Callum Wilson

Strawberry

On 27/09/2023 at 18:54, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal have an endless money pit. They'll need to sell Eddie Nketiah to make that work FFP wise. 

Southgate helped to add a few million on any fee by giving him an England cap despite his best haul of PL goals in a season being 5.

On 27/09/2023 at 17:47, MrRaspberryJam said:

Can we stop entertaining this notion of selling Callum Wilson please?

clearly his injury record is why we’d sell, but perhaps if we haven’t already we should look at improving his conditioning through the use of either Swedish or Japanese massage.

On 21/10/2023 at 21:34, Joelinton7 said:

No love for this handsome beast today? 5 in 9 for us this season after his 18 last year. 43 in 90. Bloody outstanding. Finally got our Shearer replacement. 

I guess when you consider this is our first season in Europe for about 10 years, and bar the LC last year, we're often out of cups early, plus a few injuries, it's perhaps not actually as surprising, but I did initially find it amazing that all 43 of those goals have been in the PL and not one cup goal so far in his 3 and a half years here.

On 22/10/2023 at 07:34, Joelinton7 said:

No love for this handsome beast today? 5 in 9 for us this season after his 18 last year. 43 in 90. Bloody outstanding. Finally got our Shearer replacement. 

His GTG ratio in the PL for us is better than Shearer’s, too …

Anyone else notice, when Gordon hit the bar, Wilson wasn't too pleased the ball didn't come to him then when Gordon scored there was a bit of banter between the two that looked like an admission Wilson could've nearly fucked it up for Gordon 😂

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

His GTG ratio in the PL for us is better than Shearer’s, too …

I mean if he keeps that up to 35 year old then it's a good comparison. :lol:

The Cole and Ferdinand ones are what surprised me. Similar sorts of minutes and goals scored, he's well on par. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Cole and Ferdinand ones are what surprised me. Similar sorts of minutes and goals scored, he's well on par. 

Wilson also didn’t have Shearer’s three career threatening injuries and wasn’t one of the world’s best players in his prime - I don’t honestly think they’re on a par :)

Yeah, the minutes-to-goals ratio being comparable with those two is incredible.  I think Wilson is a better player than Ferdinand and Cole were, too - English football is far, far stronger now than it was in the ‘90s

During Sheffield United Wilson was definitely playing with a niggle, otherwise he'd of bagged a hattrick first half alone, then we'd really be talking up his stats.

the chances he missed were uncharacteristic as he such a good finisher. 

I think he's also been unlucky with a few chalked off if you include last season too. 

The goals to games ratio doesn't surprise me. When him and isak are both interchanging their goals to minutes ratio seems to improve? Seems like keeping them fresh is the way forward 

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Those lads didn't take penalties which helps Wilson.

Wilson is also laser from the spot.