Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

The whole boring KDB/Bruno debate aside, that's a few 'big' games now that Fernandes hasn't really turned up in. He's a superb player and has transformed Man Utd but for them to take the next step I think he's going to have to up his game in the big ones.

Simon Smith actually had a goalkeeper coaching VHS out back in the Given days. So clearly he's passionate about coaching and loves the process enough to make a instructional film about it. That alone places him lightyears away from the Steves.

Wonder if I still have that VHS lying around, probably worth some money.

I’ve probably posted before but he used to train the keepers at Gateshead occasionally when my mate was on the books, speaks extremely highly of him as a coach and a bloke.

The whole boring KDB/Bruno debate aside, that's a few 'big' games now that Fernandes hasn't really turned up in. He's a superb player and has transformed Man Utd but for them to take the next step I think he's going to have to up his game in the big ones.

Both absolutely unreal.

Appreciate the elegance of De Bruyne's game, but equally appreciate the Cantona-ness of Fernandes. He's walked into the biggest club in the world like it's nothing and dragged them up single-handedly to compete for the Premier League.

I do think if one has the edge though, it would be De Bruyne (for that volley against us in the 2-2, ludicrous).

Simon Smith actually had a goalkeeper coaching VHS out back in the Given days. So clearly he's passionate about coaching and loves the process enough to make a instructional film about it. That alone places him lightyears away from the Steves.

I’ve probably posted before but he used to train the keepers at Gateshead occasionally when my mate was on the books, speaks extremely highly of him as a coach and a bloke.

Class :thup: I remember going on a goalkeeping course with Pavel Srnicek circa 2005ish and hoping Simon Smith would be there as I'd spent the previous years studying his lessons on the above mentioned VHS. Think he'd left the club by that point though, closely followed by Pav not long after the course finished. He invited me to train with him in Czech Republic afterwards but my parents said no. Fuckers  :lol: I could have had my two dreams come true - be a pro keeper, live in a former Soviet country  :lol:

Agree. Expecting a lot more 1-0/2-0s from them. Their defence looks a different prospect this year. Dias and a returning to form Stones have made a huge difference so they don't have to go hell for leather. Just control the possession and their quality will eventually yield some openings.

Goalkeepers have always been strong area in my years supporting, apart from the dark years Andy Woodman would have been responsible for.

Given/Haper/early years Krul... hits a rocky patch of Elliot/later Krul/Alnwick/Darlow, now clearly picked up again with Dubravka/Darlow/Woodman

Pards' goalkeepers at Palace were always shit when he took Woodman - Hennessey, McCarthy was rubbish there, Mandaanda turned shite