Jump to content

Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Fully expect Ashley to have a skin full with Lambias then drive past Masters house with both of them full mooning.

Designated Drive Charnley hyper ventilating in the front saying "we are going to get arrested, we're going to get arrested, breath Lee, breath."

Would love to know if Charnley was actually shitting himself when the HRMC case was ongoing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Fully expect Ashley to have a skin full with Lambias then drive past Masters house with both of them full mooning.

Designated Drive Charnley hyper ventilating in the front saying "we are going to get arrested, we're going to get arrested, breath Lee, breath."

:lol: love this. “Telt ya we shoulda left him at home, Derek”

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Would love to know if Charnley was actually shitting himself when the HRMC case was ongoing. 

Disappointed we never saw a driveway photo of him in his Dr. Who themed PJ’s and Big Foot slippers shackled at the arms and legs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You've got to spend money to make money. Speculate to accumulate. 

 

Invest in the best. 

Does a struggling high street tradesman suddenly start turning up on a bicycle? Nah, he turns up with a new QC. Perception.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Does a struggling high street tradesman suddenly start turning up on a bicycle? Nah, he turns up with a new QC. Perception.

It doesn't mean I have to do my own filing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You've got to spend money to make money. Speculate to accumulate. 

 

Invest in the best. 

If only that was his club motto

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the consortium are fronting the legal costs. Maybe the deposit that’s in escrow is being used. It’s not like they haven’t been in direct contact.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

Preach @Ando7, preach!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

But we can never be certain that there is any actual evidence that would make them squirm the way we all want. That’s the main issue with being positive, we don’t really know anything other than what the selling side has been saying. For all we know, the PL has followed the rules to the letter and they are not worried.

I still believe the takeover can happen because I just find it farcical that it has been stopped based on a technicality of shadow influence / control.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

Ando7 is back!!!

If he's confident, I'm confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

But we can never be certain that there is any actual evidence that would make them squirm the way we all want. That’s the main issue with being positive, we don’t really know anything other than what the selling side has been saying. For all we know, the PL has followed the rules to the letter and they are not worried.

I still believe the takeover can happen because I just find it farcical that it has been stopped based on a technicality of shadow influence / control.

There's reports that Hoffman was aware of Project Big 6 and communicated his approval of those plans. If Project Big 6, isn't defined as anti-competitive, then I don't know what it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

But we can never be certain that there is any actual evidence that would make them squirm the way we all want. That’s the main issue with being positive, we don’t really know anything other than what the selling side has been saying. For all we know, the PL has followed the rules to the letter and they are not worried.

I still believe the takeover can happen because I just find it farcical that it has been stopped based on a technicality of shadow influence / control.

The QC Robert O’Donoghue has seen the evidence and believes we’d be in Saudi ownership now if club had gone down the anti competition route last year. This is before disclosure and what that may find. I think the club must now be convinced it’s a goer especially after the ESL further exposed the cartel in operation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The QC Robert O’Donoghue has seen the evidence and believes we’d be in Saudi ownership now if club had gone down the anti competition route last year. This is before disclosure and what that may find. I think the club must now be convinced it’s a goer especially after the ESL further exposed the cartel in operation.

 

Would it be cyncial to ask why the world's best football lawyer didn't see this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So, back to another few months?

Apparently 6-8 weeks if it's expedited, about 3 months if it isn't, but if the PL were to settle that could happen at any time. That's most likely to happen at the disclosure stage, which is half way through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

 

Would it be cyncial to ask why the world's best football lawyer didn't see this?

I think NDM’s interview a while back said it all, no matter how strong you think your case is arbitration can go against you. Did they think there’d be a settlement by now, I think there exploring all options before pressing the button on arbitration. I would imagine NDM is fully in the loop and it’s all part of the game plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this even happen tho? Do the Premier league go the full hog and go to court or if its a face saving exercise do they say they are happy with the separation issue now and wave it through. 

I still can't believe the likes of Burnley can be taken over using dodgy loans and we are still at this stage.  Masters and Hoffman must have a lot of on their plate just now and this must have come like a punch in the face to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ben said:

How does this even happen tho? Do the Premier league go the full hog and go to court or if its a face saving exercise do they say they are happy with the separation issue now and wave it through. 

I still can't believe the likes of Burnley can be taken over using dodgy loans and we are still at this stage.  Masters and Hoffman must have a lot of on their plate just now and this must have come like a punch in the face to them.

Let’s hope it’s a knockout blow then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ben said:

How does this even happen tho? Do the Premier league go the full hog and go to court or if its a face saving exercise do they say they are happy with the separation issue now and wave it through. 

I still can't believe the likes of Burnley can be taken over using dodgy loans and we are still at this stage.  Masters and Hoffman must have a lot of on their plate just now and this must have come like a punch in the face to them.

They might not make that decision, it will almost certainly be the PL's legal insurers that will foot the bill and they will decide whether to fight or settle.

I've seen it where I work, we had a multi-million pound damages case against us and the insurers were the ones making the decisions, they even required us to bring in new policies in response to it after they had settled the case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a lose/lose for the Prem - if the they hold out and fight it they'll get bent over and nailed to oblivion. If they suddenly decide after all this time to just settle and accept it, waving the takeover through, they'll be seen as bricking it because they have something to hide. I just can't see how it can play out in their favour, unless the whole evidence thing is bluster and the Prem are actually cleaner than everyone seems to think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Yorkie changed the title to Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...