Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City - 28/06/20 - post match from p30

Disco

Guest Butcher

Cheap pen, Gayle miss and Sterling score. Fine margins at times.

Piss poor first half, mind.

We have way too many squad players in our squad. Very few are genuine quality and it shows.

I don’t even think Man City were that great today, seen them play much better. They just didn’t need to do anything to win.

Take De Bruyne our they are a shadow of themselves. Nowhere near as good as the were 18 months ago or even a year ago.

Whilst that's true they barely had to get play at the top of their game tonight to get a result.

If they never got that penalty, would they be able to up their game? Loads of teams have nullified them with the low block, we have took 4 points against them in our last 2 games against them by doing that, and are unlucky to not have 5 out of 9. Compare them to 18 months ago they are not playing anywhere near what they used too. Pep’s tactics have been found out now.

My god!  It could/should have been easily 5 or 6 conceded today.  Man City are fantastic, you couldn't be anymore wrong.

I don’t even think Man City were that great today, seen them play much better. They just didn’t need to do anything to win.

Take De Bruyne our they are a shadow of themselves. Nowhere near as good as the were 18 months ago or even a year ago.

Whilst that's true they barely had to get play at the top of their game tonight to get a result.

If they never got that penalty, would they be able to up their game? Loads of teams have nullified them with the low block, we have took 4 points against them in our last 2 games against them by doing that, and are unlucky to not have 5 out of 9. Compare them to 18 months ago they are not playing anywhere near what they used too. Pep’s tactics have been found out now.

Our performance tonight wasn't anywhere near as effective as it was the last 2 times we played them.

They were cutting us open and creating chances at will. Was only a matter of time before they took a chance.

And............. back to playing The Last of us 2. :frantic:

Same here  :lol:

Got chocolate cake and custard aswell.  :snod:

Is the custard hot or cold?

Not decided yet, I like both hot and cold. What should I go for?

Hot custard is just fucking wrong.

Changes made a half too late. Gayle scores and it's much more nip and tuck. That first half showing was pathetic though. Main positive is it's one less stick that the morons in the media can beat us with in regards to 'giving Bruce a chance' should the takeover go through.

Can’t excuse the push as that’s daft but it’s a big ask to throw him in cold against an up to speed City and then play him out of position for 45 mins.

I largely agree, but the lack of effort on the second goal is criminal.

I'd imagine Schar isn't in the best state of mind.  Has gone from a lock in first choice player under Rafa to a reserve under Bruce.  Just got thrown in cold against Man City as well. 

If he feels pissed off then today was an opportunity to prove Bruce wrong.

I'd imagine Schar isn't in the best state of mind.  Has gone from a lock in first choice player under Rafa to a reserve under Bruce.  Just got thrown in cold against Man City as well. 

Or he might have found it very difficult to get motivated.  Nobody is perfect.

Or he might have found it very difficult to get motivated.  Nobody is perfect.

Don't think that's the case. Think he just had a stinker today.

Guest Butcher

Yeah, he had a stinker.  I think his recent treatment by Bruce has made him a little fragile and I think it showed in his play.

What treatment? Not being good enough to play in a back four kind of treatment?