The Mike Ashley Era Time Capsule

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Posting about in the kits thread reminded me of it: the back to back home games where we lost 0-3 to the mackems in 0-6 to Liverpool in 2012/13. Probably the 2 worst games I've witnessed at SJP in my whole life. In the space of 2 fucking weeks. :lol: Horrid.

Posting about in the kits thread reminded me of it: the back to back home games where we lost 0-3 to the mackems in 0-6 to Liverpool in 2012/13. Probably the 2 worst games I've witnessed at SJP in my whole life. In the space of 2 fucking weeks. :lol: Horrid.

My last season as a season ticket holder before moving away, what a miserable 2 weeks that was.

My last season as a season ticket holder before moving away, what a miserable 2 weeks that was.

Felt full on nauseous leaving that Liverpool game. Rancid.

The disgraceful shite and despicable human beings we have had to endure as managers: Kinnear, Carver and above all Alan utter snake of a man Pardew.

Largely 13 years of utter shamble and disgrace. A whole wasted and lost decade (and some of  us ain't got decades to waste)

Hope we never ever see the likes of these shysters near our club ever again.

The disgraceful shite and despicable human beings we have had to endure as managers: Kinnear, Carver and above all Alan utter snake of a man Pardew.

Largely 13 years of utter shamble and disgrace. A whole wasted and lost decade (and some of  us ain't got decades to waste)

Hope we never ever see the likes of these shysters near our club ever again.

Out of all the separate things mentioned in this thread this is the crux of it all, 13 years wasted, 13 years of supporting nothing, if minimal effort, maximum profit, disdain and apathy. Just an absolute waste.

can we have a vote on a top 10 best/worst moments?  obviously it would be from 2-10 only cause pardew is #1

I think the second coming of Joe f’kn Kinnear is my #1. To do it once? but then to bring the idiot back!!

can we have a vote on a top 10 best/worst moments?  obviously it would be from 2-10 only cause pardew is #1

You reckon?

I don't think it's that cut and dried. What about how they treated KK or even worse, Jonas?

I think Jonas, for the complete inhumanity, might top the chart.

You reckon?

I don't think it's that cut and dried. What about how they treated KK or even worse, Jonas?

fair point, pardew sucked the life out of an entire fanbase for about 4 years mind :lol:

You reckon?

fair point, pardew sucked the life out of an entire fanbase for about 4 years mind :lol:

Totally agree. Those were very dark days.

It's very tough to pick the worst from such a vast list of awful moments :lol:

1. Pardew

2. Kinnear

3. Dennis Wise

4. Treatment of Jonas

5. Treatment of Keegan

6. 2 relegations

7. Those jeans

8. Defacing the stadium with SD shite

9. Renaming the stadium

10. Wonga

I reckon that's pretty close to the top 10 but not necessarily in the right order.

That time we didn't sign Modric as Tony Jimenez thought he was too lightweight for the Premier League.

He went on to win the Ballon d'Or, the only player rather than Messi or Ronaldo to win it since 2007.

I think that is very high up in the rankings.

That time we didn't sign Modric as Tony Jimenez thought he was too lightweight for the Premier League.

He went on to win the Ballon d'Or, the only player rather than Messi or Ronaldo to win it since 2007.

I think that is very high up in the rankings.

:lol: Could probably fill a totally separate thread solely listing players we passed up on for a fraction of their final value because thay fraction was still £500k too much for Mike.