Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I've been following for 13 years, started a few months after Ashley took over. :lol:

My first game was notably brilliant, though. 2-1 win against Arsenal two springs ago. Couldn't have gone better.

I've been following for 13 years, started a few months after Ashley took over. :lol:

My first game was notably brilliant, though. 2-1 win against Arsenal two springs ago. Couldn't have gone better.

That's sad that you never experienced the real highs before Ashley :( I feel bad for any Newcastle fan who didn't experience the entertainers years first hand. That was literally magical.

Translated if interested:-

EXCLUDED - Mercato: Pochettino very close to Newcastle!

Posted on May 6, 2020 at 7:31 p.m. by Alexis Bernard

Priority target for the coaching position, Mauricio Pochettino would now be very close to the Newcastle bench!

The Newcastle shortlist has been refined in recent days for the position of coach. And the names of Rafaël Benitez and Mauricio Pochettino were clearly the most advanced so far. Two profiles that appeal to English leaders and possible future new investors of the club (Saudi funds, with colossal means). According to our sources, a dossier is clearly gaining momentum and that is that of Mauricio Pochettino !

More than ever in pole position

Free since leaving Tottenham , Mauricio Pochettino is Newcastle's priority for the position of coach. And according to the various sources that we have requested, the Argentinian technician would be very close to becoming the next Magpies coach. Negotiations are said to be at a very advanced stage, and unless the situation turns around, on both sides, Pochettino could resume service in the north of England.

This signature would clearly symbolize Newcastle's new ambition. As revealed by le10sport.com, an XXL project is taking shape for the club of Allan Saint-Maximin . Recently, a contract proposal was sent to Kalidou Koulibaly, the Naples defender, with a salary of 12 million euros per season . A colossal amount which lets glimpse pretty crazy perspectives in a context of Covid-19 which plummets the morale of many clubs.

Was it around now that his contract regarding Spurs gardening leave finished?

Believe i read it was about 25th May...after that there is no compensation payable to Spurs

31st of may according to SSN, appoint him before then and whoever does owes sours £12.5 million

Used to go into the West Stand for reserve matches, never a clock until scoreboard (Gallowgate) had electronic one but even that wasn't always working.

For some reason I remember a clock in the west stand. Looking at the old photos it was just like a hump press box area on the roof of the stand? 

Guy posting this on Twitter from SA states NUFC matches were never shown until the past week where we've been on 4 out 5 nights. Not sure about other teams.

One queation. Are these games shown by the Saudi channel, readily and easily available to watch anywhere else? I mean those friendlies. The Alan Smith bullet header match, the Juventus games, think a Celtic game too was it? Some are pretty rare and random games that would only be owned by the club perhaps? Can't imagine they have kept it in their locker all this while..unless......THEY ARE STEALING FROM US! RICHARD KEYS was right! I couldn't give a f*** if they want to steal from something they will own later.

Used to go into the West Stand for reserve matches, never a clock until scoreboard (Gallowgate) had electronic one but even that wasn't always working.

For some reason I remember a clock in the west stand. Looking at the old photos it was just like a hump press box area on the roof of the stand? 

Can't place a clock in the West Stand, back in the days before the Milburn was built. Yes, there was the 'hump' press box, but no clock, and it certainly was never referred to as the 'Clock Stand', that was at Roker Park.