Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool - 30/12/2020

Disco

That was a much more tolerable performance. Darlow was superb. I can't see a way in for Dubravka at the moment, he'll have to wait it out even if he's back to full fitness.

Wilson does make such a difference, like. He's deceptively quick and strong.

Relying on our keeper having a blinder every week isn't tolerable.

Defensively in the individual sense, we were fantastic. In the team sense, defensively we were a joke, cut to shreds at times with only last gasp challenges and brilliant saves keeping them out. Based on that, we'll scrape to about 35 points and probably stay up but Christ, football is supposed to be an escape, not a reflection of life.

Some of the defending was very last ditch like but it was excellent in those moments.

Individually, we were great in the middle (don't get me started on the full-backs, they might as well not have been on the pitch at times), Schar in particular was inarguably tremendous. When the margin between a good hiding and a jammy scraped 0-0 is that type of heroic and desperate defending, it's not sustainable in any way. It isn't indicative of any type of progress or philosophy either, whatever Bruce or his arse-licking media pals say. It's just a very basic plan that should and would have been punished on another day and got a lucky draw today because Liverpool were indecisive and wasteful.

<b>Buzzing with that!</b> Just shows that all we ever want to see and ask for is a bit of energy and desire despite what the pundits say. Shelvey and Sean should never get back in or at least not play together in the middle again. Having some energy with Hayden and Matty made all the difference. No way we get that result with Shelvey and Sean Longstaff strolling about and running through treacle 

:lol:

I honestly am! I know and understand the state of things and how pointless we are at the moment but always enjoy 11 in black and white battling their way to a point and working their socks off to get a point v one of the Premier leagues darling clubs. I just take each result in isolation nowadays and if every player gives their all then I can’t say anything negative.

Fair enough stance I feel

That was a much more tolerable performance. Darlow was superb. I can't see a way in for Dubravka at the moment, he'll have to wait it out even if he's back to full fitness.

Wilson does make such a difference, like. He's deceptively quick and strong.

Relying on our keeper having a blinder every week isn't tolerable.

More tolerable relative to the Man City match, obviously. We can't give Leicester as much of the ball next time out (but of course we will).

That's Newcastle, the walls come tumbling down very very quickly.

Such a condescending arsehole. :lol:

Bruce, not Yorkie.

giphy.gif

:lol: You've got beef with me and I don't know why.

No mate you're great, i just couldn't pass up on that, it was on a plate  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Was nice to see Robertson rattled at the end mind

Bit of a mismatch when he squared up to Fernández, like. :lol:

should have put him in the stand like Bennett did with Speedie in the 80s, only good thing a Mackem ever did

A more friendly mismatch:

d8f67cdf668892f4861d1be34bc0a074.jpg

Probably the best we’ve played all season which says it all.

Huge result for the Donnay Army and the reactionary populists in the right wing press. Their laminated Brucey A4s will be crusty the morra.

Very decent performance that tbf, agendas clouding a lot of the reaction. The problem is it will in all likelihood be sandwiched between two terrible efforts in another nothing season.

I'd like to see a post quoted in here that displays any type of agenda. I assume you mean needlessly negative, all I see is honest appraisals of another performance that offered little and was rewarded with a lucky point.

Very decent performance that tbf, agendas clouding a lot of the reaction. The problem is it will in all likelihood be sandwiched between two terrible efforts in another nothing season.

I'd like to see a post quoted in here that displays any type of agenda. I assume you mean needlessly negative, all I see is honest appraisals of another performance that offered little and was rewarded with a lucky point.

Well we were playing the, albeit depleted, champions and were never really under any sustained pressure. Aye they should have scored a couple but we also could have won it on another day.

I'm generally as horrifically negative as they come regarding NUFC these days but genuinely think I must have been watching a different game. In isolation that was fine. Obviously means nowt in the long run.

Great point, my only criticism is Gayle not getting 10-15 mins, with his pace he could have got in behind Fabinho and Philips who both were on a yellow card

Would have meant taking Wilson off cos we weren't playing 2 up top.

We looked reasonably organised and at least three individuals in the defense - including goalkeeper - had extremely good and gutsy games.

We also had less than 30% possession at home, no clear cut chances, they still got behind us several times and, cumulatively, it was a minor miracle we didn't concede at least once. There's no great shame in any of that when you're playing a team with that sort of quality, and anyone still rooting for this bullshit can rightly raise a glass to a decent point won (just as fans of West Brom, Brighton and Fulham have all done this season too). But it wasn't impressive, and I didn't see anything that contradicts my admittedly fierce agenda against significant elements of the club (no sarcasm).