Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I will be entirely honest; while I'm still 100% prepared for yet another disappointment, I can't wait for that knacker to disappear from the club first and foremost - but I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by the prospect of being able to compete at a serious level again

Guest Carrick18

The Mighty Lee speaks..

That sentence is a doozy. 'Potentially as much as around £200million.'

Guest reefatoon

You know this is happening when even the grim Ryder is saying positive things. Party time in here next week!

Guest reefatoon

I'm other way around to be fair, Ryder saying it's on means another 10 years of Ashley  :undecided:

:lol: ready the gifs, even window licker can’t spoil this party.

I'm other way around to be fair, Ryder saying it's on means another 10 years of Ashley  :undecided:

:lol: ready the gifs, even window licker can’t spoil this party.

I don't want to tempt fate and ask why I can't post them

Couldn’t resist putting this in here, even though it’s in the Other thread....from .com, and they’ve barely mentioned it at all in the past 5 weeks, so perhaps they’ve had some info that we’re not privy to...anyway see below:-

Takeover:

Last lap

We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend.

That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season.

Apparently this is a tweet from PIF Saudi which went up then was deleted almost immediately.Its about recent global acquisitions and has a picture of the statue of Sir Bobby.Someone on twitter thinks it is a premade tweet ready to go up about acquisitions and was supposed to be scheduled to go up but went live by mistake,hence it was taken down quickly....could mean an announcement soon....Really scraping the barrel here.

https://i.gyazo.com/46c4ed36e3b7d13bd0aed268228b6581.png

Apparently this is a tweet from PIF Saudi which went up then was deleted almost immediately.Its about recent global acquisitions and has a picture of the statue of Sir Bobby.Someone on twitter thinks it is a premade tweet ready to go up about acquisitions and was supposed to be scheduled to go up but went live by mistake,hence it was taken down quickly....could mean an announcement soon....Really scraping the barrel here.

I’ve got PIF tweet alerts set up and would have got an alert even if it was deleted. didn’t get one so that’s probably nonsense

I’ve got PIF tweet alerts set up and would have got an alert even if it was deleted. didn’t get one so that’s probably nonsense

Of course it’s probably nonsense....but you never know....hence I put it in this thread...if nothing else you can smirk at the triviality of it.

Guest reefatoon

It was also at Idols prior to a game (bit of Elvis Broon and also strippers)  Man those were the days. £1 a bottle too.

It was also at Idols prior to a game (bit of Elvis Broon and also strippers)  Man those were the days. £1 a bottle too.

i remember seeing Elvis Broon sing it pre match in Idols and MadMick would play that video most weeks.

Guest reefatoon

Looking in here for inspiration after the Guardian shite yesterday. Need some good old positivity flowing.

Ok, it’s only the chronicle but any positive vibes is welcome

“Newcastle takeover news LIVE: Confidence remains high of progress

Amanda Staveley, the Reuben brothers and the Saudi Public Investment Fund close in on deal that would see Mike Ashley's time at NUFC come to an end”

Did the guardian article itself say the deal is still expected to go through this week?

Yes...

"The Premier League refused to comment when contacted by the Guardian. Sources close to the deal continue to maintain they remain “very hopeful” of a confirmation this week and claim Project Restart is the only possible delaying factor."

Grabbed this from reddit...absolutely love the idea of “Grandad” being the first to find out that Charnley has left :lol:

Here’s to Grandad :spit:

“Okay, so I know how this is going to sound, but here goes.

My Grandad works as a steward at St. James', been working there longer than I've been alive. That should sort out credibility.

He drove to mine to drop off birthday cards for my sister and said Charnley's office has been emptied.

I asked if I could quote him on that, he shrugged and said, "furlough," so... #cans?!

edit: Grandad is furloughed, doesn't give a shit.”

Grabbed this from reddit...absolutely love the idea of “Grandad” being the first to find out that Charnley has left :lol:

My Grandad works as a steward at St. James', been working there longer than I've been alive. That should sort out credibility.

He drove to mine to drop off birthday cards for my sister and said Charnley's office has been emptied.

I asked if I could quote him on that, he shrugged and said, "furlough," so... #cans?!

edit: Grandad is furloughed, doesn't give a shit.”

If you saw Jinky Jim play your grandad must be a canny age :lol: :lol:

edit: Grandad is furloughed, doesn't give a s***.”

I'm 67 and saw Jimmy Smith play and I also saw him in the Cavendish night club on a regular basis

I'm 67 and saw Jimmy Smith play and I also saw him in the Cavendish night club on a regular basis

His nutmeg was legendary

I’m 69, loved watching Jinky play. The old Cavendish, I had some canny nights in there😀