Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Barca are truly abysmal under Ronald Bruce - credit to Bilbao though - took out R Madrid and Barca to win this

He's fucking hopeless.

Barca are truly abysmal under Ronald Bruce - credit to Bilbao though - took out R Madrid and Barca to win this

He's fucking hopeless.

WTF was Alba doing for the equaliser? And Langlet for the daft foul leading to the free kick

This isn’t a vintage Barca but boy is Koeman stinking the place up with his very own version of Bruceball - he still has a capable squad at his disposal

Guest neesy111

It's quite sad to see the glory of Messi kind of tinged or tainted lately with the goings on at Barca over the last 6 months or so. I'm sure it's only temporary mind and won't be a stain on the career of the greatest footballer to ever live.

Needs to get out and have a swansong somewhere else.

The whole boring KDB/Bruno debate aside, that's a few 'big' games now that Fernandes hasn't really turned up in. He's a superb player and has transformed Man Utd but for them to take the next step I think he's going to have to up his game in the big ones.

Both absolutely unreal.

Appreciate the elegance of De Bruyne's game, but equally appreciate the Cantona-ness of Fernandes. He's walked into the biggest club in the world like it's nothing and dragged them up single-handedly to compete for the Premier League.

I do think if one has the edge though, it would be De Bruyne (for that volley against us in the 2-2, ludicrous).

This is it in a nutshell. SanToon and Neesy are getting on like children for some reason. I never said Bruno is a better player than De Bruyne, only that since he has come into the league he's been the best, which at the time he was and arguably still is.

Hilarious from ManDoon saying Penandes in a shambles as he sits top of the league with 11 goals and 7 assists to his name. De Bruyne 3 goals, 2 of which were penalties I believe.

Both unreal. De Bruyne is a maestro. Bruno hasn't even played a full season yet. We'll be talking about them both for a while.

Still think City will walk the league with Liverpool second. Still crying out for a right winger. Rashford and Pogba are both uncomfortable there.

It's quite sad to see the glory of Messi kind of tinged or tainted lately with the goings on at Barca over the last 6 months or so. I'm sure it's only temporary mind and won't be a stain on the career of the greatest footballer to ever live.

Needs to get out and have a swansong somewhere else.

and to think that could have been us  ;)

What I admire about Zlatan is that he hasn't really changed his style in the last 15 years. He's just got better, and better and something he was already great at.

Whilst he made PSG and Ligue 1 look easy, he'd have been brilliant had he been in the PL a few years earlier. He was amazing in the PL the one season he did play.

He's like Ronaldo - the older they get, the smarter and more efficient they become.

Had an injury at MU that everyone thought was the last of him, and didn't kick another year onto his deal if I recall - so he went to MLS and has come back stronger than ever.

It's possible Zlatan and Ronaldo can play at the top level and score until they reach 40  :mike:

What I admire about Zlatan is that he hasn't really changed his style in the last 15 years. He's just got better, and better and something he was already great at.

Whilst he made PSG and Ligue 1 look easy, he'd have been brilliant had he been in the PL a few years earlier. He was amazing in the PL the one season he did play.

He's like Ronaldo - the older they get, the smarter and more efficient they become.

Had an injury at MU that everyone thought was the last of him, and didn't kick another year onto his deal if I recall - so he went to MLS and has come back stronger than ever.

It's possible Zlatan and Ronaldo can play at the top level and score until they reach 40  :mike:

I would disagree with that to be honest. Like you say he has become more efficient - that has involved shifts in playing style.

When he was at Juve and Inter he was still very similar to the player he was at Ajax, lots of dribbling and skills on the ball. A lot of time spent drifting wide and taking people on 1v1. Dropping deep and admiring his own playmaking etc. Although Capello tried to give him that goalscoring motivation it wasn't the only feature of his game.

Post Barca/Milan, during his time at PSG he become more and more focused on scoring goals and did less of the other stuff. He doesn't even try and dribble at all these days really - and understandably so at his age. He uses his body and strength in shielding the ball, bringing people into the game and allows everybody else to do the running. He's also far, far better in the air than he was when he was younger - regularly scoring headers where previously it was a genuine weakness for a guy his size.

A totally unique player though. To play at this level in the modern game, in a position like centre forward, at the age of 39 - is completely unheard of (unless Ronaldo can manage to do it in a few years).