Graeme Jones

loki679

Wtf we are now blaming Jones  :rolleyes: this is all down to two men Bruce and Ashley that's it

A diamond formation is not going to work in every game and especially not with the current personnel - if anything it was actively costly today. When jones came in there was a move towards pressing but that has died away too lately. Maybe that's more of a fitness thing though if training is really only one or two days a week  :lol:

I think Jones helped initiate the change in formation - it can't be a coincidence it was literally the next game.

I doubt he picks the team now though, Bruce is so arrogant that can imagine he'll make the final decisions.

Again apologies for asking (but I don't watch the games anymore) did he seem to have any say so on the team/formation/tactics from the sidelines last night or was he ushered into the stands?

Hypothetically speaking, mainly because it won't happen, would anyone still be happy for him to take over the final games if Bruce was sacked or would that not be the answer?

As I said on the Bruce thread I think we are down regardless but others might still think differently.

Guest reefatoon

He is a no mark like the rest of them. He was never or will ever be the answer or saviour. People are just that desperate to see an end to Bruce, they have pinned all their hopes on a failed Luton manager/championship coach to somehow save it all.

His philosophy seems totally at odds with Bruce, if he was ever going to be manager then we should have got Bruce out of the door as soon as Jones walked in. He might be a decent coach long term, but he's not what was needed in a relegation scrap. Whatever he's doing it's not working.

Guest reefatoon

He’s been more than a ‘Championship coach’ though.

He might have been, but it is where we plucked him from on the cheap (we know it’s cheap because we brought him in)

It was the cheap way of attempting a new manager bounce, wasn't it? Paid Bournemouth a nominal fee and didn't have to give Bruce £4m compo.

As you say, glad it didn't work.

This guy will be our manager in the championship

Right up until we get relegated to the first division and meet the mackems coming the other way.

We’ll be playing the Mackems next season

how can you play split strikers, without having any strikers in the team to split?????????????

Even if you don't rate Joelinton in the role, he's got two other strikers fit and available in Gayle and Carroll. He could always try splitting them.

Jones said when he came that he would advise on formation etc but it would be up to Bruce if he wanted to take the advice /ideas.

Maybe the ideas would work if carried out to the letter. Perfect example is Shelvey  and Hendricks, if you wanted to play a high press  where lots of mobility is required then they should be giving out the oranges at halftime