’...Sounds positive to me😀

True but actively looking suggests if they see a better fit they’ll go for it. Here’s hoping Newcastle would be their main buy

True but actively looking suggests if they see a better fit they’ll go for it. Here’s hoping Newcastle would be their main buy

As Stifleaay suggests, they may be looking at Inter, not as a replacement to us, but as an addition....time will tell I suppose.

Even if the Saudis do eventually end their interest, Staveley and/or the Reubens won't, and even if they did, the door to NUFC is clearly very much ajar. Why we need a resolution to this situation either way as soon as possible. Anyone will do.

As I have said they have been rumoured to want a collection of clubs.

Initially thoughts immediately went along the lines of the City group where Man City are the anchor club and pretty much everyone else is a smaller club and most would adopt City’s colours, name, and branding.

A ‘United football group’ may not go down that route. It may well be that they buy us, then buy a stake (minority/majority) in Inter, then a German club, MLS (if relations with Biden improve) etc all who have their own identity and all of whom have their own existing brand/fan base.

Maybe the idea is have something where NUFC, Inter, PSV, Olympiacos all have a summer tournament in Saudi Arabia with them being Saudi clubs, either wholly or partly, or they go over and play Columbus Crew who are another Saudi owned club.

Initially thoughts immediately went along the lines of the City group where Man City are the anchor club and pretty much everyone else is a smaller club and most would adopt City’s colours, name, and branding.

A ‘United football group’ may not go down that route. It may well be that they buy us, then buy a stake (minority/majority) in Inter, then a German club, MLS (if relations with Biden improve) etc all who have their own identity and all of whom have their own existing brand/fan base.

Maybe the idea is have something where NUFC, Inter, PSV, Olympiacos all have a summer tournament in Saudi Arabia with them being Saudi clubs, either wholly or partly, or they go over and play Columbus Crew who are another Saudi owned club.

How does that work when it comes to European competition?

There are owners who own multiple clubs or have shares of multiple clubs in anyway.

There are owners who own multiple clubs or have shares of multiple clubs in anyway.

Moved my reply to the other thread to avoid upset.

They’re not buying Inter outright, this looks more the equivalent of the Chinese govt taking a minority stake in City. Very much an investment to turn over a tidy profit, though due to Serie A’s recent past and Covid I’m not sure the numbers will stack up for PIF in the end.

Another none story with Bein Jacobs putting forward just about every possible angle.

This from Tony Evans

‘The takeover could be done very quickly. All the preparation work that takes time before a transaction was completed last year. A price renegotiation would need to take place if the unthinkable happened and Newcastle went down, but the figures are straightforward and that would not take long’.

And this from Liam Kennedy are the most important lines from today.

‘The Gazette understands the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia have given their word to the consortium, also made up of the Reuben Brothers and PCP Capital Partners, they will return to the Newcastle United takeover process when a path to the deal is cleared. There are also understood to be other confidential financial guarantees between the three parties involved in the United deal’.

Wonder what the "financial guarantees" are?

Who knows but I think we’ll see how determined and committed to getting this deal done, all 3 members of the consortium we’re once this is approved. It’ll be a great story to hear and the scenes in town will be something to behold if bars are open.

If certain people are correct and arbitration does begin this month, the pathway to completion might not be to far away. HWTFL

I hope its true, however Kennedy is very good mates with Keith and that's his main source

Kennedy has said in the past that Keith has told him things, but because he couldn’t check that it was factual he didn’t report on it. So despite him being Keith’s mate, I get the impression he isn’t the only source he has.

I hope its true, however Kennedy is very good mates with Keith and that's his main source

Kennedy has said in the past that Keith has told him things, but because he couldn’t check that it was factual he didn’t report on it. So despite him being Keith’s mate, I get the impression he isn’t the only source he has.

This ^

It’s not as if writing a published article in a newspaper is like posting on a forum. The information has to be credible to the point where zero liability can be attributed to the publisher or organization.

Despite what some people think of Keith, I still think he's a reliable source. He's never made a concrete statement that was verifiable bollocks and pretty much everything he's said lines up with what Caulkin and Jacobs have been saying, other than his odd little spat with the former. Keith is super optimistic, which isn't to everyone's taste, but everything he says is pretty much prefaced with "I expect" or "hopefully", so you'd be a fool to take his predictions as gospel anyway. I doubt he's on the blower to Amanda every day but I think he does get titbits of info that the rest of us aren't privy to.

If the takeover doesn't happen his current image as that weird twitter bloke with "liftin' patter" will be preserved. If it all goes through though, everyone will look back with fondness and he'll be remembered as plucky Keith Pattison, the man who distracted Richard Masters while Nick De Marco hoofed him in the bollocks.

He speaks to PIF.

This ^

It’s not as if writing a published article in a newspaper is like posting on a forum. The information has to be credible to the point where zero liability can be attributed to the publisher or organization.

Absolute bollocks. Have you ever read The Sun? :lol:

Haven't been following this at all and forgive me if this has been covered to death.. but if we get relegated and PIF attempts purchase the club again, it should be easier and less red tape than previously?  Have I understood that right or not?

Haven't been following this at all and forgive me if this has been covered to death.. but if we get relegated and PIF attempts purchase the club again, it should be easier and less red tape than previously?  Have I understood that right or not?

Kennedy said the other week that it would be exactly the same in terms of how strict the test would be.