The Mike Ashley Era Time Capsule

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Impossible to choose really. Accidentally didn't click Keegan treatment but letting Rafa go was basically a football crime and the worst thing for me.

Yeah, of my five, Rafa was number 1 click.

Went for:

Pardew years

Keegan treatment

Jonas cancer disgrace

Renaming the stadium

Fan disunity

Fan disunity's the biggest one for me, because without that fans could have possibly mitigated everything else in the list from happening, but couldn't be convinced into walking away.

Didn’t put this but close. I had to include Rafa because aside from the rename is was the single greatest indicator of what he wanted the club to be about.

Rafa was the finishing move, finally destroying any possibility of hope or any point in following the club.

We already knew Rafa was just a temporary illusion of course, but having it actually end was still the final nail in the NUFC coffin.

Guest reefatoon

Christ man, that list.  It's just been a conveyor belt of utter shite all the way through his ownership.

I went:

Rafa - this sealed the deal in terms of us being completely and utterly fucking pointless.

Pardew Years - I'd never imagine a time when I actively wanted my own team, my first love, to lose and lose badly. Baffling.

Jonas - I mean, you just don't do that, do you?

Joe K - In hindsight, I'd probably have left this out because it's just a comedic memory of a shit time.

Zero Ambition - I can forgive mistakes, bad decisions if there is a broad intent to be something. To actually exist as a sporting institution.

If I was to vote again, I'd pull the Kinnear vote and put in the local press because they've failed us as fans on a fairly unprecedented level.

I acknowledge that the 13 years has also seen a huge cultural change away from traditional press BUT they've essentially become a written version of NUFC360 or whatever it's called. A recycler of news in written form with zero credibility and even less dignity. Lee Ryder man. Utter joke.

Local journos aren't really equipped for a situation where the club has been possessed by a parasite and no longer really exists to compete at sport.

They need to pretend things are business as usual because those stories are the ones the always write. The alternative is running a sustained campaign of questioning and objecting on behalf of the fans, which I don't believe they have the skills for at all. That, or the paper doesn't want to.

Local journos aren't really equipped for a situation where the club has been possessed by a parasite and no longer really exists to compete at sport.

They need to pretend things are business as usual because those stories are the ones the always write. The alternative is running a sustained campaign of questioning and objecting on behalf of the fans, which I don't believe they have the skills for at all. That, or the paper doesn't want to.

I was done by the Liverpool Echo for Hicks/Gillette etc.

It can be done if you've got some professionalism, intelligence and balls.

NCJ had none of the above.

They deserve zero uplift off the back of any positivity following the takeover because they did fuck all to contribute to him going. They had a voice and they were largely mute. The had an opportunity to make a difference and they lay down.

Fuck them. Hppe the paper goes under tbh.

TBF, the Pardew years DID give us a 5th place finish and European football.

I mean, the rest of it was tosh, but that’s still a highlight.  :lol:

It did but we were as jammy as fuck that year. Every break went for us and Liverpool/Chelsea were going through major transition years.

Joe Kinnear, man. Had to go for that. Can't actually remember being that furious at the time and it is fairly funny in hindsight, having a senile old man marching into pressers and calling everyone out.

Appointing the utter clip in the 21st century though. Peak Ashley.

Reading that utterly depressing list makes me want to cry. Sh#t man, FCB has destroyed everything our club was.

I find it impossible to chose 5 or put any of them in any order. It's just a criminal list of crimes against our club and he deserves to be shot for every single one.

Sorry guys, no list from me. Every fucking single 1 of them is top of the pile of shit.

Joe Kinnear.  Twice - represents everything wrong with the whole amateur set up and Ashley's tenure.

Rafa leaving - pretty much stopped caring about NUFC.  Then Bruce came in and I cared even less.

Jonas - sums up what scumbags Ashley and his cronies are.

Sports Direct - this and the stadium being renamed kind of fall under the same one.  Just seeing that shite red and blue logo plastered all over the place.  Ruined the stadium and always associated that tacky logo with the club and it is fucking everywhere inside SJP!

The 2 relegations - plus the countless relegation battles and just ongoing lack of ambition.  What a shambles.

Guest reefatoon

Was there not something around a pre season game in Dundee, where the players had to pay for flights? Or something along those lines.