Everton 0-2 Newcastle United - 30/01/21

Disco

Our corners were better today. Our corners have been shit recently but much improved today.

Corners are such a weird aspect of football. I reckon all professional players can put in good crosses in training, but come match day you would think it's the most difficult skill to execute with the amount of terrible corners you see each week (not just from us).

Fraser has always looked capable of crossing well and consistently, but Shelvey who couldn't beat his first man a few weeks ago is now doing it too. Confidence in football is everything imo, in that it unlocks players ability, without confidence ability seems to go out the window.

Sets you up for a decent weekend for once too having a win to cheer you up, bring on the Chinese and beers later.

Aye. Not had a Nandos in ages so going for that tonight with a few beers. Told missus we can watch the film when footy ends at 10pm. Sorted.

Our corners were better today. Our corners have been s*** recently but much improved today.

Corners are such a weird aspect of football. I reckon all professional players can put in good crosses in training, but come match day you would think it's the most difficult skill to execute with the amount of terrible corners you see each week (not just from us).

Fraser has always looked capable of crossing well and consistently, but Shelvey who couldn't beat his first man a few weeks ago is now doing it too. Confidence in football is everything imo, in that it unlocks players ability, without confidence ability seems to go out the window.

Fair point. We actually won the corners today through our pressing and attacking so it was encouraging.

Didn't watch as I fully expected another shit show.

So, were they actually decent, or did they look good because Everton come into this match expecting a walkover?

We looked tidy, a bit suspect at the back when they ran at us, but they didn’t really have any clear chances.

We had a couple of clear chances before we scored.

Didn't watch as I fully expected another shit show.

So, were they actually decent, or did they look good because Everton come into this match expecting a walkover?

Both. We were appallingly bad. Don't take my words either, take the fact Ancelotti publicly questioned the players' desire after the game.

That said you were far better than what I've seen from you recently, I'm sure others can give more detail.

Taking that all in , never in months have I given fist pumps and got off my seat and give it the get in  :lol:

We looked like a team that new their job, even if we’d lost today I’d have been pleased to see the way we tried, like a proper team .All performed well apart from my pet hate Shelvey  :rant:  Schar has his mojo back , Lewis had his best game so far, Hendricks even looked decent in that position.

Wilson however was my MOTM, you just had every confidence when he went through for that 2nd goal.

Hayden was back to his best , in his position , Darlow made some crucial saves and I’m glad he’s kept his place,

Miggy was a workhorse .

Bruce fuk off, this was one for us all, loved it. ;)

They definitely weren't prepared for the way we pressed and passed more intensely.

I'd massively question our commitment today, but I strangely don't blame us for not being prepared for a high press. Nothing about your recent games suggested you'd do that, the fact we didn't react to it though was utterly criminal.

There's an argument to be made we've had our 2 worst performances of the year vs you and possibly your 2 best against us, or certainly 2 of the best.

Same GWN[/member] I have been so apathetic about us and I was even at kick off but after seeing the effort they put in I was buzzing for them and up shouting and celebrating the 2nd goal like old times! Always helps when it is against Pickford and his scouse mackems!

Ahhh great , yeah I’m now going to get pissed , have a curry and enjoy a weekend for fuking once. :lol:

Whilst the current guise of the club is shit I enjoyed today, best we've played all season and Wilson really should've scored 4. Good performance, deserved result, and like the look of this quasi 4-3-3 we played today. Good opportunity for back to back wins if we play like today v Palace. Chuffed; curry and a few beers, the rest of the football and some Warzone, mint.