Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

manorpark[/member] ..you've been saying soon since the backend of last year. Think would be better you just say it will happen.

He's been saying it for about a year...

I find amusing that Ashley, the buyers, the PL and the lawyers don’t know what way it’s gonna go yet but there are a few in here that will tell you every single day that it’s happening and just to wait :lol:

I think De Marco would have given Barnes/Ashley a very good idea of which way he thinks this will go.

They may ‘think’ they have a good case. Many things can change the outcome of the case along the way. I’m sure the PL believe they also have a strong case or they would work something out by now. That’s also not even taking into consideration the impact relegation could have on the deal. I understand the positive view that relegation changes nothing but realistically there is no way we could know that.

I’m very much down the middle where the takeover is concerned. It could go either way. Could even well be we win arbitration/things get sorted out but it’s taken that long pif wait to see the outcome of this season before coming back. Remember PIF will only come back if there is a clear pathway

manorpark[/member] ..you've been saying soon since the backend of last year. Think would be better you just say it will happen.

I find amusing that Ashley, the buyers, the PL and the lawyers don’t know what way it’s gonna go yet but there are a few in here that will tell you every single day that it’s happening and just to wait :lol:

I think De Marco would have given Barnes/Ashley a very good idea of which way he thinks this will go.

They may ‘think’ they have a good case. Many things can change the outcome of the case along the way. I’m sure the PL believe they also have a strong case or they would work something out by now. That’s also not even taking into consideration the impact relegation could have on the deal. I understand the positive view that relegation changes nothing but realistically there is no way we could know that.

I’m very much down the middle where the takeover is concerned. It could go either way. Could even well be we win arbitration/things get sorted out but it’s taken that long pif wait to see the outcome of this season before coming back. Remember PIF will only come back if there is a clear pathway

I know you’re cautious and that’s fair enough, but sorted before arbitration is still my opinion, it’s all on hold until Bein and legal cases are settled.

I know you’re cautious and that’s fair enough, but sorted before arbitration is still my opinion, it’s all on hold until Bein and legal cases are settled.

Even that could take months to sort out

Even that could take months to sort out

It could but then it’ll be down to Ashley to agree a new price if we go down. Hopefully we don’t go down and no messy renegotiation of price is required.

Couple of interesting tweets from NCSL, which give a clue to the argument the EPL are using to park the competition case behind arbitration. It’s hardly believable though to suggest Ashley has employed legal counsel to fight on behalf of NCSL and shows the lengths and lies the EPL will resort to. Also an example of the baseless statements Keith is presented with by argumentative fans on a daily basis, yes maybe he should just not reply, but a lot of negative know it all’s in our support constantly chipping away who know nowt.

Hopefully what he's doing is beneficial to the takeover, and that it has any effect on the deal. If so, hats off for that, literally that.

But one thing.. I personally wanna make clear. To me, it doesn't matter one fucking damn thing how little or how much money he has put in, as it doesnt give him 1% the right to bad behavior as he has done on a few occasions.

Yes, other idiots troll to some degree, and he migt be unprofessional and bite back, can't really say too much about that. But the bad behavior isn't warranted because he has taken some time off and put money into it.

So stop fucking using the money part as an excuse for it to be alright.

Also, I like that someone is doing something, but his attitude stinks and has a lot of look at me look at me kind of vibe to it. Inexperience when it comes to Twitter yeah, fair enough, but it's still common sense applies everywhere one would think.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully what he's doing is beneficial to the takeover, and that it has any effect on the deal. If so, hats off for that, literally that.

But one thing.. I personally wanna make clear. To me, it doesn't matter one fucking damn thing how little or how much money he has put in, as it doesnt give him 1% the right to bad behavior as he has done on a few occasions.

Yes, other idiots troll to some degree, and he migt be unprofessional and bite back, can't really say too much about that. But the bad behavior isn't warranted because he has taken some time off and put money into it.

So stop fucking using the money part as an excuse for it to be alright.

Also, I like that someone is doing something, but his attitude stinks and has a lot of look at me look at me kind of vibe to it. Inexperience when it comes to Twitter yeah, fair enough, but it's still common sense applies everywhere one would think.

:thup:

Where's the "year's salary" claim come from by the way? Is that something Keith has said he's given up already? Suspect it might be lost in translation.

What I don't understand is why he's so vocal about this rather than letting everything play out in the background. Unless he wants all the fans to write another letter to their MPs there's very little need for him to even have twitter.

But one thing.. I personally wanna make clear. To me, it doesn't matter one f***ing damn thing how little or how much money he has put in, as it doesnt give him 1% the right to bad behavior as he has done on a few occasions.

So stop f***ing using the money part as an excuse for it to be alright.

He’s 100% entitled to hit back in my opinion, if someone came up to him in the pub and said you can’t afford to take this to court, would he not have the right to reply ?

I totally disagree the money part is very important, how many of us could genuinely say they’d go to that level of personal self sacrifice ?

If you don’t like his style of social engagement so be it, but the world would be very dull if we we’re all the same. You like him or you don’t, however his action is supported by club/buyer and he is currently a thorn in the EPL’s side. Maybe it takes a certain type of character to be able to handle numerous threatening letters from bird and bird.

Totally respect you’re opinion though Ikon, each to their own in this matter.

For example.. (this isn't where the problem is)

"Yes, other idiots troll to some degree, and he migt be unprofessional and bite back, can't really say too much about that."

"He’s 100% entitled to hit back in my opinion, if someone came up to him in the pub and said you can’t afford to take this to court, would he not have the right to reply ?"

It's more about his attitude and behavior when it isn't warranted at times. Anyway, I'm off for BBQ lunch. Enjoy your day. I honestly don't have anymore to add to this. Also, refuse to waste time arguing about pointless things. Rather agree to disagree. No need for me to convince others.

A tosser prepared to sacrifice a years salary and spend huge sums to assist this takeover. We could certainly do with more tossers in the fan base.  :lol:

So WM claims he isn't Keith, yet claims to know how much the case is setting him back in personally, not just the monetary value. 

Also, it isn't (setting him back personally, I mean). Anyone that thinks someone forks out an entire years salary on this (bearing in mind the salary is dropped by tax etc.) is clearly a bit simple.

A tosser prepared to sacrifice a years salary and spend huge sums to assist this takeover. We could certainly do with more tossers in the fan base.  :lol:

So WM claims he isn't Keith, yet claims to know how much the case is setting him back in personally, not just the monetary value. 

Also, it isn't (setting him back personally, I mean). Anyone that thinks someone forks out an entire years salary on this (bearing in mind the salary is dropped by tax etc.) is clearly a bit simple.

I’ll humour you despite you’re insults.

He’s publicly stated it has set him back 50k so far in legal fees, and that he has ceased work for a year to facilitate this, including that he has turned down work also in this period. You’ll have to ask him with regards to his tax matters, however unless you believe he is lying all his claims have been made in the public domain.