Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Mental decision to keep him, IMO. As great as he has been for us. It’s the last chance to get some money for him and he’s never fit. I also think his pace and sharpness has noticeably dropped off recently. 

Like others have said. I hope we get someone in that can play wide and through the middle. As Isak will need someone to deputise for him now and then and Wilson can’t be relied upon. 

12 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Well, he's "expected to stay" until one day he's suddenly gone. It's all binary.

Exactly. I'm sure we'd sell him if we got a half decent price, and more importantly, have someone lined up who can replace him. That second bit might be the tricky part.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd rather not have him in the PL if possible. 

When he's fit he's very good but is rarely fit. Maybe Callum has accepted this and is prepared to play a supporting role but past statements and body language would not suggest this is the case.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd rather not have him in the PL if possible. 

Do you have anybody in mind to replace him? I know we must be looking, but there hasn't really been any serious talk about strikers doing the rounds.

Just now, TRon said:

Do you have anybody in mind to replace him? I know we must be looking, but there hasn't really been any serious talk about strikers doing the rounds.

Nah, no idea. Good backup strikers are hard to find. The Palace model of signing a whole load of forwards and hoping one makes it is interesting, but we have Isak so we won't be doing that. 

I wasn't saying I want to sell Wilson BTW, just if he goes I want it to be outside the league. 

My ideal option, if we didn't need to consider finances, would be to keep Wilson and sign a young third forward with potential.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nah, no idea. Good backup strikers are hard to find. The Palace model of signing a whole load of forwards and hoping one makes it is interesting, but we have Isak so we won't be doing that. 

I wasn't saying I want to sell Wilson BTW, just if he goes I want it to be outside the league. 

My ideal option, if we didn't need to consider finances, would be to keep Wilson and sign a young third forward with potential.

Ah ok gotcha. That makes sense.

I actually would like to see him be sold, I'm too wary of him getting crocked for months and leaving us hoping Isak doesn't get injured.

At the same time, he is a top quality striker when fit, not easy to replace with our budget which is why there's not been much serious talk of potential targets. Jao Pedro would have been ideal, but of course we backed out of that deal to get Isak.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

With a rugged Isak and no European football, 20-30 minute Cal is perfect.

If that’s all we go with I’m OK with it, but still a gamble. Isak’s fitness improved over the season once the CL football ended. Love Wilson but it’s a proper who the fook knows what pops next :lol:

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I love Wilson as #2 tbh. Isak, Wilson, Gordon is a top 4 striker option in the league.

Gordon isn't a top 4 strike option in the league. He's barely good enough as an emergency stand in let alone a prolonged period if Wilson is out.

That's why I can understand us pursuing DCL. Not my ideal type of striker, but he would have been a good alternative to Isak, especially given his strength in the air.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Gordon isn't a top 4 strike option in the league. He's barely good enough as an emergency stand in let alone a prolonged period if Wilson is out.

That's why I can understand us pursuing DCL. Not my ideal type of striker, but he would have been a good alternative to Isak, especially given his strength in the air.

Better options than any other team in the league apart from City, Liverpool & Brentford imo.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Better options than any other team in the league apart from City, Liverpool & Brentford imo.

Assuming Wilson stays fit for 70% of the season. How much would you be willing to bet on that?