Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Below is the law

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s)."

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Below is the law

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s)."

Well, it’s actually the right decision then :lol: But a dreadful rule.

But that begs the question why Wilson’s wasn’t disallowed yesterday? The keeper was ‘touching’ the ball with two hands and he was challenged for the ball. I’m not saying I think it was a foul, but reading that, it was?

Makes sense reading that rule why keepers get so much protection and fouls are given every time they drop the ball.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

But that begs the question why Wilson’s wasn’t disallowed yesterday? The keeper was ‘touching’ the ball with two hands and he was challenged for the ball. I’m not saying I think it was a foul, but reading that, it was?

Makes sense reading that rule why keepers get so much protection and fouls are given every time they drop the ball.

Nah, he dropped the ball on Schar unchallenged.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Nah, he dropped the ball on Schar unchallenged.

But is he not challenged by the fact Schar makes a back for him?

The rule states you cannot challenge the goalkeeper (not challenge for the ball), he’s made it difficult for the keeper and therefore challenged him?

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

But is he not challenged by the fact Schar makes a back for him?

The rule states you cannot challenge the goalkeeper (not challenge for the ball), he’s made it difficult for the keeper and therefore challenged him?

I think (pure guessing here) the challenge refers to once he has the ball and not before necessarily 

So Schar challenged at first and then didn't, that's then when Pope dropped it