Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I’ve been particularly positive up until last month or so actually. Look back at my posts. As I’ve said without wanting to be repetitive. I’m currently at 50-50. I’m not negative about the takeover at this moment in time other than the threat of relegation. I’m not just going to say it’s on with nothing to back that up but aye who’s next to pile on :lol:

Apologies if my realistic outlook annoys people :)

I’ve been particularly positive up until last month or so actually. Look back at my posts. As I’ve said without wanting to be repetitive. I’m currently at 50-50. I’m not negative about the takeover at this moment in time other than the threat of relegation. I’m not just going to say it’s on with nothing to back that up but aye who’s next to pile on :lol:

Sick of hearing you say this like, you're getting a bit repetitive

I pretty much said I was being repetitive in the post. That’s just shite patter mate. Do better

I will just take your word for it, there is no way I’m going to look back at your posts, I want to feel positive 😄

Me too. I’m desperate for this takeover. I admit I change my mind about the takeover constantly but that’s because we hear different things over the months

Apologies if my realistic outlook annoys people :)

That's fine, but then there's no need to come and post what you deem as a 'realistic outlook' in this thread either if all you have is negativity. Literally zero point for you to even be in here reading the posts unless you feel in some way compelled to wind people up for the sake of it. Nobody wants you explaining why you think the positivity is wrong or anything else for that matter, if you don't agree with the thread or the people posting in it just don't go in the thread, it's really quite simple.

I pretty much said I was being repetitive in the post. That’s just shite patter mate. Do better

I know, I was being sarcastic, get a sense of humour

It's all good. It's the constant flip-flopping I can't stand (understandable).

Let's try and stay level headed.

We're all NUFC supporters here. We're in this shit together.

:thup:

Guest reefatoon

GDM throws massive KI vibes off. The incessant arguing when it’s just not needed and easier to just not go into a thread if what he is reading pisses him off so much. The way he just keeps going on and on and on moaning about the same people/posts. I’ve missed you KI, you could argue with your shadow for being in your way.

GDM throws massive KI vibes off. The incessant arguing when it’s just not needed and easier to just not go into a thread if what he is reading pisses him off so much. The way he just keeps going on and on and on moaning about the same people/posts. I’ve missed you KI, you could argue with your shadow for being in your way.

:lol:

as I said I love an argument/discussion :lol: I’ll try bite my tongue so to speak

I’m not bashing anyone for being optimistic, we need some hope to cling on to, otherwise it’s utterly depressing but can any of you hopefuls tell me how on earth the club are going to make a better case that the KSA are not in control of PIF than what the PL have submitted to show why they think they are?

I’m just not sure how they can prove the separation of Ksa and pif or provide any type of assurances that would give comfort to the PL.

Other than that, I’m hopeful something can be reached. My overall optimism is pretty low though, and I’ve always been part of team “it’s going to happen”.

I’m not bashing anyone for being optimistic, we need some hope to cling on to, otherwise it’s utterly depressing but can any of you hopefuls tell me how on earth the club are going to make a better case that the KSA are not in control of PIF than what the PL have submitted to show why they think they are?

Not a legal expert but I have complete faith in Shaheed Fatima on this score. What may look very straight forward to lay men like ourselves, could be far more complex when Saudi law is applied, which I’m led to believe the PL did not seek external advice on.

That’s my simplistic optimistic take on the matter.

I’m just not sure how they can prove the separation of Ksa and pif or provide any type of assurances that would give comfort to the PL.

Other than that, I’m hopeful something can be reached. My overall optimism is pretty low though, and I’ve always been part of team “it’s going to happen”.

Doesn't it all hinge on that separation now though? Piracy is only an issue because of KSA, if separation is proven then piracy goes away.

If the piracy situation is resolved, then it still needs MBS etc to submit to the O&D tests which they refuse to do.

Doesn't it all hinge on that separation now though? Piracy is only an issue because of KSA, if separation is proven then piracy goes away.

If the piracy situation is resolved, then it still needs MBS etc to submit to the O&D tests which they refuse to do.

Practicing US lawyer, B-more mag, said no, it doesn't hinge on that. Go back to the takeover thread and check out his commentary on the legal patter.

It's all over my head to be honest. Thinking up names to call Steve Bruce is more my level.

A small sign but still a sign that PIF are still here waiting.

The legal update last week indicated that they were still at the table too. That’s the part I’m not doubting, it’s the rest that I can’t see any other way around. But that’s also why I’m not a high paid sports law professional. We lose the case and I suspect it’ll be all off at that stage, either way I’m sure we’ll know within 2/3 months

A small sign but still a sign that PIF are still here waiting.

The legal update last week indicated that they were still at the table too. That’s the part I’m not doubting, it’s the rest that I can’t see any other way around. But that’s also why I’m not a high paid sports law professional. We lose the case and I suspect it’ll be all off at that stage, either way I’m sure we’ll know within 2/3 months

As I’ve said previously to laymen like us it seems impossible to separate PIF and KSA, however I just believe in the legal sense it’s far more complex than it appears. The football law article is an example of how it may not be so simple and straightforward. The good news is we have a heavyweight legal team, who I would imagine have this argument well rehearsed by this point.