Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Glad to see this thread bumped again, hopefully it brings us some good luck before xmas.

Just listened back to Liam Kennedy on Tuesdays podcast, he specifically stated “significant legal movement by this weekend”.

Now this must have related to NCSL so was definitely expecting some sort of update today. Could be a number of reasons nothings broke today, but think we’ll hear something from these lads in very near future.

Glad to see this thread bumped again, hopefully it brings us some good luck before xmas.

Just listened back to Liam Kennedy on Tuesdays podcast, he specifically stated “significant legal movement by this weekend”.

Now this must have related to NCSL so was definitely expecting some sort of update today. Could be a number of reasons nothings broke today, but think we’ll hear something from these lads in very near future.

I have little doubt that we would have heard a little something from Mimms this week if IMTTS hadn't been such a self satisfied dickhead.

I have little doubt that we would have heard a little something from Mimms this week if IMTTS hadn't been such a self satisfied dickhead.

Must admit I haven’t quite understood what’s gone on there, but agree it would be nice to get Mimms back on board. I think we all enjoy the itk stuff, and it’s a shame if one person has spoilt it for the rest of us.

I know this is the positive thread and I need to qualify that I still believe mimms has a credible source but I’m beginning to lose a bit of faith. Weeks and weeks ago it was “make room in your fridge” then it was “good news in a couple of weeks” and not to mention what all that cryptic nonsense about Bruce packing his bags was all about. None of which has come to fruition.

Gan on then...

I saw this earlier and did wonder if this might benefit the takeover...think it can't but help relations with Saudi and the PL, if Qatar now don't feel the need to try and stop the bid....wonder if TV rights may not now be as important a barrier.

They are never going to be friends. They might come to some sort of deal in order to look like they are playing nice, they will still be at it with their propaganda though. Qatar will still try everything to stop the takeover etc.

As this is the positive takeover thread, the biggest impact regarding Qatar would be the reinstatement of bein in Saudi Arabia.

I’m not saying that will happen, however it could potentially be a game changer in relation to takeover. By linking the state to pif the PL were clearly trying to bring the takeover down over piracy, this would remove that obstacle.

Guest reefatoon

I know this is the positive thread and I need to qualify that I still believe mimms has a credible source but I’m beginning to lose a bit of faith. Weeks and weeks ago it was “make room in your fridge” then it was “good news in a couple of weeks” and not to mention what all that cryptic nonsense about Bruce packing his bags was all about. None of which has come to fruition.

The fuck out of here you dour cunt, take your misery into the other thread.  ;)

Are we solving World Peace ? :lol:

'Israel and Palestine have agreed to a mutually acceptable two state solution and pledged an end to the violence and animosity following the NUFC takeover.  The joint flag of the new union is proposed to be black and white stripes behind a stylised Greggs pastie.  In other news, Iraq and Iran have set aside their differences and agreed to join together as one nation known as 'Magland'.  Next up, the Americans are still cunts.'

Gan on then...

I saw this earlier and did wonder if this might benefit the takeover...think it can't but help relations with Saudi and the PL, if Qatar now don't feel the need to try and stop the bid....wonder if TV rights may not now be as important a barrier.

They are never going to be friends. They might come to some sort of deal in order to look like they are playing nice, they will still be at it with their propaganda though. Qatar will still try everything to stop the takeover etc.

You are in wrong thread to be pessimism. Also you have no clue how things work in that part of the world. Once peace achieved Qatar will be the one who wants Saudis on board. 

Ignore the first part of this article as clearly Bentalab coming back could only be considered as not positive. However, on the theme of Middle East relations, takeover observers are apparently watching developments. In returning for stopping the blockade of Qatar, let’s hope the piracy argument can be buried and take that out the equation.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-former-player-offered-back-19403503

Liam Kennedy in reply to De Marco’s tweet.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

"The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus..."

f*** does that mean

I interpret that as De Marco is now about to put all the evidence together and present it. I suspect either arbitration date has been set, or it’s at least sit down with the PL time to thrash this out.

Maybe this is what Liam Kennedy was on about when he said "significant legal movement" by the weekend.

Aye possibly it certainly seems that NCSL and Kennedy have confirmed at the very least that De Marco is working on the takeover in next 3 weeks.

Maybe this is what Liam Kennedy was on about when he said "significant legal movement" by the weekend.

Aye possibly it certainly seems that NCSL and Kennedy have confirmed at the very least that De Marco is working on the takeover in next 3 weeks.

So he’s just been making bread up to this point?

So he’s just been making bread up to this point?

Possibly a bit of painting and doing his new apartment out aswell.