Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

37 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

But your argument is that if it's quite close to the target (post, bar) that's unlucky, fair enough but disagree.

At least a shot on target can go in.

A miss is as good as a mile.

If a player hits a shot on target that the keeper saves fairly easily, is that more unlucky than a shot which beats him and misses by centimetres?

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If a player hits a shot on target that the keeper saves fairly easily, is that more unlucky than a shot which beats him and misses by centimetres?

Both are poor shots, but at least one has a chance of going in.

I don't think an unlucky shot is even a thing tbh.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

Guest neesy111
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

9 goals & 6 assists in the league in 27 games. It’s not been the numbers of the last 2-3 years but that’s still cracking like. :lol:

Think Sterling's been fine for England this season.

Going back to that penalty it just highlights all along why VAR is ultimately a waste of time for most things as football is so subjective.

The refs gives it.

VAR could look at it an apply the head before arm law. Doesn’t!

Those that play football regularly knew what Can was doing.

Those that know Can know what he was trying to do.

Yet you could literally argue it either way.

Ultimately a decision has to be made. Normally I think modern penalties are soft and I can kind of see it also with this one but as someone who plays you know Can is playing percentages. He might of played them 51/49 but the decision was 49/51.

3 hours ago, triggs said:

What a horrendous group of semi finalists :lol: Real Madrid probably the "cleanest"

It’s absolutely fucking minging.

Have to say, I think Chelsea - PSG final is incoming

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

Can knew what he was doing there. definite pen.

but i bet it wold have been overturned if it was in the premiere league.

What could he possibly have gained from doing it?

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

9 goals & 6 assists in the league in 27 games. It’s not been the numbers of the last 2-3 years but that’s still cracking like. :lol:

In most teams yes. In a Man City which probably won most of those 27 games not quite as impressive. All I said was he’s reverted to type which was those type of figures for Liverpool & City from a few years ago but with the killer instinct replaced by the return of hesitation. He did it again last minute last night. His form seems to be dipping just as others form are rising. Maybe some of the Man City players are trying to pace themselves for what’s a massive six weeks or more ahead.

Southgate will keep faith with him but he’s not as nailed on in my eyes as he used to be.