Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City - 28/06/20 - post match from p30

Disco

Is playing like that actually any better than having a go and losing by 5? I genuinely don't think I could have enjoyed that game much less, regardless of the score line.

How what’s not to love about a meek 2-0 home defeat in a knockout tournament?!

Guess the theory is, we get one chance and hopefully we score it. Sadly we didn’t and we gave away a stupid pen.

Only 0 -2, that's a success in my book.

Much better performance in second half.

Unfortunate for Gayle to miss that.

Well time to look forward, we're not safe yet in the league.

:lol:

I don’t even think Man City were that great today, seen them play much better. They just didn’t need to do anything to win.

Take De Bruyne our they are a shadow of themselves. Nowhere near as good as the were 18 months ago or even a year ago.

Whilst that's true they barely had to get play at the top of their game tonight to get a result.

Only 0 -2, that's a success in my book.

Much better performance in second half.

Unfortunate for Gayle to miss that.

Well time to look forward, we're not safe yet in the league.

Yes we are.

No, we aren't. Mathematically we are not safe yet.

Lascelles turning away from that Sterling strike man ... urgh.

Not sure why Joelinton’s protecting the back four either.

Was all such a mess. Can't wait for the season to end.

Lascelles turning away from that Sterling strike man ... urgh.

Not why Joelinton’s protecting the back four either.

Put in a good shift today. No pressure that's maybe why. He was unlucky with the goal as he tracked back from past the halfway line. Needed support

As poor as I think Bruce is, and as badly as he f***ed the first half, have to say he made exactly the right changes 2nd half. Gayle scores that it's decent management. Credit where it's due.

Funny though. I'm chatting with mates and Bruce made the same moves I said. During half time they asked Shearer and Richards what could be done and they basically said "nowt". The standard of punditry in this country is diabolical.

Putting a Championship striker on isn’t always going to come up trumps like the Villa game, like.

The move that made the difference was pushing Schar up and pressing them higher. It's what I said we should do at half time. Also I think him putting Gayle central and JL wider shows he's not blind to everything

Shithoused our way this far and deserved fuck all today

Its the hope that kills you.

I really never had any hope so personally didn't give a shit when we conceded.

I don’t even think Man City were that great today, seen them play much better. They just didn’t need to do anything to win.

Take De Bruyne our they are a shadow of themselves. Nowhere near as good as the were 18 months ago or even a year ago.

Whilst that's true they barely had to get play at the top of their game tonight to get a result.

If they never got that penalty, would they be able to up their game? Loads of teams have nullified them with the low block, we have took 4 points against them in our last 2 games against them by doing that, and are unlucky to not have 5 out of 9. Compare them to 18 months ago they are not playing anywhere near what they used too. Pep’s tactics have been found out now.

Defending in depth is okay, but it needs to be done with some aggression. On the occasions when we got the ball, it felt like we just weren't in any kind of positive frame of mind and promptly lost it. That's improved a bit since we went behind though.

ASM's limitations have been well and truly shown up. Longstaff has looked more confident than before.

I agree completely. He's never going to make it at LEFT BACK!

His touch on the ball is poor. That's what was shown up.

If they never got that penalty, would they be able to up their game? Loads of teams have nullified them with the low block, we have took 4 points against them in our last 2 games against them by doing that, and are unlucky to not have 5 out of 9. Compare them to 18 months ago they are not playing anywhere near what they used too. Pep’s tactics have been found out now.

Have you been on drugs throughout this thread?

This is a joke right? I mean, there where several clear cut chances that should have been put away before the pen, and a goal was inevitable.