Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Maybe this is what Liam Kennedy was on about when he said "significant legal movement" by the weekend.

Aye possibly it certainly seems that NCSL and Kennedy have confirmed at the very least that De Marco is working on the takeover in next 3 weeks.

So he’s just been making bread up to this point?

Possibly a bit of painting and doing his new apartment out aswell.

How the other half live eh 😂 “yes I’ll work on your 300m takeover but I need to perfect a stottie first, oh and my guest room needs wallpapering.. in fact I’ll give you a call in 3 months”

It seems di marco may not be there to directly force the takeover through, but to win the arbitration case for NUFC which will allow the consortium to resubmit the bid. That's what the telegraph said a few weeks back.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/19/saudi-led-consortium-intends-re-submit-bid-buy-newcastle-club/amp/

Love the fact he’s actually replying to our fans now. He certainly knows what he’s doing with these tweets, the bloke could be a hero.

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick mate, either turn off the radiator or turn it right down otherwise that Edwardian light fitting will get wasted by a red hot radiator.

Or you could just move the light....

Having said that, it probably doesn't get lower than 22 degrees in BrightonWinking facein the winter!

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

Good point! It’s off now as I’m not there but I shall move it when I go back

Love the fact he’s actually replying to our fans now. He certainly knows what he’s doing with these tweets, the bloke could be a hero.

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick mate, either turn off the radiator or turn it right down otherwise that Edwardian light fitting will get wasted by a red hot radiator.

Having said that, it probably doesn't get lower than 22 degrees in BrightonWinking facein the winter!

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

:'(  :'(  :'(

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

Less of that shite in this thread thank you.

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

I enjoy your positive posts WM but for fear of being a pedant twat, please could you learn to use the "Copy link to Tweet" option to make the Tweets easier to read :)

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

I enjoy your positive posts WM but for fear of being a pedant t***, please could you learn to use the "Copy link to Tweet" option to make the Tweets easier to read :)

Noted I previously used to but for some reason my phone has stopped working when copying tweets for some reason. I’ll try to sort it though 👍

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

I enjoy your positive posts WM but for fear of being a pedant t***, please could you learn to use the "Copy link to Tweet" option to make the Tweets easier to read :)

Noted I previously used to but for some reason my phone has stopped working when copying tweets for some reason. I’ll try to sort it though 👍

Sorry. Don't want to be an arse :lol:

Just keep posting your positive tweets :thup:

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

Less of that shite in this thread thank you.

Haha, I'm only taking the piss. I'm firmly in the optimist corner

Chris S Gem stone

@Chris9Stocker

3h

Nick De Marco QC

@nickdemarco_

Replying to

@Chris9Stocker

Why do our fans have to be so creepy

Thought I’d keep this one in here, if only for the boxing analogy it’s worth a read.

Ryan E Maine

@RyanMaine_

19 Nov

10-8 is locked on.  12th will be exciting.

Jonathan esland

@jonathanesland

·

29 Nov

So round 12 is upon us. History suggests don't expect anything more than a good fight as it's still not clear if the fighters will raise their gloves to signal last round. If we can get one clear winner it will be nice to draw a line under this boxing match one way or the other.

Marc Jones

@Marc_1892_

·

29 Nov

My concern is that this could be an unlimited-rounds bout and someone in the black & white corner might just throw in the towel before long, frustrated by the opponent holding and the absence of an adequate referee. Hope not.

Jonathan esland

@jonathanesland

·

7 Dec

when is that damn bell going to ring Bellhop bellThinking face

Ryan E Maine

@RyanMaine_

·

8 Dec

From what I've seen the Purple corner has started the 12th with a few good jabs, despite the earlier knockdowns, the black and white corner has a devastating uppercut but finding the range and delivering the KO blow is difficult, as the purple corner keeps on clinching.

Marc Jones

@Marc_1892_

8 Dec

Well, this doesn't sound overly positive Neutral face

Ryan E Maine

@RyanMaine_

Replying to

@Marc_1892_

and

@jonathanesland

It's better than it sounds, it can't all be smooth sailing unfortunately, but keep in mind if a fight ends without a KO it goes to the judges.

Don't expect that to happen, expect to hear an update in next couple of weeks, which should provide a more indicative tone.

Only one place for a tweet like this.

Oh Whitley.

I really like your optimism but we saw endless tweets of this nature much earlier in the year.

I'd argue that the "Twitter Bollocks" thread (or whatever it's called), would be a better home for it.

Law of averages says one of these Twitter comments may eventually be right.......I’m less likely to believe an nufc tweet “Harry here from Benwelll....just heard”....often thought a tweet from someone not connected to the club, may one day be spot on...on the other hand there’s plenty of wind up merchants out there.