Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I get that and tbh perhaps I'm wrong to somewhat dismiss their records in an albeit easier league. However I just remember hearing both on here and in the media that Werner was one of Europe's most deadly strikers. He really isn't, the lad can't finish. He needs sitter after sitter to register, and he's playing in a team which creates lots of chances.

As for Havertz, no idea what he's meant to bring. Doesn't appear to possess any outstanding attribute.

We were shite tonight which says everything about the league given we're somehow 2nd.

That said maybe I'm being harsh. Apparently the sign of a 'good team' is to win while not playing well and we had Richarlison, James, Digne, Allan all out with Coleman and Gomes on the bench. Tom Davies was even bordering on OK.

Sheff Utd are in serious danger of breaking Derby's record.

I do think it would be good to see Werner as the main striker and not shifted to the left wing where he's mostly been playing

That's true like. Definitely deserves time and I don't think Lampard has helped him much.

And with Havertz the fee means they have to stick by him and play him. However I see him as a hindrance to the team, especially when he often starts ahead of Kovacic or Pulisic depending on his role and he's nowhere near either of their levels.

We were shite tonight which says everything about the league given we're somehow 2nd.

That said maybe I'm being harsh. Apparently the sign of a 'good team' is to win while not playing well and we had Richarlison, James, Digne, Allan all out with Coleman and Gomes on the bench. Tom Davies was even bordering on OK.

Sheff Utd are in serious danger of breaking Derby's record.

Don't rate Davies then?

I get that and tbh perhaps I'm wrong to somewhat dismiss their records in an albeit easier league. However I just remember hearing both on here and in the media that Werner was one of Europe's most deadly strikers. He really isn't, the lad can't finish. He needs sitter after sitter to register, and he's playing in a team which creates lots of chances.

As for Havertz, no idea what he's meant to bring. Doesn't appear to possess any outstanding attribute.

Werner came to the PL with a good record, and looked very dangerous early on when he was used as the main striker. Haven't watched much of Chelsea for a few months, but get the impression he is used more out wide now? If used correctly i think he'll deliver.

Wrote this on Havertz back in september:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=102957.msg7316002#msg7316002

Not much has changed since then. He did really well at his former club