Callum Wilson

Strawberry

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Finished iirc. Needs moved on. Not good enough as a back up even

That was the general opinion over a month ago now man, keep up. 

Glad he’s scoring again. Next time he’s out of form can some posters please refrain from declaring him finished? :lol:

Edited by Nine

Was such a weird dip in form he had mid season. I don't think we had ever really seen it from him before, probably because his seasons are always disjointed due to injuries etc. 

But he's been fantastic again. He has unique qualities that are different to Isak. It feels great to have genuine options for rotation and strength in depth finally.

6 minutes ago, alexf said:

Was such a weird dip in form he had mid season. I don't think we had ever really seen it from him before, probably because his seasons are always disjointed due to injuries etc. 

But he's been fantastic again. He has unique qualities that are different to Isak. It feels great to have genuine options for rotation and strength in depth finally.

He clearly wasn't fit during that dip in form. Howe said it as well, that he was barely even training during it. 

Our joint 9th PL 'all-time' top scorer now, joint with Ayoze on 33 goals. One more will take him to joint 8th with Rob Lee. 4 within Nobby and Cisse on 37. One more solid season should take him up to 2nd or 3rd. (He's 10 off Cole and Shola in joint 3rd, and 14 off Peter Beardsley in 2nd.

(Incidentally our next highest current player is Miggy in 18th)

Edited by Superior Acuña

Poor guy scores 2 goals- one an absolutely amazing finish- yet everyone is still talking about Alex’s cameo. Imagine scoring twice and the post-match interviewer is asking you “how good is Isak?” :lol:.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, McCormick said:

Poor guy scores 2 goals- one and absolutely amazing finish- yet everyone is still talking about Alex’s cameo. Imagine scoring twice and the post-match interviewer is asking you “how good is Isak?” :lol:.

Did you see his on-pitch interview after the match? You can tell his ego has been hit quite a bit with Isak being so good. Not a bad thing though because it's clearly motivating him to up his game.

I never knew Wilson had that kind of goal in his locker, the audacity, the confidence, love it. Wilson's always been a striker with so much self belief it verges on arrogance, but he backs it up time and time again. 

2 hours ago, HawK said:

I never knew Wilson had that kind of goal in his locker, the audacity, the confidence, love it. Wilson's always been a striker with so much self belief it verges on arrogance, but he backs it up time and time again. 

Yeah that was wild, he almost took that like a free kick the way he killed the ball and stopped moving, then one step and just curl it (over the wall). Audacious is definitely the right word, what the hell man.

5 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Did you see his on-pitch interview after the match? You can tell his ego has been hit quite a bit with Isak being so good. Not a bad thing though because it's clearly motivating him to up his game.

Yeah I thought he was a bit of a dick in that, touting himself as the centre forward and Isak as a wide player.

Can hypothesize about our midseason decline and what caused it but think the main reason was we didn't have a competent or fit striker for an extended period. Goals break tight games open, particularly the way we play.

God knows where we'd be if we'd had these versions of Wilson and Isak available all season.

Edited by ponsaelius

11 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Yeah I thought he was a bit of a dick in that, touting himself as the centre forward and Isak as a wide player.

He’s not likely to turn round and be 100% honest and say ‘yeah I’m playing well but he’s a superstar so will probably play more than me and even if I could play every game my body wouldn’t hold up’ 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

He’s not likely to turn round and be 100% honest and say ‘yeah I’m playing well but he’s a superstar so will probably play more than me and even if I could play every game my body wouldn’t hold up’ 

No, he’s not but imagine the rest of the team watching that, I’d be ‘that’s a dickish move’ essentially bagging a teammate out.

22 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

His podcast has been a must-listen recently, he's spent all season rinsing Antonio about Scamacca signing and then Ings signing and him being benched, and now the shoe is very much on the other foot.

In fairness to both of them, they've done exactly what you said and upped their game in response rather than sulking/giving up, and both are definitely looking back to their peak.

He just seems the kind of character who cannot accept anyone being better than him at anything, which is probably why he's made it as far as he has.