Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

I don’t think playing him on the right was his position. Having manq in behind didn’t help because him and Lacelles just think about defending that moment and not what could be done after if they just took the ball down or played it back to Pope.

Yeah but I do think for his development he needs to go to a championship team

Just now, Holloway said:

I was banging the drum for young Elliot, it doesn't help him being played out of position on the right, but I accept he isn't quite ready and should get a loan spell under someone like Kompany

Regardless of the (lack of) impact he's made, this 6 months being around the first team players and Eddie will be absolutely invaluable in providing a platform for him to work from for whichever club he goes on loan to in the second half of the season. He'll have clear goals, objectives and be sent to a club and manager that will know how he needs to be used to develop. There's no way Eddie and Dan Ashworth won't be involved in selecting where his top prospect plays. I have no idea about Shola as a staff member so I have no opinion of him in this regard, but it did really work out well on the last loan he arranged, so wherever he ends up, I have faith in the process.

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

Regardless of the (lack of) impact he's made, this 6 months being around the first team players and Eddie will be absolutely invaluable in providing a platform for him to work from for whichever club he goes on loan to in the second half of the season. He'll have clear goals, objectives and be sent to a club and manager that will know how he needs to be used to develop. There's no way Eddie and Dan Ashworth won't be involved in selecting where his top prospect plays. I have no idea about Shola as a staff member so I have no opinion of him in this regard, but it did really work out well on the last loan he arranged, so wherever he ends up, I have faith in the process.

No doubt he' s taken on board so much of Eddie's drills,methods,and learnt from them. The step up in the quality of defence in the Pl has probably grounded him a bit, he was going past players like they weren't there in his time with the Gas, he is showing an assured fist touch in this company but not much more, to be fair. He'll make it though, there's enough about him

On 10/11/2022 at 07:28, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if we'd go back for Joao Pedro in January. Still think we lack something out wide and Almiron's form isn't going to last forever. Even just as an upgrade on Fraser & Murphy as cover for ASM when he's back to full fitness.

e0d15f36ba7949db2a1bbb757c2439c3.gif

Thought he was really impressive in his few cameos earlier in the season, hit the post in one I think and seemed very confident on the ball,always looking to try beat his man. 

Would like him to get 2 or 3 games in this league to make a true assessment of where he currently is with his ability but we've been so impressive you can see why he hasn't had a look in. 

Personally I think he would perform better than Murphy over a 5 game period in the league. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Thought he was really impressive in his few cameos earlier in the season, hit the post in one I think and seemed very confident on the ball,always looking to try beat his man. 

Would like him to get 2 or 3 games in this league to make a true assessment of where he currently is with his ability but we've been so impressive you can see why he hasn't had a look in. 

Personally I think he would perform better than Murphy over a 5 game period in the league. 

Fair point but he simply won't get that run unless he does something exceptional,and that's looking unlikely so far

Bearing in mind he's just signed a new contract and notwithstanding no club can demand a "must play every game" loan stipulation, why can't he go to a Premier League team. 

Bournemouth for eg? Too demoralising battling away af the bottom v game time in the same league

Guest reefatoon

Think there was a bit too much of a clamour on here to start the lad. Good job we have Howe in charge who knows what he is doing. He has loads of time on his side to develop. Just keep easing him in, there is no need to rush him.

Edited by reefatoon

I don't think we've seen enough of him to really know exactly where he's at in his development, tbh. Certainly not going to rush to judgement off the back of a cup game where pretty much the whole team was underwhelming going forward. 

• 5 weeks later...

Would love to  have him back in BS7 until the end of the season and he can help us get to the Championship, he has played a huge part in making us the second top points scored side in 2022 in the 92, just behind Wednesday. The chance to have two promotions on his CV at 20 years of age would be something, even if it is lower leagues.

Sheffield Wednesday 91

Bristol Rovers 85

Sheffield Utd 84

Ipswich 83

Bolton 82

Mansfield, Northampton 79

Exeter, Leyton Orient, Swindle Town 78

Luton 76

Man City 75 

A few whispers down here that we could be in for Jay Turner-Cooke until the end of the season, with a couple of injuries in midfield he could replace Glenn Whelan being brought in as emergency cover and young enough to be Whelans son! 

The thought of Elliot coming back until May again and replicating last year is the stuff of dreams and would do no harm to his career at all in my completely bias blue tinted opinion!

Seasons greeting Geordies, chuffed to see you boys doing so well.

Edited by North Somerset Gas

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have started him against Sheffield Wed. Only partly to have a good look at him/minutes but mostly because of the fixtures at this time and the way we play, wouldn't mind resting a few.

Edited by Wolfcastle