Callum Wilson a doubt for season opener due to minor back surgery (Various)

Strawberry

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Assuming Wilson stays fit for 70% of the season. How much would you be willing to bet on that?

I don't no. But it's a risk worth taking considering the lighter fixture schedule IMO.

A £30m Wilson replacement on a 4-year deal is£7.5m FFP cost per year + £3-4m in wages. It's a lot of money for someone to sit on the bench.

I mean it makes sense. It's exactly what I imagine Callum Wilson would do. The source just seems ropey and it says there's still interest from Saudi.

12 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Would be cool to see him in Serie A or MLS

It would be an honour.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I dont mind hims staying if he is motivated and prepared to be backup to Isak. Less playing time should mean less injuries. I don't think we can replace his goals. There isn't a lot out in the striker market. 

Thats worked out fantastically for us the last two seasons mind

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think it’s worth bearing in mind that Howe will always say he wants to keep players, unless they’re Ryan Fraser. Nothing Howe says can really be taken at face value when it comes to transfers in or out of the club 

Was just coming in here to post something similar. The club/Howe aren't going to let on they want rid of him as it instantly devalues him in terms of how much we could get for him.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think it’s worth bearing in mind that Howe will always say he wants to keep players, unless they’re Ryan Fraser. Nothing Howe says can really be taken at face value when it comes to transfers in or out of the club 

Was gonna post the same gb. You REALLY have to have done something wrong for Howe to completely discard you as someone he just can’t fix.