Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s got an interesting way of dribbling, it’s not super tight to his feet and he takes long strides but still very effective. Can’t think who he reminds me of 

A young Andy Cole?

Hmm, maybe it’s more like Bale. Less blistering pace than Bale but similar strides

Edit: just looked back at some Bale dribbles and they’re not that similar actually

Edited by gbandit

You sure you lads what Billy back? 

This lad was unstoppable last night v Colchester and 2 goals in 2 games. 

This lad is something special' but in respect this is league 2, he needs to be tested at a higher level and if its not in league 1 with Rovers next season then he needs to be loaned to a decent League 1/Championship club. 

Small steps are better than big ones into football oblivion. 

Take Care Toon Army, speak soon

UTG KTF HATE BRISTOL CITY

53 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s got an interesting way of dribbling, it’s not super tight to his feet and he takes long strides but still very effective. Can’t think who he reminds me of 

That part of his play reminds me of when Ross Barkley first came on the scene and there was a canny bit of hype around him. 

This lad is Special... I just hope that he is nurtured and loved (we do ere thee sout'west mind) 

Newcastle, you have a home grown talent, let him shed his feathers' let him fly...... Bristol Rovers will nurture him but' ffs get him into your first team squad by the 22-23 season

This Boy/Man is Legend... 

God bless my friends in Newcastle (especially Blyth) see you soon hopefully

2 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

This lad is Special... I just hope that he is nurtured and loved (we do ere thee sout'west mind) 

Newcastle, you have a home grown talent, let him shed his feathers' let him fly...... Bristol Rovers will nurture him but' ffs get him into your first team squad by the 22-23 season

Reckon he's better than Stuart Campbell?

Guest HTT II

We need a pre-season friendly with Rovers, preferably away as Bristol is one of my fave places. Let him play 45 for them, then 45 for us. Proceeds going to food banks in both cities!

9 hours ago, GreenersGas said:

Still don't think you boys know what you've got on your hands,that was probably the best midfield performance in 50 years of watching the Gas!!!!

I'm just happy to say we've watched him before he becomes a legend for you🙌

:lol: I gotta stop reading these posts.

2 hours ago, Gashead 73 said:

In the past we'd have ruined him. Hopefully the new set up is better geared to nurturing talent.

The boy wonder

The number of young families coming to watch Rovers in recent weeks has certainly grown in line with the team’s epic run of form, and those who are getting their first taste of Rovers are witnessing something special. 

Elliot Anderson should not be playing in League Two, but somehow he is and Rovers are the lucky beneficiaries. This is a match-winner at just 19 years old, capable of scoring the goal that kids want to recreate the next day in the school playground.

Anderson does have a knack for making it look like child’s play as he utilises his weightless feet and strong core to dance past one challenge before bulldozing through another.

He added another superb goal to a growing collection on Tuesday, producing a pinpoint bending strike into the top corner to break the deadlock on an evening when Rovers had struggled for flow in their attacking play against a deep-set defence.

Beyond the goal, there were more than a handful of moments where he drew gasps of amazement from the terraces. He had the beating of any defender one on one and doubling up did not work for Colchester either. Harrogate had the same trouble on Saturday and Anderson will be causing managers headaches over how to plan and prepare for a young firebrand in such dominant form. 

A player destined for the big stage, Anderson will never play for Rovers again after May and anyone of a blue and white persuasion needs to get down to BS7 to see the boy wonder in the flesh.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boy-wonder-inspires-bristol-rovers-6809352

Hopefully he takes Bristol up and stays or gets a move up a division or two or to the SPL. All he needs is regular football and if it’s playing in a team that keeps it on the deck then all the better. 

Guest HTT II

I think I’ve found a club I now quite like, reading their history, their forums and obviously now they have one of our players, plus Bristol is one of my fave cities and I had an amazing few days there watching Gateshead away a few years back. I hope they get promoted and continue to prosper, a proper club with proper fans.

13 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Sounds like we’ve got something special on our hands according to Bristol Rovers fans on their forum

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/19350/billy-elliot?page=1

Jesus! Sounds like we have the next Gascoigne according to their forum! Great experience for the lad, next level should be a championship team but with the right type of football, something similar to what we play here.

Also like the fact that the link up with joey barton seems to be working, we can send more loanees to develop there...

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Hopefully he takes Bristol up and stays or gets a move up a division or two or to the SPL. All he needs is regular football and if it’s playing in a team that keeps it on the deck then all the better. 

Yeah, although it seems he should be playing a level much higher and I think a stint in The Championship is something we should consider, however if Bristol Rovers do go up then letting him have at least 6 months could be more valuable as he will likely continue to get games and we know he's being utilised and developed.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, although it seems he should be playing a level much higher and I think a stint in The Championship is something we should consider, however if Bristol Rovers do go up then letting him have at least 6 months could be more valuable as he will likely continue to get games and we know he's being utilised and developed.

Development is more important than the level, although the two should go hand in hand…

52 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Olly Bernard came back from Darlington a great player.