Callum Wilson

Strawberry

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Interested to see what Howe does v Arsenal with Wilson. Does he start him with Isak or continue what he’s been doing using him (or Isak) off the bench?

I don't think we'll see both Wilson and Isak start together until top 4 is mathematically secure. 

If Longstaff is out then Joelinton and Willock are needed in the centre and then I could see him starting Isak out left and Wilson up front against Arsenal. It's either that or Gordon wide left, and on current form I'm not sure he'll go for that in such a big game. 

1 minute ago, ohmelads said:

If Longstaff is out then Joelinton and Willock are needed in the centre and then I could see him starting Isak out left and Wilson up front against Arsenal. It's either that or Gordon wide left, and on current form I'm not sure he'll go for that in such a big game. 

I suppose the issue is starting too slowly against Arsenal and then having to come from behind though I suspect the crowd will be bonkers so won’t allow that.

19 hours ago, ohmelads said:

Difficulty is providing enough protection for Burn I guess, I think defensive aspects are the main reason Howe doesn't want to play Isak left permanently. That and the impact of having either him or Wilson to bring on. 

Do love this guy's confidence. He's picked it up for sure. I wonder who would have taken the penalty if we had been given it arsenal? 

I think Wilson would have bagged rights over it judging what he was saying with Antonio on the podcast.

But it's an interesting question... With both of them on the pitch, who is our penalty taker?!

All things considered I think I'd have to go with Wilson. Don't know Isak's penalty history, but assuming they're equal, I'd give Wilson the nod due to seniority and having the higher goal tally to aim for. Think it might be a step too far for his morale to take him off penalties.

9 hours ago, 80 said:

All things considered I think I'd have to go with Wilson. Don't know Isak's penalty history, but assuming they're equal, I'd give Wilson the nod due to seniority and having the higher goal tally to aim for. Think it might be a step too far for his morale to take him off penalties.

Howe said earlier this season that Isak is our designated penalty taker when on the pitch. 

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Howe said earlier this season that Isak is our designated penalty taker when on the pitch. 

Wilson definitely looked like he was gonna take it on Sunday mind. I know everyone’s bang into pretending one player is taking it to protect the real taker now, but looking at body language I was 90% sure it was Wilson, had it stood.

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Really, where? Fair enough.

better than 1 in 2 in the Prem for us now.  37 in 72 is pretty good considering 44 of those games were fighting relegation. 

Would be cool if he got to 20 PL goals this season. 

He scored. We nearly got another. He was hooked. We conceded. I’m not ever going to truly question eddie and the team but he was clearly handling the situation. He needed to be there the whole match.