Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Excellent reading those tweets. I have to ask though, since I haven't really seen it answered anywhere, how and what do we get them to disclose? Why would they offer up incriminating emails? Do they get their computers checked off the nonce squad or something?

2 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Excellent reading those tweets. I have to ask though, since I haven't really seen it answered anywhere, how and what do we get them to disclose? Why would they offer up incriminating emails? Do they get their computers checked off the nonce squad or something?

@Shays Given Tim Flowershas posted that the PL could well refuse to disclose documents,  I’m unclear what would happen if they did refuse to disclose.

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Timeframe of weeks is good as the last thing we want is this dragging on into / affecting the preparation for next season. 

Well you’ve changed your tune. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

@Shays Given Tim Flowershas posted that the PL could well refuse to disclose documents,  I’m unclear what would happen if they did refuse to disclose.

I think (emphasis added) that the sanction is that the party who doesn’t disclose a document cannot rely on the document themselves. That’s what the civil procedure rules say. Think there are also potentially costs implications (meaning at the end of the case it can be relevant as to who pays what costs regardless of who wins the case). 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Well you’ve changed your tune. [emoji38]

Not really. I still don't believe the takeover is happening and don't want this latest episode dragging on and providing a distraction. 

Edited by Joey Linton

24 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

They either get the “ghosties” to go in and get them or they use a Royal Navy submarine to hack them. 

So the sanction of non-disclosure is that the party who doesn’t disclose can’t use the document. But it appears that if a party chooses not to disclose the trial Judge can draw inferences from that failure.

So if I say I need to see something and you refuse to provide it then;absent of any compelling reason, the trial judge may well think I have something to hide.  

24 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

don't want this latest episode dragging on and providing a distraction

From what exactly? You gearing up for round three of Bruceball already?

hWziKh.gif

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

This is excruciating. 

Feels like we're either a week away from a takeover or 2 fucking years. 

Exact timescales are unknown, but it is likely to be very short now.

The inevitable Premier League cave-in cannot be far off now. 

10 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

So the sanction of non-disclosure is that the party who doesn’t disclose can’t use the document. But it appears that if a party chooses not to disclose the trial Judge can draw inferences from that failure.

So if I say I need to see something and you refuse to provide it then;absent of any compelling reason, the trial judge may well think I have something to hide.  

“I would love to show you it your worships but the dog ate it”. 

Works in criminal cases. 

16 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Given the obscene wealth and power of all the players involved in this, I still can't help but think the legal process will be reduced to a mickey mouse front for a massive corrupt power grab. Surely, there's still going to be bribes and bungs and threats and fucking all sorts flying about here. I just can't see a clean and fair court case where everyone involved isn't being tapped up from every side like a swingers party at Alan Pardew's house.

Am I too cynical?

20 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Exact timescales are unknown, but it is likely to be very short now.

The inevitable Premier League cave-in cannot be far off now. 

The thing is, the PL have proved they're more than willing to drag things out, and caving in would essentially be an admission of guilt. 

It's totally unprecedented so whilst I am and have always been confident of a takeover, I'm not so certain that they'll roll over like is being assumed and yet I can't think of a single logical and feasible reason why they wouldn't as on the surface it seems so clear cut. 

I still don’t see how a group of Newcastle fans managed to get this supposed proof of corruption that is going to swing the takeover in our favour, whilst the worlds best sports lawyer didn’t get it ?

It’s not a criticism of the fans just I doubt the legitimacy.

1 hour ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

That’s if they’re requesting a specific document which is known to exist, right? I assume a fishing exercise of ‘show me all your emails from Daniel Levy’ wouldn’t stop a few going missing, if nobody knew about them?

Could Saudi companies, Saudi Airlines, Aramco etc do sponsorship deals with the club? It could certainly be a lucrative source of income for the club whilst all the litigation is proceeding allowing them to invest in the squad. Just a thought.

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

Apologies if this has has been asked before.....  So we have pretty daming evidence in our hands, why wasnt this used/handed over for use in arbitration process?  

Arbitration doesn’t have the teeth a tribunal has and can make legally binding decisions. The arbitration panel appears to have been stacked against the club.

1 minute ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Apologies if this has has been asked before.....  So we have pretty daming evidence in our hands, why wasnt this used/handed over for use in arbitration process?  

It's dirty tactics. That's the stage we're at. I think time is running out,, they want this sorted over the summer ready for next season so putting all their cards on the table.

32 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's dirty tactics. That's the stage we're at. I think time is running out,, they want this sorted over the summer ready for next season so putting all their cards on the table.

Yeah I agree, I think that Ashley and the buying side have put everything now into play to try and force the earliest possible conclusion. IMHO it's no coincidence that these moves are being made when the threat of relegation is no longer an issue, as this will have put everything into the air if we had of went down.

Edited by et tu brute

24 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I agree with this. It’s pretty much now or bust with this. If we’ve not changed hands in the next 2-3 months, this is never going to happen.

If it doesn’t happen, I don’t know if I can stomach another season of Bruce. Thankfully every match won’t be on TV anymore, but even those that are I might not watch.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah I agree, I think that Ashley and the buying side have put everything now into play to try and force the earliest possible conclusion. IMHO it's no coincidence that these moves are being made when the threat of relegation is no longer an issue, as this will have put everything into the sir if we had of went down.

Yup. Even the HMRC dismissal is another feather in the cap. Now we can say we're whiter than white (if you know what I mean - at least it can't be used against us)

They've blindsided the PL. This was just fan fantasy with minimal backing to which they could kick in to the long grass. Its now very real and with public interest heightened off the back of the failed ESL bid it becomes more than just a case of NUFC & Takeover Vs the PL, it's actually something that could potentially see the end of the current PL and its hierarchy if we have enough evidence of collusion to strangle competition. The government will have no choice but to step in. The ramifications are huge, just think of all bets put on in good faith to find out its nothing more than WWE.