Callum Wilson

Strawberry

On 02/05/2022 at 23:47, HaydnNUFC said:

I think Wilson, when fit, is a better striker than Ba. 

On 03/05/2022 at 10:47, Ronaldo said:

Not in a million years.

Still think so? Genuine question btw. @Ronaldo

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I said it when he wasn’t in form, happily say it again - Wilson is our best proper no 9 since Shearer.  He’s on a par with Ferdinand to me - both handsome bastards, too.

If I had it my way the place would be.. 

His self belief is something else, like. Not that he doesn't have the talent to back it up, but his confidence in himself to decide games separates him from other forwards with similar attributes. Proper fucking leader from the front tonight. 

The way he organises our press is something else. When you see it close up if the opposition has a goal kick or something he’s literally never stops getting everyone where they need to be.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Still think so? Genuine question btw. @Ronaldo

Ooooh good timing.

Wilson has been unbelievably good this season apart from that bizarre 2 and a half months when he looked dead. Those two penalties against Leeds in front of mincing radgies sum him up - balls as big as an Irish broad’s ass, to quote Ralph Cifaretto. Ba was outrageously good at scoring half chances and better footballer overall. Callum has at least proved me wrong to be so sure of it. 

Ask me again in 10 days.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I said it when he wasn’t in form, happily say it again - Wilson is our best proper no 9 since Shearer.  He’s on a par with Ferdinand to me - both handsome bastards, too.

Sir Les was a level above..  not to say Wilson has his strengths but I think I know who I would pick in their prime.

7 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Sir Les was a level above..  not to say Wilson has his strengths but I think I know who I would pick in their prime.

Fair dos - I think if Wilson had the opportunity to play in a better NUFC side after joining he’d have a couple of 20-goal seasons under his belt.  We are a good side now - and he’s bagging the goals.  It’s also a much, much stronger PL these days. 

That isn’t to knock Sir Les of course - who was an exceptional no 9

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

This is just nostalgia talking tbh. I loved Sir Les as much as anyone, but Wison has a hard edged finisher mentality which is hard to replicate. His assist for Bruno's goal shows that he knows it's not just about him, but the team. Not to mention that finish itself was exquisite.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This is just nostalgia talking tbh. I loved Sir Les as much as anyone, but Wison has a hard edged finisher mentality which is hard to replicate. His assist for Bruno's goal shows that he knows it's not just about him, but the team. Not to mention that finish itself was exquisite.

Nah, Les is miles ahead of him

He is class and has been since he arrived aside from a brief spell mid-season this year. Tremendous season. 

That looked like a dive though and I won’t be tolerating that or defending it just because other teams do it. 

Just now, St. Maximin said:

He is class and has been since he arrived aside from a brief spell mid-season this year. Tremendous season. 

That looked like a dive though and I won’t be tolerating that or defending it just because other teams do it. 

That’s him telt