Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Probably the wrong thread for it, but I must admit, after being excited by the takeover initially, I’m now firmly in the camp where I’d much prefer alternative buyers to come in. There’s just too many moral issues for me to ever feel fully comfortable with it.

There aren't any alternative buyers so what you should really be saying is you are in the camp which would prefer to stick with Ashley. That would be the most honest moral stance IMO.

From De Marco

"Despite appearances I can tell you I rarely encourage my clients to go to court or arbitration.

"I usually tell them it's very risky, it's very costly, it takes a lot of time, however strong you think your case is things can go wrong and if there is a way of dealing with it commercially or by a deal with the regulator in some way - which there can be before charges are brought - you should explore that.

"It's a much better use of your time or resources than paying lawyers and often that is the case. Often we are able to do deals.

"That's usually my advice to clients. It's usually only when it's impossible that you have to go through and fight."

Whats he talking about here?

That is positive.

Just a shame that we look nailed on for relegation, which will be what details this permanently. Bruce should never be allowed in a bar in the city again if so.

Fulham look toothless and have some hard fixtures coming up. Still convinced we stay up but time will tell.

That is positive.

Just a shame that we look nailed on for relegation, which will be what details this permanently. Bruce should never be allowed in a bar in the city again if so.

Fulham look toothless and have some hard fixtures coming up. Still convinced we stay up but time will tell.

Hope you’re right mate.

That is positive.

They look better than us. We’re also toothless by the way.

That is positive.

They look better than us. We’re also toothless by the way.

We won’t be when Wilson comes back providing he stays fit. We need good news on the injury front tomorrow though, if ASM and Almiron’s season are over I’ll be thinking differently.

I think the people saying Fulham look better than us haven’t actually been watching us recently, when we have our best 11 playing we’re better than Fulham.

That's true. Though I'm guilty myself too of plotting our survival or otherwise on Bruce's form over the course of the season rather than the upturn in performances since Jones arrival. If you take the pre-Jones out of it people would feel a lot better. Much like Bruce's horrible performances were going to catch up with him and did, that doesn't appear to be what we'd be bringing to the table during the upcoming winnable games.

That said without a takeover, couldn't care less if we didn't survive.

I think the people saying Fulham look better than us haven’t actually been watching us recently, when we have our best 11 playing we’re better than Fulham.

But we may have a run of matches without Wilson, ASM, and Almiron. During some of our “easier” matches too.  :'(

But we may have a run of matches without Wilson, ASM, and Almiron. During some of our “easier” matches too.  :'(

If we had 2 out of the 3 fit for the upcoming run I think we'd be almost safe at the other side. Without any of them, I don't have a clue  :lol:

Not sure that's the problem mate, it'll help but Bruce. He really is so inept, he's a massive downer for us no matter how much better than anyone else down there we are.

Not sure that's the problem mate, it'll help but Bruce. He really is so inept, he's a massive downer for us no matter how much better than anyone else down there we are.

Yup we can be playing really well and Bruce will still fuck it up with his substitutions

Yup we can be playing really well and Bruce will still fuck it up with his substitutions

What on earth are these comments doing in this thread?  It's fuckin crazy in here sometimes.

This is from Nick De Marco’s interview with Kieran McGuire that is re hashed In the Chronicle today. It tells you exactly where we are at the minute in my opinion. The arbitration hearing has not yet begun and we’re clearly in the negotiating phase. I believe De Marco sees a road map to do a deal with the PL and he will be absolutely aligned with their thinking and what is required to get it done. Obviously during arbitration and even afterwards they can come to an agreement, but broadly speaking this is a good insight of the main mans thinking.

And no that’s not Ryan Maine before anyone asks.

From De Marco

"Despite appearances I can tell you I rarely encourage my clients to go to court or arbitration.

"I usually tell them it's very risky, it's very costly, it takes a lot of time, however strong you think your case is things can go wrong and if there is a way of dealing with it commercially or by a deal with the regulator in some way - which there can be before charges are brought - you should explore that.

"It's a much better use of your time or resources than paying lawyers and often that is the case. Often we are able to do deals.

"That's usually my advice to clients. It's usually only when it's impossible that you have to go through and fight."

That reads like he doesnt have a lot of confidence in it going through if it does go to arbitration.

That's the way it reads to me as well. As I wrote a few pages back, I don't think the deal is really in Nick De Marco's nice safe whole grain hands.

Arbitration hasn't started yet because we might lose - probably because it's bloody obvious, and has always been obvious, that PIF and KSA are the same thing. Fortunately, I don't believe the PL could give a mackem's gooch about separation, Kashoggi or anything related to morality. They care about money. The takeover is riding on Saudi-Qatar relations and solving the piracy issue.

He's talking generally about the way he sees sports cases not about the NUFC case.  So no I don't see it saying anything other than his priority on negotiating to try to sort things out before trial if possible.

What on earth are these comments doing in this thread?  It's fuckin crazy in here sometimes.

Apologises, didn't realise what one I was in  :lol:

I was just replying to a comment I read. Genuinely didn’t register what thread it was. Relax :lol:

Interesting take from Keith here re legal action going past March.

:lol: So interesting  :lol:

In the summer he’ll state he never said which March.

You can mock but time will tell my friend.

Are you Keith.

A hope that can last an eternity.

Are you Keith.

I think we’ve been here before  :lol:

I'm sure you can appreciate the cynicism though.

We defeinitely heard from somehere that February was going to be an important month (or words to that affect).