Wolves 1-1 Newcastle United - 25/10/20

Disco

Nice attempted block from joelinton that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joelinton on the brain still?! The obsession continues!

Well he was the player pulling out of the block. It’s like the posts I made about the shit ASM was failing at too, but you refuse to see that.

Kaka’s boy on

cbc65e76c0d0ec749ae4ee27646d3fba.gif

Join the club brother. He's a worse stalker than Melissa from Middle School. And she was a really committed stalker too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah! Seen him hounding you about Bruce or something. Never seen anything like it  :lol:

Relentless. I will post in the film thread, and he will pop up and ask: "yeah but who cares about the new Borat film. What about Bruce? Still think he is doing okay? Is he doing okay? Would you say he is going okay samptime29[/member]?"

??

Triggered. Is Bruce taking us backwards or just not taking us forwards?

Fair play. To field the most attacking line up in recent memory yet serve up reasonably sound defensive football with no offence (other than on the eyes) is quite the achievement.

It was literally like Bruce said, fuck em, they want attacking footballer, I will give them all the attackers... then make them play as defensive as possible. No doubt more "work in progress" spin to be heard after this. "Even when I play attacking formations the players are so ingrained to play defensive football."

Wolves were sub par. Fair to say ASM and a few others were sub par for us too. Our players are good at following defensive instructions. Our lack of dominating midfielders that can dictate play was on show again.

Funny how much better the team looks when Shelvey isn't there

Our midfield had more pace and mobility. Hendrick had a role where he was clearly more comfortable and at last looked up for it. Neither Almiron nor Fraser are great tacklers, but they covered the ground well - Almiron exceptionally so.

Hayden-Shelvey-Hendrick has always seemed a poor, one-paced combination.

Murphy looks a good option in that wing back position.

:anguish:

I agree with you. This is pretty cringy stuff tbh.

Fair to say ASM has just as many shit games as good tbh. Very hot and cold player.

It is actually. I apologise KaKa[/member] and samptime29[/member] - I’m in no position to say whether your opinions are right or wrong. Arguing with fellow supporters is a bit shit on my part. I still think both Bruce and Joelinton are utter shite but you have every right to disagree without me mentioning it.

Almiron was awesome tonight, back to how he was under Rafa. Most of the rest of them a bit average but they just look like they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing.

The players in the system they’re being set out to play in just isn’t working. Needs something to change the way they play.

We've now seen a 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3, a 3-4-2-1 and now a 3-5-2 and nothing has looked effective or worked well this season.

We just sit deep and when we occasionally win it back, we lump it long or give it to ASM to try and dribble the whole team.

No idea what on earth is being done every single day in training. The team can't win the ball back or pass the ball consistently for more than 3 to 5 passes at most.

Really enjoyed that Dyer interview with him talking about his Newcastle career. Miss those SBR days

Someone was slagging off his half time comments in this thread which I disagreed with, I thought he was pretty much on the money. Dyer was a pretty decent pundit IMO, didn't shy away from giving his opinion, and spoke well for the most part. I know a significant number of our fans hated him when he was here because he was perceived as arrogant, but he was a big part of one the best NUFC teams I had the privilege to watch.

Really enjoyed that Dyer interview with him talking about his Newcastle career. Miss those SBR days

Someone was slagging off his half time comments in this thread which I disagreed with, I thought he was pretty much on the money. Dyer was a pretty decent pundit IMO, didn't shy away from giving his opinion, and spoke well for the most part. I know a significant number of our fans hated him when he was here because he was perceived as arrogant, but he was a big part of one the best NUFC teams I had the privilege to watch.

His interview on the true Geordie podcast was a good one. Explained how a lot of his “arrogant” behaviour was a front after him being sexually abused as a child.

It's clear he got some bad medical advice when he was here which isn't really his fault. Though having read his book he didn't exactly always put football first and didn't seem to grasp that effected people's perception of him. Agree though we were usually a better team with him in it, he was good in midfield but Souness playing him as a second striker took him on a level.

Andy Gray talking on beIN Sports:

“It is a smash and grab [for Newcastle].

“They contributed nothing to the game really, in an attacking sense, until they went one down.

“I said to you [Richard Keys], watch the next nine minutes after they went one down and look at how many men they get forward.

“In the first 80 minutes they did nothing like that.

“I don’t get it.

“I get that you can defend and be deep but I don’t get your adventure can be zero.

“That is what it was for Newcastle and it doesn’t please me to say that about that club, or Steve [bruce], because I like Steve, but I just think that they offered nothing really going forward at all, until the 81st minute when they went one down.

“I’d expect more from Newcastle tonight and we didn’t get it.

“I don’t know what Newcastle fans would think…I don’t know if they would go home thinking: ‘That’s a great result, I’m happy with that.’

“Or whether they would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’

“I’d like to think, knowing what I have seen over the last 25 years from that club, some of the brilliant sides I have seen, the entertainment I have watched up there, been to watch millions of games up there.

“I’d like to think the majority would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’…”

Andy Gray talking on beIN Sports:

“It is a smash and grab [for Newcastle].

“They contributed nothing to the game really, in an attacking sense, until they went one down.

“I said to you [Richard Keys], watch the next nine minutes after they went one down and look at how many men they get forward.

“In the first 80 minutes they did nothing like that.

“I don’t get it.

“I get that you can defend and be deep but I don’t get your adventure can be zero.

“That is what it was for Newcastle and it doesn’t please me to say that about that club, or Steve [bruce], because I like Steve, but I just think that they offered nothing really going forward at all, until the 81st minute when they went one down.

“I’d expect more from Newcastle tonight and we didn’t get it.

“I don’t know what Newcastle fans would think…I don’t know if they would go home thinking: ‘That’s a great result, I’m happy with that.’

“Or whether they would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’

“I’d like to think, knowing what I have seen over the last 25 years from that club, some of the brilliant sides I have seen, the entertainment I have watched up there, been to watch millions of games up there.

“I’d like to think the majority would say: ‘That was a tough watch.’…”

Takeover's on then.