Football governance

Nobody

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t see the domestic competitions throwing them out tbh. 

we are surely going to see a deflation for the left behind clubs though. I can’t see the tv deals commanding such high sums especially the champions league. 

If they're just in the Super League it'd be dull as fuck, wouldn't it? Only one thing to aim for which is the ESL title, no jostling for European places, no cups, no relegation.

So, apparently Barça members will have to approve us being part of this disgrace. I want to think we'll vote it down... although the board might get away by playing the "vote for this or we broke" card, like Barotmeu did with the stadium naming rights.

Anyway, I'm done with pro football if this thing comes to pass.

Edited by Village Idiot

1 minute ago, Village Idiot said:

So, apparently Barça members will have to approve us being part of this disgrace. I want to think we'll vote it down... although the board might get away by playing the "vote for this or we broke" card, like Barotmeu did with the stadium naming rights.

Same, just going to stop watching. I was on the way out anyway TBH, I like the sport on the field but everything else is terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

What's the overall reaction like in Spain?

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

If they're just in the Super League it'd be dull as fuck, wouldn't it? Only one thing to aim for which is the ESL title, no jostling for European places, no cups, no relegation.

Definitely, but again I draw the Parallel to NUFC. We have been neglected for the whole time Ashley’s been here yet our fans keep going to the games, buying the shirts etc. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It would almost be unfair, in a sense. When Man Utd next come to SJP, with a full backing of away supporters, there won't be a single representative of theirs in the ground that day who is responsible for this situation. It's the outside influences, ie the owners and the regulators who've let it get to that point. Booing the likes of Cesar Azpilicueta and Andrew Robertson would be missing the point entirely. Tempting nonetheless. :lol:

It takes a lot for me to feel for the fans of clubs like them, but I do. Having your club succumb to the Bodysnatchers treatment isn't something I'd wish on anyone. We've felt it, it's awful, worse than just being rubbish. 

controversial thing to say but What the Glaziers have done to Manchester United is as bad as what Ashley has done to us. Just because they’re so massive and because they had the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, they’ve been able to get away with it. 

they’ve taken Hundreds of millions out of that club and by the time they’re through it will be billions.

Just now, Rafalove said:

controversial thing to say but What the Glaziers have done to Manchester United is as bad as what Ashley has done to us. Just because they’re so massive and because they had the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, they’ve been able to get away with it. 

they’ve taken Hundreds of millions out of that club and by the time they’re through it will be billions.

Lol, not even close. 

My biggest fear right now is not that it will happen, but more towards the PL and CL giving them what they want, and they'll accept until it they get bored again with it and threaten to leave.

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bollocks.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

My biggest fear right now is not that it will happen, but more towards the PL and CL giving them what they want, and they'll accept until it they get bored again with it and threaten to leave.

Yeah, that's where I am.  Said it a few pages back.

They'll bend over and accept every demand they want (including the ability to veto any takeover) and UEFA will hand over their 'legacy qualifications'

Just now, SuperFlat said:

That feels like an important step. Hopefully others will now follow suit.

My money wasn't on Ander Herrera to be the first to speak out, but here we are. :lol:

He plays for PSG who aren't in it. Will have to be one of the players from 1 of the 12 to come out against it

Just now, Rafalove said:

How is it bollocks?

Because Man Utd have still won trophies under the Glazers' tenure.

Had Fergie been 10-15 years younger I dare say they would still be top of the tree today.

This feels like the strongest message from the owners of these Super League clubs to their own fans of "this isn't your local football club, this is our global brand".

Really takes away the connection of being football fan if the club you support wants to position it self to rely more on fans from around the world than the ones on it's doorstep and where it was founded.

Just now, triggs said:

He plays for PSG who aren't in it. Will have to be one of the players from 1 of the 12 to come out against it

Wonder if it means PSG are genuinely opposed to it, rather than just biding their time while they're still in CL.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Yeah, that's where I am.  Said it a few pages back.

They'll bend over and accept every demand they want (including the ability to veto any takeover) and UEFA will hand over their 'legacy qualifications'

One of the things I despise the most of this move is how they somehow manage to turn UEFA into a victim. Fuck them. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Because Man Utd have still won trophies under the Glazers' tenure.

Had Fergie been 10-15 years younger I dare say they would still be top of the tree today.

But he isn’t. And this is about more than league position it’s about somebody ripping the heart and soul out of a football club. I mea. The Glaziers are taking something like 60 mil out of that club every year

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

But he isn’t. And this is about more than league position it’s about somebody ripping the heart and soul out of a football club. I mea. The Glaziers are taking something like 60 mil out of that club every year

They are still spending a fortune in an attempt to secure major honours, though.

They aren't midtable (which would be the relative positional decrease to us) and just content to be an also-ran.

Edited by Sima