Football governance

Nobody

"American blaming" :lol:

What do people expect like? It's the brainchild of American ownership, funded by a US investment bank, with the intention to creating a closed shop system akin to US sports. Nobody is blaming American footy fans - but it's clearly the result of US capitalists' motivations. 

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

What do people expect like? It's the brainchild of American ownership, funded by a US investment bank, with the intention to creating a closed shop system akin to US sports. Nobody is blaming American footy fans - but it's clearly the result of US capitalist's motivations. 

Aye, American investment too. :lol:

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

What do people expect like? It's the brainchild of American ownership, funded by a US investment bank, with the intention to creating a closed shop system akin to US sports. Nobody is blaming American footy fans - but it's clearly the result of US capitalist's motivations. 

Even the language used such as founding fathers, erm I mean members. They really think it’s Independence Day. [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Would be good to get a big name like Messi coming out and fucking it off, saying he'd rather have his final World Cup appearance or whatever

He makes like 200m a second or something. There is no way that little shit is ever standing up for anything other than his own pocket. 

I don’t get the outrage over this or how it would be bad for English football and clubs like us. Aren’t we all sick of Man City and Chelsea winning everything? If they stay in the PL then they will just use all their money to dominate anyway. They are all plastic soulless clubs now anyhow so how would they be any miss and why is everyone so outraged?

I keep reading and hearing that money and greed is ruining the game and I agree. So the “big 6” leaving surely removes that problem and creates a more level playing field.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Boris playing dress up in his high-viz again.

Has to be first time I've listened to Boris Johnson and felt he was spot on and agreed word for word on what he said. :lol:

2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I don’t get the outrage over this or how it would be bad for English football and clubs like us. Aren’t we all sick of Man City and Chelsea winning everything? If they stay in the PL then they will just use all their money to dominate anyway. They are all plastic soulless clubs now anyhow so how would they be any miss and why is everyone so outraged?

I keep reading and hearing that money and greed is ruining the game and I agree. So the “big 6” leaving surely removes that problem and creates a more level playing field.

A level playing field to compete for an utterly pointless title. 

3 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

They're not talking about leaving though. Otherwise, yeah.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I think the point is, it’s greed at play here and that isn’t draped in any particular flag. 

Course, but it’s heavily influenced by American sports models, they are trying to Americanize football. No doubt Beckhams plastic club will be proving up the table if it goes ahead. 

3 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

They still plan to be in the PL while also having much more money than they already have, they're not planning to leave.

2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Simon Jordan sort made a similar point this morning. Sky would massively reduce any new negotiation on TV fees which would ultimately drive down wages ect. A sort of reset. There's so many points of discussion and it's only day 1 of the announcement.

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

They still plan to be in the PL while also having much more money than they already have, they're not planning to leave.

Aye, in the current format it’s pretty much big 6 orientated for the top 4 anyway (the odd blip when Leicester, us, West Ham this season have threatened it for the odd year). This is going to widen the gap even further when you think they’re now going to get about £300m each. The money they earn in a year compared to the rest of the league could literally buy a club like us.