Jump to content

Elliot Anderson


joeyt
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If those players were anywhere near even Championship standard they'd have had a chance. 

If they're championship level then they deserve the chance, if only to assess their ability to step up. And if they show that then a season at a Championship club would be the perfect next step. Didn't Adam Armstrong try out in the Champo before being trusted at L1? and he's now a PL forward.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

I understand this but I think they need more than cup games. They need experience of being a footballer, day in day out. In an ideal world they'd be loaned to a level just above their ability in order to challenge them and see if they've got what it takes to step up.

And that's Sholas job, to see which level our young players are at. And then find a club where they would be getting games on a regular basis so they can become better and be prepared for the first team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Hopefully we have some agreement in place for him to get a decent amount of minutes

 

Looking at the table they are in between relegation and play off spots, likely to stay around there so it's not a bad club to join as that should mean he can get a run of games as there won't be significant pressure

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Hopefully we have some agreement in place for him to get a decent amount of minutes

 

Looking at the table they are in between relegation and play off spots, likely to stay around there so it's not a bad club to join as that should mean he can get a run of games as there won't be significant pressure

 

Like Longstaff did?  Sure there was nothing in that agreement other than he will train.

Agree, if he is not going to get minutes there is no point him going. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

 

Like Longstaff did?  Sure there was nothing in that agreement other than he will train.

Agree, if he is not going to get minutes there is no point him going. 

 

Agreements to play a certain amount of minutes or games are very rare, aren’t they? Why would Luton sign up to that when he could be absolutely bobbins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Shite deal, aye if he was akin to Foden at Man City at the same age, it’s a high level, far higher than under 23 games or Check-a-trade cup games or whatever it’s called. I don’t know how highly rated this kid is or not, but I doubt he’s one of the top prospects in our game even within Championship academies. I hope he does well and gets plenty of game time, this will be invaluable for him, whether he makes it here or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is a player you would expect him to make a real impact in League 2.  
 

Appreciate there is the odd Foden who never go on loan but they are rare.  Most have successful loans of some sort.  
 

Only comment is looking at his wiki page he has sporadically appeared for Scotland youth teams with one England cap at under 19 level.  I am sure he would rather play for England all being equal?  This suggests that he is not seen as the among the best English players for his age by whoever is running the England youth teams.

 

Looking back at the last wonder kid we had - Adam Armstrong, he was smashing it for England at every youth level (as did Foden).  Maybe I’m reading too much into international junior football…

 

This loan should tell us a bit more about him but it’s hard to get excited yet for me.  He could be an Adam Armstrong and eventually establish himself in the PL or be another Adam Campbell and end up non league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure the “if he’s good enough he would have played already” argument holds water for the past few years of NUFC. Plenty of players have left us and gone on to be good players. Toney, Armstrong, Tavernier are the ones that spring to mind. Not exactly world beaters, but still very handy players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/01/2022 at 21:22, joeyt said:

Joining Bristol Rovers. Disappointed he's not playing at a higher level than League 2

Rovers fan here in peace, with a big soft spot for Newcastle, enjoyed first visit back in the summer and a good wander around St James bit gutted the Strawberry was closed in the day though.

 

With regards to our current league status, were 3rd in the form table on the past six games, six points from Swindle Town in the play offs, with up to four games in hand on teams above us.

 

Barton has turned the fanbase in his favour after being divided for so long, he has his players playing for him and there’s a real sense of momentum.

 

It’s a bias view but I think well reach the play offs, it’s a very strong squad for scrappy league 2 football, ten players have recently returned from injury, and it feels like its all coming together, until Barton is due back in court in March…

 

If Elliot (we’ve got two Andersons and one Anderton now in the first team) gives his all then he will have certainly enjoyed his time here, plenty of noise down here recently and he should hopefully thrive and benefit from the experience of football still watched from the terraces, proper football experience!!!

 

Looking forward to seeing the lad put the blue and white quarters on, not much pretty about league two, but his development on the physical front is going to improve playing here I would think, seems as though JB is going to give him game time.

 

Fingers crossed your boys keep you up this year, if not please humiliate the Bristol Sport Franchise over the other side of the river next season!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Rovers fan here in peace, with a big soft spot for Newcastle, enjoyed first visit back in the summer and a good wander around St James bit gutted the Strawberry was closed in the day though.

 

With regards to our current league status, were 3rd in the form table on the past six games, six points from Swindle Town in the play offs, with up to four games in hand on teams above us.

 

Barton has turned the fanbase in his favour after being divided for so long, he has his players playing for him and there’s a real sense of momentum.

 

It’s a bias view but I think well reach the play offs, it’s a very strong squad for scrappy league 2 football, ten players have recently returned from injury, and it feels like its all coming together, until Barton is due back in court in March…

 

If Elliot (we’ve got two Andersons and one Anderton now in the first team) gives his all then he will have certainly enjoyed his time here, plenty of noise down here recently and he should hopefully thrive and benefit from the experience of football still watched from the terraces, proper football experience!!!

 

Looking forward to seeing the lad put the blue and white quarters on, not much pretty about league two, but his development on the physical front is going to improve playing here I would think, seems as though JB is going to give him game time.

 

Fingers crossed your boys keep you up this year, if not please humiliate the Bristol Sport Franchise over the other side of the river next season!


Im a Bristol based mag and I’ve been to the Mem a few times to see you play. Quality day out.

 

I’ll prob go again soon to watch Anderson play. :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Rovers fan here in peace, with a big soft spot for Newcastle, enjoyed first visit back in the summer and a good wander around St James bit gutted the Strawberry was closed in the day though.

 

With regards to our current league status, were 3rd in the form table on the past six games, six points from Swindle Town in the play offs, with up to four games in hand on teams above us.

 

Barton has turned the fanbase in his favour after being divided for so long, he has his players playing for him and there’s a real sense of momentum.

 

It’s a bias view but I think well reach the play offs, it’s a very strong squad for scrappy league 2 football, ten players have recently returned from injury, and it feels like its all coming together, until Barton is due back in court in March…

 

If Elliot (we’ve got two Andersons and one Anderton now in the first team) gives his all then he will have certainly enjoyed his time here, plenty of noise down here recently and he should hopefully thrive and benefit from the experience of football still watched from the terraces, proper football experience!!!

 

Looking forward to seeing the lad put the blue and white quarters on, not much pretty about league two, but his development on the physical front is going to improve playing here I would think, seems as though JB is going to give him game time.

 

Fingers crossed your boys keep you up this year, if not please humiliate the Bristol Sport Franchise over the other side of the river next season!

I went to Bristol Rovers vs Gateshead a few years back towards Xmas, yous won 3-2, great game and atmosphere and we had a great 4 days in one of my fave cities, the Xmas Market was class and we, well, got pissed every day and Rovers fans were superb, mind, so were City fans. Good luck for the season and I didn’t realise Barton was your manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...