Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

The only problem with Callum Wilson is the fact our fans sing that absolutely wank DJ Otzi song. Surely as a fan base we’ve got to do better than that? Was shite the first time around with Shearer and now we’re using it for Wilson. It’s like the chant equivalent of microwaving a turd.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Actually winds me up how people just will not accept fact [emoji38]

Nothing wrong with saying his finishing wasn't great yesterday. He is still clinical... They aren't mutually exclusive. You can be an elite finisher and have a shoddy game.

People are responding to a post where the guy said that it was concerning how many chances he now needs to finally score a goal. Hardly the same thing.

On 21/09/2023 at 15:35, RobsonsWonderland said:

I do miss the 442 formations where there was strike partners with the quality of Beardsley and the wingers only job was to cross the ball !

Would Sellers and Fox (and later Gillespie and Ginola) been able to fit into 433…

I think it would have been better for Sellers’ skill set tbh. Reminds me of Maddison in many ways. 

25 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The only problem with Callum Wilson is the fact our fans sing that absolutely wank DJ Otzi song. Surely as a fan base we’ve got to do better than that? Was shite the first time around with Shearer and now we’re using it for Wilson. It’s like the chant equivalent of microwaving a turd.

He likes it/gives him a rewarding shiver up the spine 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

It genuinely gets on my tits.

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

When you’re in that crowd and hammering a team away, you sing it and have a class time. Most chants are fucking stupid, but they’re mint when you’re amongst your people. 

Even the Amarillo Champions League song shows some creativity and imagination. Otzi doesn’t.

Love some of the new additions, Salt n Pepa Willock adaptation being the highlight.

I feel dirty typing this but this is due to a chat at work I've had with a Chelsea goblin. 

I got a feeling Chelsea are going to come in for him this Christmas, there's murmurings on the Chelsea board-  I think he should stay and i shudder at the idea but how much do you think the club would ask for him?

They know they have Chelsea over a barrel, He's English and the most in form striker over the last few years barring Kane and Haaland. We're in a position of strength and it could jump-start a litany of other signings having that cash injection. 

7 minutes ago, Southerner said:

I feel dirty typing this but this is due to a chat at work I've had with a Chelsea goblin. 

I got a feeling Chelsea are going to come in for him this Christmas, there's murmurings on the Chelsea board-  I think he should stay and i shudder at the idea but how much do you think the club would ask for him?

They know they have Chelsea over a barrel, He's English and the most in form striker over the last few years barring Kane and Haaland. We're in a position of strength and it could jump-start a litany of other signings having that cash injection. 

IMG_8013.jpeg.f65acf603e3c18455fab47143bcbc0e4.jpeg

That will not happen! He’s set himself targets! With us! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Knowing Chelsea they’ll try and go balls deep on Osimhen.

19 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

For me CW needs to channel his inner Billy Whitehurst, bit of aggression coupled with that killer instinct makes him 1st name on the sheet, after Sean Longstaff & Botman 

It’s Callum Wilson mate. He’s absolutely top class as it is. He certainly doesn’t need no pencil necked dweeb like you telling him to conduct himself on the football pitch.