Callum Wilson

Strawberry

8 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Both Isak and Wilson should get away if they want to continue their careers. In Newcastle they don't have time to recover 100% before Howe drives them to pieces.

Or maybe they'll be luck and Billy Goat Gruff will help them cross the bridge past your good self and they'll be fine

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

How many injuries have been “freak” injuries?

Off to the top of my head,

• Barnes toe snapping off while jogging.
  • Burn's broken back.
  • Anderson's broken back.
  • Murphy's shoulder popping out (twice).
  • Pope's shoulder popping out.
  • And now Wilson's chest snapping.

Just now, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Off to the top of my head,

• Barnes toe snapping off while jogging.
  • Burn's broken back.
  • Anderson's broken back.
  • Murphy's shoulder popping out (twice).
  • Pope's shoulder popping out.
  • And now Wilson's chest snapping.

Fuck knas what Botman's was all about too. Chuck Tonali into the freak pile n'all. 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Who would you have played instead? Dead interested. 

Should have brought in an attacking player for the summer of 2023. With CL matches, the match coverage for Wilson and Isak, who are made of glass, becomes completely impossible.

But the choice fell on Hall, obviously who has barely played 20 minutes. Wrong prioritization is my opinion.

Just now, Krabbe2 said:

Should have brought in an attacking player for the summer of 2023. With CL matches, the match coverage for Wilson and Isak, who are made of glass, becomes completely impossible.

But the choice fell on Hall, obviously who has barely played 20 minutes. Wrong prioritization is my opinion.

How did loaning a young LB stop us from buying a striker?

35 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

He wont go anywhere this summer. 

Nobody is going to pay money for a 32 year old striker who can barely stay fit for a run of games. Nobody is going to give him a two year contract thatll even match his one years worth of wages here. He's done well to get to 32 with his injuries really.

We need another striker next season like, especially if we do make Europe. Wilson will be third choice for the last year of his contract where he'll hopefully be able to have an impact in the odd game/off the bench. His fitness cant be relied on for anything more. 

Could see someone like Brentford taking a punt once Toney goes. £15-18m or so.

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

What's that got to do with what you originally said, that Howe "drives them to pieces?" 

14 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Both Isak and Wilson should get away if they want to continue their careers. In Newcastle they don't have time to recover 100% before Howe drives them to pieces.

Ah, there it is. Greatest hits track 1.

Looking forward to the well known B side "I don't know why the training staff let him bulk up so much. He probably weakened his pec while bench pressing."

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I was one of them. This is pure hindsight. At the time, keeping him was the right decision.

Agree, but we are in the same position again, this time let's not make the same mistake. No more contract extensions, either sell if someone will actually offer some sort of a reasonable fee, or just use him as and when necesessary during his last 12 months here.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Could see someone like Brentford taking a punt once Toney goes. £15-18m or so.

Knock about £10m off those figures and you might be talking.

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

What's that got to do with what you originally said, that Howe "drives them to pieces?" 

Lack of alternative. Isak has looked like he's been carrying an injury ever since he got here, unfortunately. He also never gets the opportunity to get fully 100% healthy either, as Wilson is then in a wheelchair.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's more about getting in the right mindset that players have a shelf life. As it stands, looks like we won't be able to fetch much of a fee for Wlson anyway as he would have needed to finish this season fit and firing to drum up interest. Right now no one would want to pay a significant fee for him, and in the summer he'll be entering the last year of his contract. Might just end up keeping him here and hoping he stays fit for enough of that final season.

Aye, the idea is good and it sounds like the senior management get it, but being in a position to do it is a different matter.

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Name the 3rd striker for City, Arsenal, Villa, Man U, Spurs

The point is that Wilson is too unreliable to be one of only two. If you carry a player with his injury history, a replacement is necessary 

Also, these teams have wide players and attacking midfielders more suited to the striker position if needed. They have more quality in those positions overall, actually.

Just now, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

The point is that Wilson is too unreliable to be one of only two. If you carry a player with his injury history, a replacement is necessary 

Also, these teams have wide players and attacking midfielders more suited to the striker position if needed. They have more quality in those positions overall, actually.

Isn't it also that our #1 is too unreliable?

We need more quality from our wingers - I agree. Gordon is perfectly fine back-up mind.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I was one of them. This is pure hindsight. At the time, keeping him was the right decision.

I didn't think so. Different predictions :dontknow:

25 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Is there some kind of NUFC players fight club going on?

It’s that tucking table tennis/football thing they play. Lethal! 
edit: Howe probably makes them do it anarl! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny