Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Well it's five games left for Billy, possibly up to eight depending on where the next five games take us.

This is the business end for us now, with automatic promotion still not ruled out if we can put more of our chances away.

There have been one or two suggestions that Elliott should or could be playing in a striker role.

He has more than shown he is physically at a level where he can cope with some of the nonsense that is played by some of the teams in League 2.

Yet to see more aerial ability from Elliott, but given the talent and desire he has got I'm sure his game would only improve in this area.

I don't think Barton is going to change it, will be interesting to see where Elliott ends up positionally during his career, he will have an army of fans from the blue half of Bristol.

Maybe one day he will have Big Al's number 9 shirt!

He will head back to the north east a better player than the one he left, great to hear that he and his family have been very happy with the way he has been treated at our club.

The script isn't written for where we will be playing next season, it's hard to imagine Elliott not having a big say in our bid for promotion in the next five games at least.

By the end of May he could go down as our biggest Gas legend since Rickie Lambert, if you want to watch your local boy online there are I-follow passes available through the clubs website for about a tenner.

Come on Billy, make us dream. 

Up the Gas, Toon Army  

Thanks for contributing so much to the forum and keeping us updated on the lad's progress. Great to hear it all. Best of luck, hope you go up this year :thup:

39 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Thanks for contributing so much to the forum and keeping us updated on the lad's progress. Great to hear it all. Best of luck, hope you go up this year :thup:

Totally. Never normally have a clue how our loan lads are getting on, but for (to their credit) nufc.com.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Totally. Never normally have a clue how our loan lads are getting on, but for (to their credit) nufc.com.

Agreed, but can't help but think we'd hear more from people of other clubs if our players that went out on loan were any good :lol: 

Regardless of reason, it's great to get updates from @North Somerset Gas

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Cheers, a mate of mine thinks if we get promoted we may be able to keep hold of Elliot for a season long loan in League 1, I think he's been on the mushrooms!

I would be surprised if Elliot isn't playing in the Championship next season, we will be back to your natural level if we go up.

Joe Barton (along with Colonel Gibson) has taken the club to a new level on and off the pitch, new training ground built, new stadium talks ongoing and a very dedicated and generous club owner. 

Aspirations for the Championship and the structure is building, if Elliot can get some game winning goals over the next few weeks it will be fantastic for us and his career.

I'm hoping a few more loan signings come our way from St James's Park over the coming years, if JB stays, and Newcastle away in the FA Cup or a pre season friendly would be a cracking no lose weekend away!   

Edited by North Somerset Gas

2 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Cheers, a mate of mine thinks if we get promoted we may be able to keep hold of Elliot for a season long loan in League 1, I think he's been on the mushrooms!

I would be surprised if Elliot isn't playing in the Championship next season, we will be back to your natural level if we go up.

Joe Barton (along with Colonel Gibson) has taken the club to a new level on and off the pitch, new training ground built, new stadium talks ongoing and a very dedicated and generous club owner. 

Aspirations for the Championship and the structure is building, if Elliot can get some game winning goals over the next few weeks it will be fantastic for us and his career.

I'm hoping a few more signings come our way from St James's Park over the coming years, if JB stays, and Newcastle away in the FA Cup or a pre season friendly would be a cracking no lose weekend away!   

Think he’s probably a year behind in his development due to injury, should have been a championship loan this season. Great for you lads though and hopefully he leaves on a high note in coming weeks.

GOAL! Rovers 1-0 Salford

ELLIOT ANDERSON!

Thomas takes the ball on the half turn and drives forwards, picking out Anderson on the left. He darts inside and arrows into the bottom corner at the near post.

The roof came off. A huge moment for the Gas.

43 minutes ago, LV said:

Finally we’ve made a successful loan for one of our kids 

First one ever ? I’m struggling to think of any more ? I know Carroll went on loan but don’t remember him pulling up any trees 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

First one ever ? I’m struggling to think of any more ? I know Carroll went on loan but don’t remember him pulling up any trees 

Sean Longstaff had a good one at Blackpool

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Longstaff the elder did ok at Blackpool but not like this