Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Thanks WM , we don’t do anything easy mind .

That’s a good summary that helps mere mortals like me get my head around what’s the hold up/problems  O0

I’m giving it till March 31st because everything I’ve read leads to an expected end game before then, beyond that I’m out mentally for my own good  :lol:

Good luck all pro takeover folk, we need this.

Though I consider myself to have Duracell batteries in relation to this takeover, even I would have to check out for a year if it went down the high court route.

At this point it’s worth all the agro and stress though, a PIF backed consortium is beyond our wildest dreams, the establishment of English football don’t want us to have it. However, there is now a clear route to getting this done and I’m massively optimistic at this point.

That’s a good summary that helps mere mortals like me get my head around what’s the hold up/problems  O0

I’m giving it till March 31st because everything I’ve read leads to an expected end game before then, beyond that I’m out mentally for my own good  :lol:

Though I consider myself to have Duracell batteries in relation to this takeover, even I would have to check out for a year if it went down the high court route.

At this point it’s worth all the agro and stress though, a PIF backed consortium is beyond our wildest dreams, the establishment of English football don’t want us to have it. However, there is now a clear route to getting this done and I’m massively optimistic at this point.

Cheers Keith, appreciate your efforts on this.

You stick to scouring football 365 mate 👍

You stick to scouring football 365 mate 👍

Just joshin' man, don't get so defensive. I genuinely appreciate this stuff

Relegation would not end Saudi interest.

When Mike Ashley refused to lower the price watch it fast become an issue. No one is spending £360m on a championship club

It is unlikely that we would become "a Championship Club" even if we were relegated. We would "be in the Championship" for hopefully only the one season (particularly after the Takeover has happened, and the Consortium know this) but we would not qualify to be labelled "a Championship Club" in the way that many perennial Championship Clubs are.

I think it is important to remember this, when considering any impact on the sale price of the club!

Actually, I do not think we will be relegated anyway, though it really "feels like it" at the moment. I think that - this season - we will be saved by other clubs beneath us.

Ashley wants to expand his brands in KSA though, I think this time he would be a lot more willing to knock the price down if it meant he could get his foot in the door over there.

Wasn’t it confirmed he increased the price at the last minute? He’s a chancer trying to get as much money as he can for the club.

When Mike Ashley refused to lower the price watch it fast become an issue. No one is spending £360m on a championship club

It is unlikely that we would become "a Championship Club" even if we were relegated. We would "be in the Championship" for hopefully only the one season, but we would not qualify to be labelled "a Championship Club" in the way that many perennial Championship Clubs are.

I think it is important to remember this, when considering any impact on the sale price of the club!

Actually, I do not think we will be relegated anyway, though it really "feels like it" at the moment. I think that - this season - we will be saved by other clubs beneath us.

What are you talking about?  We’d be in the championship, a championship club.

It is unlikely that we would become "a Championship Club" even if we were relegated. We would "be in the Championship" for hopefully only the one season, but we would not qualify to be labelled "a Championship Club" in the way that many perennial Championship Clubs are.

What are you talking about?

Seriously, come on, you can work that out surely?

The price will NOT be affected by one season in the Championship . . .

Or, are you just trying to make a really very silly point?

You are deluded. I’m not arguing with you. If we get relegated the value of the club drops rapidly. We rightly slaughter Sunderland fans for those we ain’t really a championship/league 1 club views when clearly they are. Even with a takeover and a good manager there is no guarantee we come straight back up

Ashley wants to expand his brands in KSA though, I think this time he would be a lot more willing to knock the price down if it meant he could get his foot in the door over there.

Wasn’t it confirmed he increased the price at the last minute? He’s a chancer trying to get as much money as he can for the club.

Was that not with the fellas that are trying to buy Derby ? "if they are that rich what's another £10 million" with the benefit of hindsight it looks like he was smoking them out, I don't think Ashley has done anything to rock the boat on this takeover 

Was that not with the fellas that are trying to buy Derby ? "if they are that rich what's another £10 million" with the benefit of hindsight it looks like he was smoking them out, I don't think Ashley has done anything to rock the boat on this takeover 

No I remember golfmag saying Ashley fucked the deal by putting the price up last min and that’s why PIF walked away but I’m sure it was confirmed by I think caulkin that he did increase the price but they were still prepared to do the deal

No I remember golfmag saying Ashley fucked the deal by putting the price up last min and that’s why PIF walked away but I’m sure it was confirmed by I think caulkin that he did increase the price but they were still prepared to do the deal

If I was PIF I would say 250 MILLION NOW YOU FAT FUCK

I genuinely believe the landscape is such at the minute that even Ashley would cut his losses. Last time we went down he had to loan the club 40 to 60 million. With the current losses even greater due to Covid I think your talking an even greater amount.

We know he’s a gambler but promotion for a 3rd time at the 1st attempt ? He’s not a complete fool, I think he would maybe accept 200 million, and a further payment on promotion. It’s also been rumoured of sweeteners for Fraser group branching out into Saudi.

That’s 3 respected journalists now confirming relegation is not a deal breaker, obviously no one wants relegation but potentially a safety blanket if the worst happens.

I genuinely believe the landscape is such at the minute that even Ashley would cut his losses. Last time we went down he had to loan the club 40 to 60 million. With the current losses even greater due to Covid I think your talking an even greater amount.

We know he’s a gambler but promotion for a 3rd time at the 1st attempt ? He’s not a complete fool, I think he would maybe accept 200 million, and a further payment on promotion. It’s also been rumoured of sweeteners for Fraser group branching out into Saudi.

That’s 3 respected journalists now confirming relegation is not a deal breaker, obviously no one wants relegation but potentially a safety blanket if the worst happens.

Hope you are right. It would be peak Newcastle to finally get the dream takeover and get relegated

You are deluded. I’m not arguing with you. If we get relegated the value of the club drops rapidly. We rightly slaughter Sunderland fans for those we ain’t really a championship/league 1 club views when clearly they are. Even with a takeover and a good manager there is no guarantee we come straight back up

Discussions with you are very difficult. Instead of referring to 'discussions' you call them 'arguments' (as you just have again) then you add in insults, such as 'deluded' (on this occasion) etc etc.

You are wrong about things, but I am still happy to discuss things with you . . . you never know, one day I might get through to you!

Hope you are right. It would be peak Newcastle to finally get the dream takeover and get relegated

You know what at this point I’d take Saudi ownership in the championship, as opposed to Ashley in the premiership. We’d have the finance to compete straight away on promotion, and the excitement level would be back.

But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and we survive.