Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

City need a complete rebuild, which is absolutely mental really but them the breaks

They don't need a complete rebuild.  They need 2-3 very good signings though.  Striker is a must.  Aguero is past his peak now and injury prone.

They had Torres, Bernardo Silva and Mahrez on the bench.

Surely you don't need both Gundogan and Rodri when you're needing a goal vs WBA

My take on it is Guardiola is really just that stubborn. Making a sub, in his mind, likely compromised the way he thought they would win the game and that is the absolute #1 thing for him, never deviating from his idea and having 100% total devoted belief in it.

Does make him look a bit silly when stuff like this happens though. He's undoubtedly a genius but his stubbornness is getting increasingly obvious, and to the detriment of getting results.

City tonight reminded me of Arsenal of about 10 years ago. Loads of possession, bit creaky at the back and wanted to walk the ball in every attack. Oblivious to the fact there's 8 or 9 defenders in the final third who are organised and compact, they carry on trying to feed delicate little balls into the vastly outnumbered strikers and it eventually breaks down and is cleared.

Fabulously talented set of players rendered impotent due to the lack of time and space in the compacted final third.

I honestly think Rodri is a bit wank (for Man City levels) . Barely contributes in attack, but he isn't really that good as a defensive midfielder IMO. While they don't cover quite the same role, Gündogan is a far superior player.

Pep would have done a lot better improving on Rodri rather than spending another £100m on new CBs.

Havertz looks awful for Chelsea, total nothing player. Werner not a great deal better either.

Werner is a great player, his finishing since moving to Chelsea has been awful mind.

Haven't seen enough of Havertz yet to properly judge him. Ziyech looks excellent though IMO.

So brilliant  :lol:

Hope they sink like a stone.

Thing is, I don’t think a new manager would get much more from the current lot.

I still can't believe Ozil isn't even in the squad, your paying him 200-300k a week and you leave him do nothing for half the season, sure he's not been good often in the last few years but surely you can find some place in your squad for him to try something different