Callum Wilson a doubt for season opener due to minor back surgery (Various)

Strawberry

This lad may as well just retire after the end of the season if he can't get a pay day in Saudi. He's gonna end up leaving here on a sour note if he's constantly injured again this season. Beyond laughable now. 

Edited by Decky

Can only laugh at this stage. At least it’s happened now while we can get another striker in and when it seems he’ll be back before the window shuts.

Not concerned tbh, the plan was always to get a new striker and this will only accelerate the plans. If we bring in a new striker and keep Wilson as well, I only see that as a positive (of course I’d sell for a decent offer). 

There were people in here saying they'd be fine with going with him and Isak again this season.

I could not believe what I was reading at the time.

This man can no longer be counted on at all, unfortunately.

No one is likely to buy him now either, and so we're likely going to have to let his contract run down.

At least now we know for certain that we have to sign another forward of decent standard to back up Isak.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There were people in here saying they'd be fine with going with him and Isak again this season.

No one is likely to buy him now either, and so we're likely going to have to let his contract run down.

At least now we know for certain that we have to sign another forward of decent standard to back up Isak.

all you do is dig up ‘what people were saying’ let them have their opinion. Such a weird attitude. Your point is absolutely fine without those first 2 sentences. Such an air of superiority. Needless 

for what it’s worth I’m of the opinion Wilson should go

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Can only laugh at this stage. At least it’s happened now while we can get another striker in and when it seems he’ll be back before the window shuts.

He needs peddling asap unfortunately, we can’t have another season of him being injured and Isak being flogged. 

This whole Wilson thing is going to be the case with Arsenal fans as well this season, regarding Partey.

There were people over there quite glad that he's supposedly staying. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Absolutely mortifying!

Their tears will soon come too.

He and Wilson must be related.

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's the standard short term memory stuff.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Aye, that was my first thought. We're stuck with him now.

Possibly he can still get a move to Saudi but he has little value anyway in terms of transfer fee, so it might be one we have to suck it up on.

Just now, KaKa said:

If that Atletico Madrid bid was really a thing, we missed a trick there.

Thought it was a loan, in which case they’d have seen at close quarters he’s made of Super Noodles and paper mache and said ‘no mas’.

Just now, Erikse said:

It's the standard short term memory stuff.

The strange thing with Wilson is that he didn't really seem to be willing to embrace a more secondary role despite all the injuries.

I just didn't get the reasoning in keeping him really, at least we will have to bring someone in now, and he really can't have any complaints.

Once he is back up and running he'll likely be third choice, so he'll have to accept that.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Thought it was a loan, in which case they’d have seen at close quarters he’s made of Super Noodles and paper mache and said ‘no mas’.

Was it? Can't 100% recall now.

Thought it was a permanent transfer.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Possibly he can still get a move to Saudi but he has little value anyway in terms of transfer fee, so it might be one we have to suck it up on.

I guess any transfer fee above whatever his current book value we'd have to consider? Assuming we can bring in a replacement

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

This stopped being funny about five injuries ago. 

Let me try

* clears throat *

How about we all just get off his back.

1 hour ago, janpawel said:

Surely the injury fucks any chance of selling him this window 

You're talking about a player who's spent about as much of his professional career in rehab as he has on the pitch.

This shit doesn't faze him. He's got a bona fide contract after all. They have to pay him.. sore tit? "Sick pay!" - bit of a back strain? "Sick pay!"

Don't forget the obligatory Insta post to say how devastated he is and that he'll be back soon.

Callum Wilson is as much of a problem as his injuries are. Now wait and see, he'll be back when the window closes and then he'll pick up something new when the January one is about to open. He's just running down the contract which may have an automatic year extension clause.

That'll bring him up to 34 going on 35... just in time for retirement and then a lucrative tv pundit career with that lovely smile.

Or am I being cynical?

15 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

You're talking about a player who's spent about as much of his professional career in rehab as he has on the pitch.

This shit doesn't faze him. He's got a bona fide contract after all. They have to pay him.. sore tit? "Sick pay!" - bit of a back strain? "Sick pay!"

Don't forget the obligatory Insta post to say how devastated he is and that he'll be back soon.

Callum Wilson is as much of a problem as his injuries are. Now wait and see, he'll be back when the window closes and then he'll pick up something new when the January one is about to open. He's just running down the contract which may have an automatic year extension clause.

That'll bring him up to 34 going on 35... just in time for retirement and then a lucrative tv pundit career with that lovely smile.

Or am I being cynical?

Why would he do this? He's ruining his career and a chance of a new contract.

Such a weird post.