Football governance

Nobody

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

There's not a chance that those six will be kicked out of the PL though. They will have an even more huge financial advantage, there will be nothing really for ever other club to play for and the PL will be devalued overall so incomes will drop even further for every other club.

They have to, you cannot allow anti-competition to proceed. Everyone in this country is against it from clubs, fans, premier league, uefa, fifa, the EU and the government. There is no way they can be allowed to compete in their domestic leagues. You say not a chance, well we will see.

Edited by et tu brute

Poll to predict what the outcome will be?  (1) fuck all happens with the FA, evil six get away with it and sewpa league gets the go ahead (2) fuck all happens with the FA, evil six get away with it but sewpa league comes to nowt (3) evil six mercilessly booted out, don't care what happens with sewpa league

Praying for a 3 tbh, despite all the things it'd fuck

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why can't they be kicked out? Are you saying there would be nothing for other clubs to play for assuming they were kicked out, or if they hung around like a bad smell?

I'd love to see them go but it's not going to happen. Even if it were to it would be completely unviable for them they would leave this SL before they would leave the PL.

If the SL does go ahead with them they will still be in the PL.

(Btw, I didn't see the context of the original post because the new forum's quote system, I don't agree that them leaving would kill the PL, but I do think them being in the SL would)

2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

How did you show up so quickly? [emoji38] It’s like you have a radar. 

I've been glued to this thread since this all happened.

Hoping these six leave the PL, leading to a complete collapse of the shitshow it's become and this ESL to be every bit as shite as I expect it to be.

You showing up braying your shite has been a nice shot in the arm for the thread. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

You don’t need to schedule the final to suit international audiences. But you can schedule matches before to generate interest. The NFL is on TV for basically 10 hours every Sunday. The CL could at least try to be on tv for more than two hours. 

Have you ever watched the NFL? Do you know why it’s on for 10 hours on a Sunday? It’s because games regularly last 3 hours, give or take. They often have about 3 games on. The Champions League in comparison is a midweek competition which is time limited because of the need to have games shown during the evenings, so has pretty much all the games on at the same time. They have though in recent years changed it so those who are from the Far East have earlier kick offs, which for them is about the same time as what we would kick off at, instead of their fans having to wait up until the middle of the night during the week to watch a match. The closest comparison to what you have described is Super Sunday which regularly has games from 12pm until 8pm, which is 4 games being played, and 8 hours of coverage.

Just now, OpenC said:

Poll to predict what the outcome will be?  (1) fuck all happens with the FA, evil six get away with it and sewpa league gets the go ahead (2) fuck all happens with the FA, evil six get away with it but sewpa league comes to nowt (3) evil six mercilessly booted out, don't care what happens with sewpa league

We've played recently enough in the championship against the likes of Barnsely and Hull, not really that arsed if we don't get to play against Man U or Arsenal in the redesigned PL. The grounds will be rocking next season with the return of fans. Hope the sewpa league buffs enjoy their tv fare at whatever kick off time they are allotted. 

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Without a doubt 3 is the best outcome. It would fuxk this lot so much, and they'd be shitting in their panties. If the super league fails (which I wouldn't be surprised to see it do), they are all utterly fucked. 

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I've been glued to this thread since this all happened.

Hoping these six leave the PL, leading to a complete collapse of the shitshow it's become and this ESL to be every bit as shite as I expect it to be.

You showing up braying your shite has been a nice shot in the arm for the thread. :lol:

We all live for the drama. [emoji38] Happy to provide, suck it to the haters. 

Just now, Giselle said:

The premier league do the exact same thing though? It’s on tv for 10 hours every Saturday and Sunday. UEFA are just lazy. 

Sunday's I suppose nearly, but not Saturday. 

It's not laziness to try and protect the integrity of a product to ensure it has the highest audience possible at the best price. You're arguing for the devaluing of an existing product. But to try and persuade people they are getting the same value, give them more bells and whistles. That's short term planning and you'll have to keep updating and diversifying to retain that interest. 

But then looking at European football as a worldwide product is just wrong. Coming up with a new group of clubs and new league that can fit in to this worldwide schedule to squeeze the last penny out of every minute would be what you're looking for, but then it's not the same product with the same pull. You've just managed to fill the hole you'd found. Where no one was really asking for it to be filled. Shoe-horning the current structure in to that proposition you'll end up losing the current product that people consume anyway. 

It's all terribly short term vision. 

They absolutely cannot be involved in any of our domestic competitions if this super league goes ahead. Its a simple as that. 

Scrap the Europa League, combine it with the champions league. There will be plenty of top European clubs to make it worthwhile. Still have Porto, Ajax, Bayern, Dortmund etc.

Not interested in football franchise. In fact, I'd argue its not football at all. Football is about relegation, qualifying for Europe, winning trophies. The Super League would be a souless group of cash cows with no competition. On the bright side it will be nice to see Spurs at the bottom of the league, season after season.

I love the outrage and that it would will “kill competitiveness” as if the PL isn’t already a closed shop. Only Leicester in the last 15 years who has broke the top 4? It can’t get much more boring, predictable and unfair at the top. Man City have 50m pound players on the bench ffs 

Most U.S.-based supporters have accepted that PL and CL matches aren’t always going to be held at convenient times for us. It’s fair, it’s a Europe-based game. 2:00PM on a Tuesday/Wednesday generally means I don’t get to watch most CL matches. No big loss, as I’ve gotten pretty bored with the CL in recent years. And I actually rather enjoy the PL on weekend mornings...it doesn’t compete with U.S. sports schedules.

Pip isn’t wrong that the CL is in need of reform and that UEFA probably doesn’t manage TV deals all that well. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

They absolutely cannot be involved in any of our domestic competitions if this super league goes ahead. Its a simple as that. 

Scrap the Europa League, combine it with the champions league. There will be plenty of top European clubs to make it worthwhile. Still have Porto, Ajax, Bayern, Dortmund etc.

Not interested in football franchise. In fact, I'd argue its not football at all. Football is about relegation, qualifying for Europe, winning trophies. The Super League would be a souless group of cash cows with no competition. On the bright side it will be nice to see Spurs at the bottom of the league, season after season.

Probably need to rename it, but having it so it’s just knock out games, with potentially no seeding, at least in later rounds would be amazing. You could easily have 7-8 clubs from each major league, and about 4 from the smaller ones if you introduce a decent qualifying round.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Sunday's I suppose nearly, but not Saturday. 

It's not laziness to try and protect the integrity of a product to ensure it has the highest audience possible at the best price. You're arguing for the devaluing of an existing product. But to try and persuade people they are getting the same value, give them more bells and whistles. That's short term planning and you'll have to keep updating and diversifying to retain that interest. 

But then looking at European football as a worldwide product is just wrong. Coming up with a new group of clubs and new league that can fit in to this worldwide schedule to squeeze the last penny out of every minute would be what you're looking for, but then it's not the same product with the same pull. You've just managed to fill the hole you'd found. Where no one was really asking for it to be filled. Shoe-horning the current structure in to that proposition you'll end up losing the current product that people consume anyway. 

It's all terribly short term vision. 

Appreciate that you’ve given time and effort to respond. The CL is a worldwide product, as the premier league is. The premier league gets £4bn/year from international tv rights, £4.5bn/year from domestic tv rights. In the next cycle, it’s likely that international rights will be worth more than domestic rights. Whenever this switch occurs, it’s likely to be permanent. In a typical weekend, the premier league is on tv for 20 hours. 12pm kickoffs are really for Asian audiences, 7.45pm Mondays are for domestic audiences. They put an effort in to generate worldwide interest. The champions league is supposed to be an even more marquee product, with greater prestige and tradition. It should earn much more than it is currently earning, to the detriment of every European football club (and economy). UEFA are just lazy, and they are not product-driven. Their incentives are not aligned with clubs and with the champions league. 

13 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

You’re basically proposing the usurpation of what those clubs are to their own local communities to satisfy a identikit globalist framework.

That really gets at the heart of what makes this so foul: the owners gleefully dropping any remaining vestige of the "club" and giddy at the prospect of winning more people over to their corporate logo and color scheme.

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Most U.S.-based supporters have accepted that PL and CL matches aren’t always going to be held at convenient times for us. It’s fair, it’s a Europe-based game. 2:00PM on a Tuesday/Wednesday generally means I don’t get to watch most CL matches. No big loss, as I’ve gotten pretty bored with the CL in recent years. And I actually rather enjoy the PL on weekend mornings...it doesn’t compete with U.S. sports schedules.

Pip isn’t wrong that the CL is in need of reform and that UEFA probably doesn’t manage TV deals all that well. 

Bro do you want to be on everyone’s ignore list as well? 

I wouldn’t be in this thread if UEFA scheduled games spaced out and earlier. Wife and kid asleep, what’s a man supposed to do with no football on tv. 

Edited by Giselle