Graeme Jones

loki679

difference last night was that we let them go 2-1 up. they then sat back, kept a good shape and kept catching us on the break.

we had no idea how to break them down and move through them. shelvey ended up in his usual position of CB.

once bruce had chucked on all his strikers there was just no shape or formation left.

everton were much more open and there were gaps everywhere.

So we have paid Bournemouth compensation for a ft coach who would probably have been sacked today

remember souness? madness. we all knew at the time he was gonna be sacked by blackburn within a few games.

The more i read or hear of Jones, the better the feeling i have for his appointment. Past players have come out and spoke highly of the methods and his ways with players.

The other positive about him is he is a fan of the club.. his father was a fan of the club and still have a season ticket even though he died 5 years ago

Even though Bruce is from Newcastle i refuse to believe he is a fan as if he was he would have walked away by now or he would have taken over in 2004 when Sir Bob was sacked.

I refuse to believe that Bruce wanted to stay loyal to Birmingham when history has told us Bruce has shown no loyalty to previous clubs

We've changed formation, we've changed our style of football, he talks to the players constantly, Bruce is rattled about it, it''s 100 percent him managing. Cucking Bruce

It's what Bruce wanted... This is Bruce doing it his way - get someone else in to make things better.

Probably seems himself as some wiley old master of management now, taking a step back from coaching like his idol Ferguson did.

That's not to excuse him in anyway. The guy is offensive to every sense, and an embarrassment to top level management.

So, is this sort of what Bruce was talking about in that interview when he said something along the lines of 'I don't think I will be here much longer'?

Wheres that come from?

Was months ago when he said that.

Ah, missed that then.

Past few weeks now been trying to view him as a glorified caretaker. It's clear as day he's not being fired, still hope that a takeover happen - and he'll be out the door then. If not, I'm just checked out caring until he does go, by whatever means - heart attack, falling down the stairs, covid, resigning over Mike watering down the gravy in the canteen, losing it mentally over the conspiracies and driving to Dundee gorging on kebab meat.

To be honest the best managers will have coaches that can do things like this and play to the strength of the coaching staff. Unfortunately we dont have one of the best managers I cant see anything other than the players growing to respect and back Jones and naturally drive a wedge between bruce and him. "In two weeks this guy has spoken more sense than two years of bruce."

He has clearly little interest in that video. Body language is terrible. I am sure he would have some lame excuse. This still feels more like an intervelntion than an addition or augmentation though.

To be honest the best managers will have coaches that can do things like this and play to the strength of the coaching staff. Unfortunately we dont have one of the best managers I cant see anything other than the players growing to respect and back Jones and naturally drive a wedge between bruce and him. "In two weeks this guy has spoken more sense than two years of bruce."

He has clearly little interest in that video. Body language is terrible. I am sure he would have some lame excuse. This still feels more like an intervelntion than an addition or augmentation though.

Can't think of any other PL club that would have their manager/head coach giving up as much responsibility/control as I'd imagine is in the Bruce Jones dynamic.

Wilder, Dyche, Parker, Potter will all be the ones that are driving the direction of the coaching, planning the sessions - and then obviously take guidance, and in put from their coaching teams.

Just can't see Bruce sitting the Steve gang and Jones down at start of the week, or in the morning and guiding them through what sessions and aspects the team will be working on.

It will be Jones now that's planning sessions, working with the midfield, drilling into the side the shape, transitions etc.

Standard of coaching and sessions Bruce would be doing or capable of working on must be a million miles away from what Jones is at. No other PL club would have such a gulf like that.

It's like Bruce is a head chef of a restaurant that can't cook. Jones is a sous chef that will run the kitchen, while Bruce does the business/admin stuff; but when he needs to actually do a service and cook anything he burns everything and can't keep up.