Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

Two free transfers both taking weeks to get done. :lol:

I get the feeling, he was hoping for better offers before joining us.

I wouldn’t be feeling too confident I suspect he’ll be straight on the plane home after an hours chat with bacon Bruce

So Ryan, we have great plans here at NUFC.  We aim for 17th place every year, we play shit football, you will be ignored by your teammates but dont worry we only get 20% possession every match anyway.  You get your own wheelie bin...........oh and the bacon sarnies are to die for.    Plllllllllllleeassssse sign!

If we were an ambitious team, Ryan Fraser would be an excellent addition to the squad, especially on a free. Sadly, we are putting most of our eggs in his and Jeff Hendricks basket, which is quite frankly, frightening, although incredibly consistent of us.

Two free transfers both taking weeks to get done. :lol:

I get the feeling, he was hoping for better offers before joining us.

Which is a massive indictment of Bruce tbh, and the local journalists who have enabled us to sink so low.

So Ryan, we have great plans here at NUFC.  We aim for 17th place every year, we play shit football, you will be ignored by your teammates but dont worry we only get 20% possession every match anyway.  You get your own wheelie bin...........oh and the bacon sarnies are to die for.    Plllllllllllleeassssse sign!

Are you certain of that?

7 goals and 14 assists the season before last. Less fruitful last season but Bournemouth were collectively abysmal.

There's no doubting that he and Hendrick for a cumulative £0 is decent value; they're the sort of signings that ensure you have a squad capable of keeping its head above water, which I've absolutely no doubt it will.

Fraser in particular has the potential to be a useful asset, but they're not remotely interesting signings and neither of them represent a significant upgrade on the options we've had in either of those positions before. There's no imagination or strategy, they've just been advertised by their respective agents and Bruce has happily chosen them because they're available and he's heard of them. Like Bentaleb and Rose, basically. This is how our recruitment works now, under a regime that has well and truly checked out: "I don't care, give him a few players if he really needs them, as long as they're cheap." Just kicking the can along the road. Scouts need not apply/come back to work.

I fail to see either player making a significant impact. If Fraser is going to be first choice, where does that leave Almiron and ASM? Are we going to be playing a derivative of 4-4-2? Can see the form of those two players dropping off a cliff and the squad's interest collectively plummeting as the season goes on. We've seen it happen in revolutions of the Ashley cycle - players' performances start to falter as their time at a meaningless club reaches its latter stages. We'll still stay up, though. The banter will keep em going, just.

As for Wilson, I can't see us spending £20m on him and nor should any ambitious club (lol). Again, he's just familiar and available. Not actually a particularly good option, certainly not at that money.

So Ryan, we have great plans here at NUFC.  We aim for 17th place every year, we play s*** football, you will be ignored by your teammates but dont worry we only get 20% possession every match anyway.  You get your own wheelie bin...........oh and the bacon sarnies are to die for.    Plllllllllllleeassssse sign!

Are you certain of that?

Pushing the boat out to get this one across the line!

7 goals and 14 assists the season before last. Less fruitful last season but Bournemouth were collectively abysmal.

There's no doubting that he and Hendrick for a cumulative £0 is decent value; they're the sort of signings that ensure you have a squad capable of keeping its head above water, which I've absolutely no doubt it will.

Fraser in particular has the potential to be a useful asset, but they're not remotely interesting signings and neither of them represent a significant upgrade on the options we've had in either of those positions before. There's no imagination or strategy, they've just been advertised by their respective agents and Bruce has happily chosen them because they're available and he's heard of them. Like Bentaleb and Rose, basically. This is how our recruitment works now, under a regime that has well and truly checked out: "I don't care, give him a few players if he really needs them, as long as they're cheap." Just kicking the can along the road. Scouts need not apply/come back to work.

I fail to see either player making a significant impact. If Fraser is going to be first choice, where does that leave Almiron and ASM? Are we going to be playing a derivative of 4-4-2? Can see the form of those two players dropping off a cliff and the squad's interest collectively plummeting as the season goes on. We've seen it happen in revolutions of the Ashley cycle - players' performances start to falter as their time at a meaningless club reaches its latter stages. We'll still stay up, though. The banter will keep em going, just.

As for Wilson, I can't see us spending £20m on him and nor should any ambitious club (lol). Again, he's just familiar and available. Not actually a particularly good option, certainly not at that money.

It's been a disgraceful summer so far, but Ryan Fraser is legitimately good in my opinion. Aside from Bournemouth being poor last season, I think his contract situation also didn't help.

Hendrick is hard to say. It'll be interesting to see if he gets to play his preferred roe through the middle, as he was shunted out right at Burnley.

Guest neesy111

If I cared more I'd be quite happy with this signing, under Bruce. I still think he's gonna get a better offer though.

The fact he hasn't signed up with anyone else yet tells me he doesn't have many options.

I love the perceived interest in this move from Fraser. Bodes really well. I wonder if he will make eye contact with Bruce in the meeting.

"Damn it phone.. why won't you ring... maybe if I stare hard enough...Spurs? Everton? Celtic? Aberdeen? Bognor? PLEEEEASE!"

Fobs off committing in May, then all summer, then last week he is interested but waiting for better offers.. face to face talks and medical booked but still hasn't decided. Likely still checking his phone for offers before he steps out unto SJP for his debut.

If I cared more I'd be quite happy with this signing, under Bruce. I still think he's gonna get a better offer though.

The fact he hasn't signed up with anyone else yet tells me he doesn't have many options.

I think he's had offers but he wants to go to Celtic. I guess they can't match the astronomical* wages we're going to offer though.

*sarcasm